Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-09-2019, 08:46 PM   #1
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Other Maintenance Suggestions while I'm at it...

OK, so been hashing all this out & think I got the 411 needed to knock out the BMR Lockout Kit along with the BMR upper / lower / trailer arms...waiting for the arms which should be in the next week or two.

I'm at a little over 5k miles & also going to tackle the A10 transmission change at the same time...I have my cart loaded for the 3 items needed for the change & all 26 suspension bolts needed that cannot be reused / re-torqued.

Are there any other suggestions you guys recommend that I take care of while I got the girl on the lift?? Only other maintenance besides the obvious oil changes is the differential fluid has been taken care of. If there is anything you guys would also knock out if you were in my situation, please let me have it.

I recall seeing something about the eLSD flush but not sure exactly what / why or when needed...open to all suggestions.

Would like to thank our fellow C6 members who took the time to share their personal experiences with these recent threads. This place is great & I'm new to all this stuff with the Z being my first sports car...I always thought my preliminary mods would be towards the power end, but glad I'm tackling the suspension needs out of the gates. Thinking hard on the Jannetty 125hp flex package for the added ponies & really feel it's the direction I want to take the car & keeping it focused for the road course while giving her a little more giddy-up.

A10 DIY:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=553829

BMR Lockout Review:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=551579

Lockout warning:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=553928
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:53 AM   #2
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
I can’t think of anything else you’d need to do
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:57 AM   #3
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
We have some package deals you might want to take a look at as well. Big power at a fair price. A catch can is a good add too. Keeps your blower clean and they can even help to reduce knock which on a boosted car is a very good thing.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:22 AM   #4
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Do the diff fluid change. Two quarts of the factory fill, 3/8" ratchet/breaker bar for the drain/fill plugs, and a torque wrench. These work fine for filling:

https://www.amazon.com/Standard-Bott...s%2C172&sr=8-6
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:34 AM   #5
Sakudog

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Do not touch the eLSD system, that will end up being something you regret. Diff fluid is fine. These cars are really great from the factory, I'd double check the Supercharger cooling system for air but that is it. Here is a video on how to do it the cheap way and some tuners say the best way to get every last drop of air out of the system.

Ryker #29
2019 ZL1 1LE A10
2015 Z/28 #809
Sakudog is offline   Reply With Quote