Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-07-2019, 01:02 PM   #1
Gutling

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2.0 LT
Tuning

I am about at the point where a tune is the next step in mods. I have read a lot of peopls reviews/thoughts on here and know some of them I should shy away from. I would really like a in-house dyno tune, I know that would be best bang for the buck but as far as I can tell there is nobody near me that does this (I am in western NC).

So for mail order ones, I am looking at Tri-fecta and ZZP. I have basic bolt-ons, intake/dp/exhaust. My car is a '17 and automatic. What are you thoughts on one over the other?
Gutling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 04:56 PM   #2
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I personally am not a fan of tri-fecta due to their lack of communication. I have reached out to the several times for information and was never replied to.

If you're looking for fantastic customer service and want to go fast without going broke...Go to ZZP Steve, Matt, and Tyler will ALL help you in any way you need without taking your first born child
Old 05-07-2019, 08:32 PM   #3
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Vermont Tuning is the only tried and true Remote Tune. RPM will blow you up, ZZP will get you deplorable gains for what you pay especially with a 17+ and Trifecta well xactly what others have said about communication.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:19 PM   #4
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
I can second or third the point about Trifecta, although they did respond to my inquiries, it felt like they just wanted me to go away and leave them alone. Never a good sign and an absolute dealbreaker if it's done to prospects (I was seriously considering their tune).

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 11:24 AM   #5
Gutling

That is sad to hear, especially for something like a tune where you may be having to get re-tuned or tweaked in the future with other changes. All local places i called are v8 camaros only, you figure Atlanta would have at least 1 place that wants to deal with the ltg. I had not considered vermont, i saw there page but did not see too many posts on here about them or results with them.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:32 AM   #6
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Cooper used them they aren't mentioned a lot because you pay for what you get and everyone wants cheap.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 05-10-2019, 04:45 PM   #7
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
I believe startthemachine here had a good experience with trifecta, but that was a local in-house dyno tune they did. Still, I don't ever recall him having any problems with trifecta as far as communication goes. ZZP has a lot of satisfied customer reviews on their site. Just in the review section for their tune, there are like 25 positive comments, and about 2 negative, one person saying it wasn't as much power as he was expecting, and another saying they had knock and nobody replied to their emails. Yet many other reviews state communication was prompt and professional, so...you gotta think something weird happened there.

Trifecta also has lots of positive feedback.

Why not give someone a call, tell them about your car and see what they say?
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:15 PM   #8
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutling View Post
I am about at the point where a tune is the next step in mods. I have read a lot of peopls reviews/thoughts on here and know some of them I should shy away from. I would really like a in-house dyno tune, I know that would be best bang for the buck but as far as I can tell there is nobody near me that does this (I am in western NC).

So for mail order ones, I am looking at Tri-fecta and ZZP. I have basic bolt-ons, intake/dp/exhaust. My car is a '17 and automatic. What are you thoughts on one over the other?
Vengeance Racing in Cumming Georgia, which is the north part of the state. Easy one day drive. They are the best in the business.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 12:43 AM   #9
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
I believe startthemachine here had a good experience with trifecta, but that was a local in-house dyno tune they did. Still, I don't ever recall him having any problems with trifecta as far as communication goes. ZZP has a lot of satisfied customer reviews on their site. Just in the review section for their tune, there are like 25 positive comments, and about 2 negative, one person saying it wasn't as much power as he was expecting, and another saying they had knock and nobody replied to their emails. Yet many other reviews state communication was prompt and professional, so...you gotta think something weird happened there.

Trifecta also has lots of positive feedback.

Why not give someone a call, tell them about your car and see what they say?
I guess I'm the outlier or just lucky here. I had Trifecta's emailed canned tune and had no problems at all with it. I also had no issues with their customer service and communication when ordering their canned tune. I had a million stupid questions and concerns and they answered all of them right away. I then "upgraded" to their premier package and took advantage of being so close to their in-house shop. My in-house dyno tune experience with them was absolutely amazing. They were patient with me and very professional. They took their time and got the tune tottaly dialed in. I'm still loving the outcome of my dyno tune every time I drive the car.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 06:51 AM   #10
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

You need to remember two things OPs car is a 17+ and automatic so lot more involved then a simple 16' M6.

Old 05-11-2019, 06:56 AM   #11
Gutling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFGTO View Post
Vengeance Racing in Cumming Georgia, which is the north part of the state. Easy one day drive. They are the best in the business.
"Thank you for your interest in Vengeance PCM for your tuning needs. Unfortunately, we are not able to tune that vehicle since we only work on 8 cylinder vehicles. We do apologize and thank you for checking with us. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know."

That was my response back from them
Old 05-11-2019, 11:37 AM   #12
Start The Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
You need to remember two things OPs car is a 17+ and automatic so lot more involved then a simple 16' M6.
That is a good point.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Old 05-11-2019, 11:40 AM   #13
Start The Machine

BNR just made their canned tune publicly available after 2 years of testing. The reviews on it are very positive so far. It's $$$$... though.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:08 PM   #14
Gutling

I have not even heard of BNR before. But looking at it, the price looks the same ballpark as trifecta/zzp. Once I throw '17 on there goes up a little. Does anyone on here have their tune?