Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-30-2018, 09:49 PM   #15
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
That already happens.
As far as I'm aware not many I4's here unless they're hiding and staying out of the groups most owners here are 2SS / ZL1
Old 11-30-2018, 11:40 PM   #16
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFangz1100 View Post
As far as I'm aware not many I4's here unless they're hiding and staying out of the groups most owners here are 2SS / ZL1
You been under a rock but really has only been me, gino and whiskeyfed representing lately. I know a ton have went to the 1/4 mile but they think they're gonna land a mid to low 12s ET and they get that mid high 13s first time out and never post cuz they don't understand the car.

Stock 6th Gen SS run mid to low 12s with a competent practiced driver and those range from 360 to 390 whp so until you supe the I4 up like ZZP and dial yourself and your car in your gonna be a little disappointed. I went several times this early summer and was less then thrilled some of it was the heat but i did get my car dialed in and saw improvements as i changed how i did some things now i have a whole new setup to dial in......

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:57 AM   #17
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Quote:
You been under a rock but really has only been me, gino and whiskeyfed representing lately. I know a ton have went to the 1/4 mile but they think they're gonna land a mid to low 12s ET and they get that mid high 13s first time out and never post cuz they don't understand the car.

Stock 6th Gen SS run mid to low 12s with a competent practiced driver and those range from 360 to 390 whp so until you supe the I4 up like ZZP and dial yourself and your car in your gonna be a little disappointed. I went several times this early summer and was less then thrilled some of it was the heat but i did get my car dialed in and saw improvements as i changed how i did some things now i have a whole new setup to dial in......
I agree with the disappointment you may run into when you run slower than expected. I've been back to the track and haven't been able to get the car to hook up but mph is significantly up
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:01 PM   #18
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_gen_gino View Post
I agree with the disappointment you may run into when you run slower than expected. I've been back to the track and haven't been able to get the car to hook up but mph is significantly up
It's one of those i want my kicks now worlds unfortunately. You'd think having the I4 you would embrace being different and the need to improve over time but seems to be a dying outlook in this day and age.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:24 PM   #19
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Quote:
It's one of those i want my kicks now worlds unfortunately. You'd think having the I4 you would embrace being different and the need to improve over time but seems to be a dying outlook in this day and age.
Wish I could just go ahead and buy a drag pack but I need to worry about tires on the vette atm, maybe a little burnout would help my 60ft
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:15 PM   #20
Grnmtnboy

Drives: It's slow and has 4 wheels
A little heat in the tires and messing with pressures and maybe the sway bar youll get that short game down Pat. I cant wait to hit the track up again and run extremely slow in comparison.
Grnmtnboy is offline   Reply With Quote