Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-24-2018, 03:41 PM   #29
Kevin_S17

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 Vert Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
So I'll leave it up to you, send it back for a full refund if you're not happy, or send it back for inspection and a potential adjustment or replacement. Typically I've found if I put it on and the car feels slower, I've done something wrong. Remove and replace. Generally fixed.
That's a good customer service/quality response. Nicely done.
Kevin_S17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 08:44 AM   #30
rayruner

Drives: 16 2.0 red
good morning

I don't know why your trying to make a production out of this. If i'm the only one that doesn't like your valve, i say thats a pretty good average, you should be happy, there's a saying you can't make everybody happy all the time. I'll drive the car some more, if i don't like , i'll send it back for a refund. End of story.
rayruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:09 AM   #31
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayruner View Post
I don't know why your trying to make a production out of this. If i'm the only one that doesn't like your valve, i say thats a pretty good average, you should be happy, there's a saying you can't make everybody happy all the time. I'll drive the car some more, if i don't like , i'll send it back for a refund. End of story.
I wouldn't say he made a production out of it he politely and literately gave you options and addressed your issues. If you want i can make a production out of it for you?

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:32 AM   #32
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
Dave "The Hammer" Schultz is in the house.
SSShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:37 AM   #33
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyfl2004 View Post
Dave "The Hammer" Schultz is in the house.
Don't get me going. He just hit a nerve and i was waiting for jason to reply before i said anything. Dunno why you would feel the need to air your issues over a company's launch product openly before even contacting the company for a solution.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 11-25-2018, 10:42 AM   #34
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Don't get me going. He just hit a nerve and i was waiting for jason to reply before i said anything. Dunno why you would feel the need to air your issues over a company's launch product openly before even contacting the company for a solution.
You're absolutely 100% right, but I just couldn't resist.
SSShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:05 PM   #35
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
@ rayruner , one thing that should be noted about the valve:
It seemed to take the PCM a bit of time too fully adjust to the valve. OFC this is true for any bolt-on performance parts, but the valve seemed to require more time. I assume its because actual boost is changing in so many areas of the power band, it has a harder time adjusting and re-learning as quickly. Put at least a few hundred "mixed" driving miles on, and see what ya think after that.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:39 PM   #36
geoffchad

Drives: 2013 ATS M6, 95 Z28 Conv M6 turbo
Jason-

By chance have you guys tried this on a 2013-2015 LTG engine with the older ECU?
geoffchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 08:17 PM   #37
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

That may he where the problem is small changes between the ATS and Camaro that are so small it's not noticeable to the naked eye.

Old 11-27-2018, 08:12 AM   #38
geoffchad

Drives: 2013 ATS M6, 95 Z28 Conv M6 turbo
Quote:
That may he where the problem is small changes between the ATS and Camaro that are so small it's not noticeable to the naked eye.
I want to say that shouldn't be the case... I mean it's the same engine part number, same manifolds, turbo... the IC pipes are the same, intercooler is the same part. Really the only difference between a stock ATS LTG and Camaro LTG (of the same year) is the airbox and airfilter and then the downpipe has a different bracket, and after the downpipe the exhausts are different. And the engine cover.

Otherwise they're identical, right? I assume the engine & transmissions calibrations are slightly different, just due to expected driving habits of the different vehicle and weight.
geoffchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:28 AM   #39
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Did an unboxing of one of Jason & Jesse's Boost-o-lators. This may cheer you guys up a bit! Have a watch!

https://youtu.be/afAyrkk2RMU

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 12:39 PM   #40
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffchad View Post
I want to say that shouldn't be the case... I mean it's the same engine part number, same manifolds, turbo... the IC pipes are the same, intercooler is the same part. Really the only difference between a stock ATS LTG and Camaro LTG (of the same year) is the airbox and airfilter and then the downpipe has a different bracket, and after the downpipe the exhausts are different. And the engine cover.

Otherwise they're identical, right? I assume the engine & transmissions calibrations are slightly different, just due to expected driving habits of the different vehicle and weight.
I'm not saying your incorrect or I am, but this same argument was made back in the 3.6 LLT days between the caddy and camaro same engine same transmission options and the caddy was on the lighter platform and still got destroyed by the camaro. I haven't yet delved to deep into the ECU of these cars but knowing GM they probably have a lot more diversity then you think.

Old 11-27-2018, 01:50 PM   #41
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffchad View Post
Jason-

By chance have you guys tried this on a 2013-2015 LTG engine with the older ECU?
Got one going on a 2013 today! Has a Vermont tuning turbo, and the zzp stage 2 cams, probably some other bolt ons also. Unfortunately, not a stock tune car, but it should be fun

*edit* well that was fast. Heard from the tuner that's been tuning the car. His exact words to me were:

Quote:
So far says boost in way faster. Jumps to 18 very quick on part throttle, said feels awesome now. In town so can't bear down on it yet but so far way more torque. I'll have the log tonight.
Check engine light as not been disabled, but so far no check engine light.

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 11-27-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 03:10 PM   #42
dekes1

Drives: Camaro like
Quote:
I'm not saying your incorrect or I am, but this same argument was made back in the 3.6 LLT days between the caddy and camaro same engine same transmission options and the caddy was on the lighter platform and still got destroyed by the camaro. I haven't yet delved to deep into the ECU of these cars but knowing GM they probably have a lot more diversity then you think.
There are a number of tunes available for comparison between ATS and Camaro LTGs on HPT Repository. Drumroll.... Exactly the same. Down to the same mistakes made in some tables.

But, we do have to acknowledge that not all tables are exposed via HPT, so there may be some tables that are different down deep. But at the 99% level, they are identical.
dekes1 is offline   Reply With Quote