#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 02-01-2017, 11:33 PM   #15
MAGAUSA

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post

The 1LE checks most of the boxes I'm looking for. What I don't know is how it would be to live with on an everyday basis.
It's amazing. Get rid of the go kart. Hop into a real car.
MAGAUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:10 AM   #16
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAUSA View Post
It's amazing. Get rid of the go kart. Hop into a real car.
Great thread. No regrets here except for the incredible value the JB4 represented, but with the Camaro the power starts where the JB4 left off. RIP 335i!

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 12:44 PM   #17
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Porsche convert (kinda) here: I sold a Boxster S and replaced it with a new SS 1LE. I still have a Cayenne for towing and a more track prepped air cooled 911. I'm a Porsche Club HPDE instructor (I also instruct with NASA and the corvette museum) and bought the 1LE to drive daily and to take to the track. I'm blown away at how good the 1LE is as a daily driver and weekend weapon. The only car I've driven (and I've driven a lot) that can match the 1LE's pace on a winding back road is my dad's GT4. My first HPDE in the 1LE is next weekend at Barber. Only mods thus far are alignment, brake pads and fluid. I'm really excited to see what it can do on track. Here's a couple shots from a couple weeks ago, took advantage of a 60 degree January Saturday.
Attached Images

Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 01:12 PM   #18
BEETS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Guess I'll chime in...

I still have yet to formally introduce myself to these forums, but the direction of this thread has caught my attention.

With that being said, my two recent cars were a pretty well built E92 M3 (DCT) and then a W204 C63.

The M3 was tons of fun, but gutless. If you don't already know you have to rev the snot out of the 8300 RPM red line (mine was raised to 8600) to get to the fun. I had KW V3's so handling was awesome and smooth for daily driving duties however, this //M LIVES at the track. I have to say although I didn't have a true manual, the DCT gearbox with the GTS tune was absolutely amazing! Exhaust sounds from the factory were good, but once you look aftermarket it gets so damn good! Driving around town, the M3 will feel like any ordinary car and if you want to get into the power band, you end up looking like you're driving a formula one car on the streets haha. I still one day ad a clean 6MT E90 to the stable in the future.

The C63 was basically a car made by the devil. It JUST SOUNDS SO MEAN everywhere. I did secondary cat deletes and a tune and it just roars. The C63 can't really handle for sh*t, gets absolutely the worst MPG ever (I got about 13 city 19 hwy), and has a slower, clunkier shifting transmission, but it didn't matter! Cold starts in the morning were a pure joy, people that knew about it would ALWAYS ask to rev it and she would get applauded each time, that was fun haha. I think I was around 490 whp with 285's in the back and that thing would absolutely pulverize you into the seat on launches. Makes every passenger hold on for dear life. Had her for about a year and the CONSTANT fill ups and rear tires every 5k miles got old to me. Yes, the C63 will go thru rear tires every 5,000 miles. Would make a great weekend car for me, but daily driven was no bueno.

After I sold the C63, I was considering a Challenger Hellcat, a GT 350, another M3 but 6MT and the 1LE.

I didn't even make it thru all my test drives because the 1LE swept me off my feet. The thing about this car is I believe with a few exceptions might be the best all around drivers car under $60k. It has great power, great sound, great performance, great price, decent MPG, and I know it's subjective but looks so damn aggressive!

I am an un biased car enthusiast of all makes and models and this 1LE combines the muscle car I wanted in the Hellcat and the race car I was looking for in the M3. What could make this car better, but can't really happen is obviously, back seat space and an optional premium interior package like BMWs' extended leather options, gawd those are so nice. Other than that, what a great time to be a car enthusiast!

EDIT: sorry for the crooked pics, will have a proper photo shoot soon!
Attached Images

BEETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 02:40 PM   #19
Sub

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I came from a e92m3 to a 2ss. No regrets. These cars are more modern then the (now dated IMO) 3 series. I also still own a 335i GT btw.

Do it!
Old 02-04-2017, 12:05 AM   #20
HyperBlue

Drives: 2011 MB E350 wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
That was an astonishing post.

Very....VERY well done, if I may say so!
+1

Excellent review.