Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-30-2022, 08:13 AM   #1
I don't want a mustang

Drives: 2022 LT-1 Convertible
Sucktastic 2022 Sun Visor

I do love my 2022 convertible, but that sun visor has got to go.

I was looking for replacement possibilities and noticed that 2021 LT1 sun visors are fundamentally different, and can be rotated to cover the side as well as in front like a real visor.

Is this a convertible issue or do all 2022's have really cheap, crappy, poorly adjustable sun visors? If it's a vert issue I guess it's to keep the wind from smacking you.
Attached Images

I don't want a mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 08:29 AM   #2
AmericanMike

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
My F1FTY vert has fixed sun visors. I agree not so useful.
AmericanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 06:15 PM   #3
PostalLDMC

Drives: 2022 2LT RS Convertible
Your so right about the sun visors. I found you just suffer or wear a ball cap. They just tuck so far in you can't do much with them.

PostalLDMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 09:04 AM   #4
The Chief (tm)

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS "Convertibobble"
I set my seat bottom about as high as it can go, and prefer the backrest to be much more upright than probably most people do. So somehow I actually manage to reap some straight-ahead sun-blocking ability from the visor, because my eyes end up being about in-line with it, vertically.

But I too was surprised, and disappointed, that they do not rotate outwards. And even if they could, they're so short (in height) that I wonder if they'd block much of the sun coming from the side. :-/
'94 ST1100 146K
The Chief (tm) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 10:29 AM   #5
Jus Cruisin
Old Gearhead

Drives: 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate
With window tint there's no need to swing the sunvisor in any vehicle. As far as forward, if needed, I'll have a "tint brow" installed. You can see the one I had on my Jeep.
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2022, 07:52 PM   #6
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin View Post
With window tint there's no need to swing the sunvisor in any vehicle. As far as forward, if needed, I'll have a "tint brow" installed. You can see the one I had on my Jeep.
Why have tint installed if it’s not something a person wants, needs or expects to install? I’ve had two verts and I agree… the visor sucks Big Time. The vert, for all its glory, was taken out to the woodshed on a lot of standard items. Then you’re charged an above standard premium for the drop top. A decent (Normal) visor, isn’t too much to ask….honestly, I just think it’s expected.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 08:02 AM   #7
The Chief (tm)

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS "Convertibobble"
I guess now I MUST know: do any other mfr's. convertibles allow the visor to swing out, and/or offer another, better solution?

Minor aside #1: I had a 1989 Ford Taurus SHO whose visor had a second visor on the same mount, and which could be swung outwards, even while keeping the main one pointed towards the windshield. That car actually had a few other things that were reasonably "ahead" of their time.)

Minor aside #2 and not to hijack: Chutzpah, what types of things have you felt were lacking in the convertible? Not disagreeing, but for the most part it seems like the well-known quibbles on display in my 2SS are the same complaints as with the coupe. Hopefully there's not something that I didn't know I was missing, and should be angry about! ;-)
'94 ST1100 146K
The Chief (tm) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 08:49 AM   #8
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chief (tm) View Post
I guess now I MUST know: do any other mfr's. convertibles allow the visor to swing out, and/or offer another, better solution?

Minor aside #1: I had a 1989 Ford Taurus SHO whose visor had a second visor on the same mount, and which could be swung outwards, even while keeping the main one pointed towards the windshield. That car actually had a few other things that were reasonably "ahead" of their time.)

Minor aside #2 and not to hijack: Chutzpah, what types of things have you felt were lacking in the convertible? Not disagreeing, but for the most part it seems like the well-known quibbles on display in my 2SS are the same complaints as with the coupe. Hopefully there's not something that I didn't know I was missing, and should be angry about! ;-)
So a few items that are standard or not available on the convertible that would be on the coupe - ELSD standard (ZL1), front collision avoidance standard (newer SS, ZL1 models), PDR optional (ZL1), supplemental cooler for differential standard (SS, ZL1), supplemental coolers engine standard (SS, ZL1) Rear deck speakers standard 2SS, ZL1. I guess my point is if Chevy is going to take away a lot of items and charge a decent chunk of change for a convertible, they should at least give you a usable visor, with a light…and a cover for the mirror. Every time I pushed that visor down (out of habit), I’d be looking at myself in the mirror while still getting blinded by the sun. My other quibbles are related to the top longevity / glass delamination , creaks, rattles, wind noise, retracting flapper design, no trunk to passenger compartment pass thru because electronics / hydraulics placement. It seems the convertible was more of an afterthought, in some areas. Don’t get me wrong, great with the top down, handling is awesome, looks great. But, Chevy could have done a better job for the premium you pay.

Last edited by Chutzpah; 01-02-2023 at 01:30 AM.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 12:01 PM   #9
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
So a few items that are standard or not available on the convertible that would be on the coupe - ELSD standard (ZL1), front collision avoidance standard (newer SS, ZL1 models), PDR optional (ZL1), supplemental cooler for differential standard (SS), supplemental coolers engine standard (SS), Rear deck speakers standard 2SS, ZL1. I guess my point is if Chevy is going to take away a lot of items and charge a decent chunk of change for a convertible, they should at least give you a usable visor, with a light…and a cover for the mirror. Every time I pushed that visor down (out of habit), I’d be looking at myself in the mirror while still getting blinded by the sun. My other quibbles are related to the top longevity / glass delamination , creaks, rattles, wind noise, retracting flapper design, no trunk to passenger compartment pass thru because electronics / hydraulics placement. It seems the convertible was more of an afterthought, in some areas. Don’t get me wrong, great with the top down, handling is awesome, looks great. But, Chevy could have done a better job for the premium you pay.
These, plus the fact that the Camaro convertible is not a hardtop, were the reasons I didn't even consider the vert, even though I'd love the open air experience. Not concidentally, if I ever wanted a C8, I'd only buy a convertible trim.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 12:09 PM   #10
Jus Cruisin
Old Gearhead

Drives: 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
So a few items that are standard or not available on the convertible that would be on the coupe - ELSD standard (ZL1), front collision avoidance standard (newer SS, ZL1 models), PDR optional (ZL1), supplemental cooler for differential standard (SS), supplemental coolers engine standard (SS), Rear deck speakers standard 2SS, ZL1. I guess my point is if Chevy is going to take away a lot of items and charge a decent chunk of change for a convertible, they should at least give you a usable visor, with a light…and a cover for the mirror. Every time I pushed that visor down (out of habit), I’d be looking at myself in the mirror while still getting blinded by the sun. My other quibbles are related to the top longevity / glass delamination , creaks, rattles, wind noise, retracting flapper design, no trunk to passenger compartment pass thru because electronics / hydraulics placement. It seems the convertible was more of an afterthought, in some areas. Don’t get me wrong, great with the top down, handling is awesome, looks great. But, Chevy could have done a better job for the premium you pay.
So you are saying the C7 Corvette convertible was basically junk? The ZL1 convertible seems to operate the same as my 2016 Z06. The most annoying thing with the Z06 visor was the yellow warning sticker the nearly covered it. That I covered with another black sticker. Never used them either. You can see in the pic they are just sitting there looking dorky with the top down.
Attached Images