Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-01-2016, 11:02 PM   #43
hangover
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectors2Final View Post
I beg to differ... I feel that the Mustang brings the same old shit, while the Camaro is moving forward from "retro" and becoming more modern. It's faster, it's lighter, and I feel that the quality is great.

I think it boils down to your last sentence, and maybe car people in general. I can tell that the Gen6 is very different in a lot of ways.
Lol... come on man. The first year of a new platform and the best this camaro heap of shared parts can do is half the sales of a second year mustang platform?

Face the facts, Ford hit the home run of home runs with the Mustang6g and left the Camaro in the dust.
hangover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:05 PM   #44
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobra_Klutch View Post
Does anyone besides myself find it odd that this site doesn't get the frequent Cameo appearances from the Big dogs of the Camaro world (like right after a new variant is released) like they use to when sales were high and many (not just enthusiasts) were raving about the last Gen Camaro. They were on here often basking and soaking up the praises. It speaks volumes when you can't stand it when it starts to rain; every day isn't sunny. I bet a few others beside myself would like to hear some of their points of views but I'm sure they will give a "canned" statement or two and aren't able to speak honestly about the negative aspects of the new Camaro. They would often come on here talking about how much they wanted to beat the Mustang in all areas and yes that it's always about competition. Where are they now? I watched the Woodward Dream Cruise footage by Chevy it paled in comparison to the show Dodge put on for the Challenger/Charger with their 10 year old chassis and people still salivate over the car. What gives Team Chevy? Don't hide when things aren't going well, play both sides of that coin hard.
That large paragraph was painful to read. But to shed a little light, Fbodfather (Scott Settlemire) was the man that shared his passion for this product with us. He has since retired and after that day, any GM presence from on-high has been deafeningly silent.

Al O. would make it sound like they are all too busy making us kick ass vehicles, but this is the same guy that got a bunch of nameless cronies together as a focus group to ask what they wanted in the next Camaro -- why not ask Tran to post some surveys to allow the greater 5th gen community to weight in and provide a better sampling size? GM only placates us with event support now.

I don't think any of them get that we would rather have some people from Chevy support that have Camaros join this site with their real names, actually interact with us to improve the platform and help with smooth issue resolutions. If they wanted to cyber-stalk the boards sometimes and see where groups were meeting for surprise visits with test mules, that would be thoughtful and cost them very little. Imagine if the ZL1 testers they had around the country spent some nights in different states crashing the closest Camaro club meet out of nowhere.

It would get more people on here hyped and even hanging out together to share about these cars. Big groups of them on the side of the road generates free marketing and attention. And these forums wouldn't be tanking like the Titanic due to lack of fresh blood and ideas.

Instead we get a single social media account shared by some people likely driving Sparks, that hate their job so much they use canned scripts to deal with us like we're calling some tech support number in India. "Did you make sure the computer is plugged in? Have you pressed the power button?"
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:07 PM   #45

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
It would be interesting if we could get the sales breakdown of all the different models.

Not sure why this can't be more readily available.

Looking at the LS model numbers from previous years, it looks like they did add 20-30K units for each year...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315223

FWIW we still have 1LEs, ZL1s, and the Z/28s to be added to the sales numbers....Not saying it will be all that much of an impact, but I do think lack of LS models have lowered sales numbers....and without the LS, a "low" cost Camaro doesn't exist for purposes of a mere price comparison at a glance....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:54 PM   #46
Cldgin2

Drives: 2017 1LE SS
Ford is counting sales to fleet. Not sure why every one is freaking out. Sales are holding steady, we have a quality product. I'm loving my 6th gen, and starting to see more and more out here in Vegas
Old 09-02-2016, 04:09 AM   #47
nvrsatisfied

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hangover View Post
Lol... come on man. The first year of a new platform and the best this camaro heap of shared parts can do is half the sales of a second year mustang platform?

Face the facts, Ford hit the home run of home runs with the Mustang6g and left the Camaro in the dust.
You are nothing but a troll. Anyone can go back and read your posts and see that it's filled with lies, especially the GT350 you supposedly own. I'll let you in on a little secret...Mustangs suck and I don't care how many people buy it each month.

Most people buy bargain brand toilet paper over Charmin, but I don't need a monthly thread to tell me which is selling better, I'll still buy what I feel is best. However, most people like you will buy the bargain brand because you are so full of shit, it would kill your wallet to buy the better product. Basically what it means is that you frequent a site to knock a car you really want, a car you can't afford, and your full of shit (also buys cheap toilet paper).

Take this back to Mustang6 and discuss it with the rest of your rental fleet friends. While you're here, avoid the threads on the dark tail lamps, I'm sure you and your buddies see them all the time.
nvrsatisfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 05:08 AM   #48
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I think all and all that the car is doing fine. If the get the quality issues taken care of quickly sales will probably remain about flat. If you look at the sales since 09 the car has been pretty flat they entire time.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 05:15 AM   #49
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I think all and all that the car is doing fine. If the get the quality issues taken care of quickly sales will probably remain about flat. If you look at the sales since 09 the car has been pretty flat they entire time.
Fact is that Chevy's quality rating is pretty good.

Perfect - no.
Areas for improvement - yes.
Rated higher than Ford, FCA (and BMW) - hell yes
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 06:31 AM   #50
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Fact is that Chevy's quality rating is pretty good.

Perfect - no.
Areas for improvement - yes.
Rated higher than Ford, FCA (and BMW) - hell yes
I've never put much stock in those survey companies. In fact, they would never influence what I would or wouldn't buy. I've seen too many times where they were just flat out wrong. Besides, I'm not talking about Chevy as a whole. The gen6 Camaro is what the topic is about, and it's no secret that it has quality issues as most first year cars seem to anymore. The best vehicles I've owned out of any brand have always been end run vehicles. It seems like it takes manufacturers eight to ten years of building a certain model until they get it right any more.

Last edited by motorhead; 09-02-2016 at 06:59 AM.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 06:34 AM   #51
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrsatisfied View Post
Most people buy bargain brand toilet paper over Charmin, but I don't need a monthly thread to tell me which is selling better, I'll still buy what I feel is best. However, most people like you will buy the bargain brand because you are so full of shit, it would kill your wallet to buy the better product.

Take this back to Mustang6 and discuss it with the rest of your rental fleet friends. While you're here, avoid the threads on the dark tail lamps, I'm sure you and your buddies see them all the time.
This is amazing commentary. I instantly thought of Ron Burgundy talking about deep burns.

mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 06:55 AM   #52
JeffPA2ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Summit White
Quote:
You are nothing but a troll. Anyone can go back and read your posts and see that it's filled with lies, especially the GT350 you supposedly own. I'll let you in on a little secret...Mustangs suck and I don't care how many people buy it each month.

Most people buy bargain brand toilet paper over Charmin, but I don't need a monthly thread to tell me which is selling better, I'll still buy what I feel is best. However, most people like you will buy the bargain brand because you are so full of shit, it would kill your wallet to buy the better product. Basically what it means is that you frequent a site to knock a car you really want, a car you can't afford, and your full of shit (also buys cheap toilet paper).

Old 09-02-2016, 07:36 AM   #53
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Why do I keep reading that GM is discounting their 2016 cars 10% off MSRP. Isn't that an incentive? I'm kind of tired of some forum members bad mouthing Camaros. Maybe you should take your attitudes to Ford and/or Dodge for awhile.
Added Procharger supercharger.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:54 AM   #54
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Well it only took 4 pages for nasty personal insults to come out...I think it was around 11 last time.

There are friendly rivalries, but the exchanges between Mustang and Camaro owners, as we as the Camaro6.com and Mustang6g.com communities are positively toxic. No wonder the reputations for both sites have fallen into the toilet over the last year.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:59 AM   #55
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Spin the numbers anyway you want they are a dissapointment. With all the magazine hype this new Camaro has received over the last 6-months and it being a brand new 6th Gen, to have it fighting with the Challenger which is now a nearly 9yro platform is ridiculous. Fact is the performance is great with the SS, everything else about the car is un-appealing to the public.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:45 AM   #56
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:

That's a lot of butt hurt from a comment some guy you don't even know made on a forum.

I thought you were gonna stay out of this months sales thread