Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-29-2017, 01:02 PM   #29
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Another forum member (parish8) has confirmed the ZL1 pump is a direct bolt in for the SS...
Now we just need to figure out if the SS/ZL1 pump is a direct swap for us also
At least we're heading in the right direction
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:05 PM   #30
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
Another forum member (parish8) has confirmed the ZL1 pump is a direct bolt in for the SS...
Slowly getting there.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:06 PM   #31
Corner carver

Ment to add the link last post: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477429
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Old 03-29-2017, 01:07 PM   #32
Corner carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Slowly getting there.
Booyah!
Old 03-29-2017, 03:41 PM   #33
Nate...

Drives: 2016 Camaro LTG
Quote:
Excellent.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:01 PM   #34
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
He also has his LT4 fuel pump for sale in case you are interested.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489342
Old 03-29-2017, 10:48 PM   #35
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Just spoke with a customer on the phone that has connections with GM that's been working on a big hp v6... He was talking to his GM connection about adapting an LT4 hpfp onto an LFX, the GM guy said it might be tough on the LFX but said it would probably damn near if not will bolt onto the LTG... So that sounds promising.

Supposedly the GM guy is going to try and send him just an LT4 hpfp housing with no guts to try to attach to the lfx. Assuming he gets it, he offered to send it to me to see if it bolts on to the LTG when he is done messing with it.

Still no word on pricing from extreme-di

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:21 AM   #36
Corner carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
He also has his LT4 fuel pump for sale in case you are interested.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489342
I'll hold off...can't justify $600 for something that might not work...
Was considering buying a ZL1 LPFP to try out and report back on... Pocket book will only support so much 'experimentation', in the process of saving for a stock driveshaft and axles to send to the driveshaft shop to start prototyping us some goodies
Old 03-30-2017, 06:48 AM   #37
Nate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Just spoke with a customer on the phone that has connections with GM that's been working on a big hp v6... He was talking to his GM connection about adapting an LT4 hpfp onto an LFX, the GM guy said it might be tough on the LFX but said it would probably damn near if not will bolt onto the LTG... So that sounds promising.

Supposedly the GM guy is going to try and send him just an LT4 hpfp housing with no guts to try to attach to the lfx. Assuming he gets it, he offered to send it to me to see if it bolts on to the LTG when he is done messing with it.

Still no word on pricing from extreme-di

I sent them an email too and haven't heard back. They are literally 15min away from my house so I might have to just knock on their door one afternoon.
It would be great to try out the LT4 hpfp. Hopefully that experiment happens.

Quote:
Was considering buying a ZL1 LPFP to try out and report back on... Pocket book will only support so much 'experimentation', in the process of saving for a stock driveshaft and axles to send to the driveshaft shop to start prototyping us some goodies
Totally understandable! haha
Old 03-30-2017, 08:47 AM   #38
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Totally understandable, I just wanted you to be aware it was for sale.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:30 AM   #39
Corner carver

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
Totally understandable, I just wanted you to be aware it was for sale.
Thanks for the heads up boss, greatly appreciated (I did miss that one )

Ignore the question mark, finger slipped...
Old 03-30-2017, 03:18 PM   #40
Jason@JacFab

I guess I'll be pulling the HPFP off the spare engine here in the near future and analyzing it. need to figure some stuff out before I go through all the work of having the fuel pump lobe on the camshaft reground.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:23 AM   #41
Jason@JacFab

Finally heard back from those extreme DI guys... Price on the HPFP-35 (180-bar/2600psi) is $1850. The HPFP-60 (230-bar/3300psi) is $2650

They said it was a tight fit on the ATS, I don't think anyone has put one on a Camaro yet.

They say they are working in a "bolt on kit" still, but make it sound like a diy rig up is possible. May have to have custom fuel lines made??? Not sure.

Said if we can put together a group buy of 5 or more there would be a 20% discount in price

Old 05-05-2017, 09:39 AM   #42
Nate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Finally heard back from those extreme DI guys... Price on the HPFP-35 (180-bar/2600psi) is $1850. The HPFP-60 (230-bar/3300psi) is $2650

They said it was a tight fit on the ATS, I don't think anyone has put one on a Camaro yet.

They say they are working in a "bolt on kit" still, but make it sound like a diy rig up is possible. May have to have custom fuel lines made??? Not sure.

Said if we can put together a group buy of 5 or more there would be a 20% discount in price

Wow that is pricey! I was expecting something more like $1k.... That's what we saw for the DISI engines on the Mazdaspeed platform for a BRAND NEW pump with upgraded internals.