Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2018 Camaro Fest (VIII)

AWE Tuning

Old 12-23-2017, 09:31 AM   #127
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I am a bit spoiled by our local track where you pull into the staging area & if you want water, you back into it. It is a much better system than I have seen anywhere else for giving folks options.
Old 12-23-2017, 03:30 PM   #128
HRD_WRK
HARD WORKING PATRIOT

Drives: 2011 CAMARO 2SS RS-AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I am a bit spoiled by our local track where you pull into the staging area & if you want water, you back into it. It is a much better system than I have seen anywhere else for giving folks options.
Youde like this one. My last TNT hunting for a Pbest took me afar to a new track for me -Byron IL.
There is a barrier behind the lanes that you have to drive around and then back into the water if you want.
I didn't like it because you had to pull in Right close behind the car launching -they rushed us. I also didn't like it because it was harder to find the groove out of the box -away from the 'off groove' debris.
Was a great site and track though.
Attached Images

Old 12-24-2017, 08:14 AM   #129
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Is there a heads up unlimited class for any gen Camaro? Is class 5 unlimited only for 5th/6th gen? Thinking about bringing my 1st gen big tire car.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 08:24 AM   #130
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Is there a heads up unlimited class for any gen Camaro? Is class 5 unlimited only for 5th/6th gen? Thinking about bringing my 1st gen big tire car.
Any Camaro in unlimited. #5 has no 5/6 gen designation in the description.

Edit: this is now class #1 after re-order.
Old 12-24-2017, 10:57 AM   #131
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Ran into an issue with the modified class last time but it was taken care of.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 11:35 AM   #132
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
Class 1.5 and Class 4. Making it this year! Should have the build finished up end of March.

Update - Class 2 and 6

Last edited by djcolopi; 12-24-2017 at 03:05 PM.
djcolopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 11:38 AM   #133
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
We can change that if we get ahead of it now problem is for all the V6 racers i think there's maybe 3 or 4 vocal ones i don't even own a V6 anymore and I'm fighting for you guys having two classes. I get the need to have the turnout like mlee has said but having bolt-ons vs. Nitrous & FI builds in the V6 stable doesn't leave a lot of fairness it's like putting an SS against a ZL1 stock for stock. I mean had the Gretchen and Jantzen cars not exploded their guts on that amazing heads up run the closest would've been rick to them and he wasnt running his nitrous and was i think a 13.3? Your talking a full 3 seconds almost there.
I will be making it this year and we have 3 other TT guys spraying meth and with a built short block outside of Frank (Gretchen build). We also have a few overkilled v6 guys who should be showing up.
Old 12-24-2017, 11:41 AM   #134
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Kind of sad he's taken that stance. The side by side 10 sec runs were posted on the Camaro Fest Facebook page a month ago. Pretty sure one of them broke before the finals so didn't get an award, but I guarantee you we can get him a fastest V6 plaque done with his time on it and sent to him. There will be more stuff like that at the 2018 fest. Would be nice if he would just come say something instead of blasting off on Facebook. I4 and V6 always get props but we can't catch everything on the spot.
Quote:
Your right though no honorary mention of the two cars that could've smoked 80% of the V8s with 2 less cylinders. Was a little V6 what about the V6 feeling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
Trent isn’t coming. He made a comment on the Facebook page saying no one really cares about the v6s anymore. And that there wasn’t any honorary mention about the 10 second passes him and not Gretchen made.
Trent sold his setup to Alan; Alan just had GPI finish his build, made 604rwhp and 558.9ft*lbs tq
Old 12-24-2017, 02:07 PM   #135
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcolopi View Post
I will be making it this year and we have 3 other TT guys spraying meth and with a built short block outside of Frank (Gretchen build). We also have a few overkilled v6 guys who should be showing up.
That's cool i hope they all show up this year the V6s really don't get the credit they deserve but that's just my opinion i know the mods really do care and they do a great job just sucks to be in the boat they are trying to help everyone. I hope we get more V6 racers this year that's a lot of the issue and that's not my opinion it's a fact that the numbers game for V6 racers sucks when it comes to Fest. I think they need to talk with the V6 circle who come to the camarofests and split it up anyway and not wait for 8 or more to show for a class seperation. A little progress there i feel would go a long way in easing the underlying tension on the subject. I mean we only had two I4s race last year hopefully more this year but a lot of that community seems to be all talk and no go for these events.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 02:15 PM   #136
djcolopi

Quote:
That's cool i hope they all show up this year the V6s really don't get the credit they deserve but that's just my opinion i know the mods really do care and they do a great job just sucks to be in the boat they are trying to help everyone. I hope we get more V6 racers this year that's a lot of the issue and that's not my opinion it's a fact that the numbers game for V6 racers sucks when it comes to Fest. I think they need to talk with the V6 circle who come to the camarofests and split it up anyway and not wait for 8 or more to show for a class seperation. A little progress there i feel would go a long way in easing the underlying tension on the subject. I mean we only had two I4s race last year hopefully more this year but a lot of that community seems to be all talk and no go for these events.
I was supposed to make it last year; however, my old performance shop, JE Import Performance pushed me back, then back burned my build, then worked on other cars, kept telling me everything was easy, etc, etc and what was supposed to be 2 months worth of work, 10k paid up front and all the parts supplied (in addition to the car) is turning into 6 months
Old 12-24-2017, 02:53 PM   #137
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcolopi View Post
I was supposed to make it last year; however, my old performance shop, JE Import Performance pushed me back, then back burned my build, then worked on other cars, kept telling me everything was easy, etc, etc and what was supposed to be 2 months worth of work, 10k paid up front and all the parts supplied (in addition to the car) is turning into 6 months
Will be great to have you this year for sure.

I've edited the classes to add add V6 modified.

Also, since we always run Unlimited cars first I reversed the class order.
Old 12-24-2017, 03:25 PM   #138
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrankin View Post
Put me down for bracket racing.

2016 SS - 6 gen

Bill
Might as well put me down for Stock SS too.

Bill
2013 2SS / RS - AGM / Jet Black (sold)
1970 1/2 Z/28 Classic Copper / Tan (sold many years ago)
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 04:09 PM   #139
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Will be great to have you this year for sure.

I've edited the classes to add add V6 modified.

Also, since we always run Unlimited cars first I reversed the class order.
TY mike i know i don't own a V6 anymore but i feel for them.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 05:09 PM   #140
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Any Camaro in unlimited. #5 has no 5/6 gen designation in the description.

Edit: this is now class #1 after re-order.
Thanks. Please put me down for Class 1 Unlimited.

'69 Camaro
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote