Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-23-2018, 10:27 PM   #10529
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Even with the fuse out, I get a little bit of soot on the inboard tips. At idle, I can feel a bit of exhaust coming out. I wired in a switch so I can put the fuse back in on the fly if I want. But I don't do that very often.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:34 PM   #10530
RicSimonis

Drives: '17 2SS H50 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBoy View Post
All yours get soot?

Heath
Yes. Maybe not the exact same amount, but I’ve not really paid that close of attention. (I’m still stock, BTW.)

I do remember reading/seeing somewhere that there was some governance to these valves, even in Track mode, just don’t remember exactly what it is. Eagerly awaiting your findings.

RicSimonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 04:42 AM   #10531
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicSimonis View Post
Good lookin’ ride.

Am I missing something or are the hood stripes missing? (Might be the angle.)

I’ve seen one owner that had them removed and then had the stripes painted on.

The only striping if you call it that is on the back that says fifty. I did not notice it until I picked it up. But since i drove 10 hrs to get her i dont have any issues. When i cleaned her yesterday it was the easiest ive ever done I wonder if there is a ceramic costing applied. I bought in Sarasota FL. That place is flush with cash. Don't know if it was a special order. I guess I could ask Becky if I give her the vin can she tell
Old 12-24-2018, 04:47 AM   #10532
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleil View Post
The fuse box

The 51 is in the middle of the pic the 2nd row 2nd from the right. The blue.

If you pull the fuse the flaps are always open. In track mode the flaps are closing during city speed at least here in EU that results also in a power loss at WOT.
Thanks I was looking yesterday and it's not easy to see which one is 51
Old 12-24-2018, 07:57 AM   #10533
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer_911 View Post
Appreciate it. I try not to spout nonsense. After the holidays I will see if I can find that article again. Otherwise I will try and wire a scope cam (if it’s not busted) to the exhaust to see. Or if your GoPro skills trump/beat me lol
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe this helps for the time being.
Fuse Pull Question For NPP
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:09 AM   #10534
Soleil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicSimonis View Post
Good lookin’ ride.

Am I missing something or are the hood stripes missing? (Might be the angle
You are probably right. Look at the rear caliper they are not orange as well as the wheel caps are not fifty. Also I miss the orange stiching on the seat.
Old 12-24-2018, 08:27 AM   #10535
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

OK so do I not have a 50th anniversary....? The caps are 50th and the interior is all 50 along with the orange stitching. The front calipers are 50th but not the rear. If it's not then someone spent a lot of money to make it look like one. Remember it's a v6 not a v8. Now I'm real curious. And it only had 3172 miles on it. Help fells now I don't know. Maybe the dealer can help.unless it was wrecked and someone fixed it. I also have the carfax I'll check there promise.
Old 12-24-2018, 08:47 AM   #10536
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo View Post
OK so do I not have a 50th anniversary....? The caps are 50th and the interior is all 50 along with the orange stitching. The front calipers are 50th but not the rear. If it's not then someone spent a lot of money to make it look like one. Remember it's a v6 not a v8. Now I'm real curious. And it only had 3172 miles on it. Help fells now I don't know. Maybe the dealer can help.unless it was wrecked and someone fixed it. I also have the carfax I'll check there promise.
You have a Fifty. Some things can’t be duplicated without putting in way more effort than it is worth. Seats with “Fifty” logo in the headrests. “Fifty” stitched in the passenger side dash panel. Orange calipers. I’m pretty sure it is only front for V6, but a V6 owner could verify that.

Seems like someone bought a Fifty and removed the stripes. ( If you ever find out who did it, let us know ).

The thought you have that maybe the previous owner ceramic coated the paint could be a clue as to why they may have removed the stripes. That’s just a guess.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:53 AM   #10537
Soleil

Have a look in the trunk there should be the sticker with the H50 code.
Attached Images

Old 12-24-2018, 09:09 AM   #10538
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
You have a Fifty. Some things can’t be duplicated without putting in way more effort than it is worth. Seats with “Fifty” logo in the headrests. “Fifty” stitched in the passenger side dash panel. Orange calipers. I’m pretty sure it is only front for V6, but a V6 owner could verify that.

Seems like someone bought a Fifty and removed the stripes. ( If you ever find out who did it, let us know ).

The thought you have that maybe the previous owner ceramic coated the paint could be a clue as to why they may have removed the stripes. That’s just a guess.
Thanks, I have all those on my car, But no stripes I have the Fifty on the back panel and the emblems on the side, its just different. Plus since I have the water issue in the trunk. When I take it in for service on Wed for the water issue, I know the service guy for years and will see what he can find out. Had me worried and with low miles and someone traded it in. Something to ponder.....
Old 12-24-2018, 09:42 AM   #10539
kpgreenwell

Drives: 2017 50th anniversary edition v6 A8
Orange Calipers

The V6 has orange calipers only only the front. Nice ride. I kind of like it with no Striping.
kpgreenwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:01 AM   #10540
RicSimonis

Drives: '17 2SS H50 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post

+1

I'm still trying to find the owner that had them painted. Think it was on the Book of Faces. Had kind of a 3D look to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleil View Post
Have a look in the trunk there should be the sticker with the H50 code.
+1
This is the easiest way to tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgreenwell View Post
The V6 has orange calipers only only the front. Nice ride. I kind of like it with no Striping.
+1
I remember that being one of the minor differences between the 2SS and 2LT. Front lower grill is also different. Same accent coloring but an LT grill as opposed to an SS grill.

Don't get us wrong, Guapo, still a great looking car for sure.

RicSimonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:26 AM   #10541
Cmax

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS FIFTY convertible
Hey all,
Speaking of altered FIFTY’s, I just watched an episode of Fantom Works, and the guys replaced a supercharger on a gen5 ZL1. The test drive made me want a ZL1.
I know you couldn’t order a ZL1 with the H50 package, so I am wondering if any of us have modded their FIFTY by adding a supercharger (OEM or other). Could be a one of one?....
Wouldn’t be that tough to do I wouldn’t think..... a bolt on kit with a professional tune....

Merry Christmas.
Cmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:02 AM   #10542
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmax View Post
Hey all,
Speaking of altered FIFTY’s, I just watched an episode of Fantom Works, and the guys replaced a supercharger on a gen5 ZL1. The test drive made me want a ZL1.
I know you couldn’t order a ZL1 with the H50 package, so I am wondering if any of us have modded their FIFTY by adding a supercharger (OEM or other). Could be a one of one?....
Wouldn’t be that tough to do I wouldn’t think..... a bolt on kit with a professional tune....

Merry Christmas.
One of my post-warranty considerations. There is a member here with an H50 + Calloway Twin Turbo.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
50th, club fifty, f1fty, fifty