Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

View Poll Results: Bowling Green again?
Yes for 2016 153 65.38%
Out West or somewhere else 1st 81 34.62%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2015, 06:19 PM   #155
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Pretty shitty attitude to have, to expect a fest to fail just because you don't want it at a certain location.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2015, 07:20 PM   #156
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Need a west fest. Vegas, socal... somewhere closer since it was way too far to go to bowling green for most on this side of the country
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:31 PM   #157
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
Need a west fest. Vegas, socal... somewhere closer since it was way too far to go to bowling green for most on this side of the country
Being from Pa, I would love a road trip to Vegas in the ZL1. I always wanted to do something like that.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:43 PM   #158
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Pretty shitty attitude to have, to expect a fest to fail just because you don't want it at a certain location.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I knew I would get flamed that's ok I just think the numbers would be lower than other fests having it in the corner of the entire country. I purposely worded it as harsh as I did to see if anyone would bite on it.

I live about 3 miles from the track in indy went to both indy events and I will say I preferred the fest in BG this year. I enjoyed the travel to get to the fest (minus the rain).

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:49 PM   #159
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Maybe because of the 5 other ones that a lot east coasters seem to ignore? The Phoenix fest was arguably the best fest for a lot of people. It was my favorite hands down. That was due to a number of other factors than location and attendance but I have heard a lot of people from the east say that it was top 2 at the very least.

This event was created to get together as a forum and meet each other first and foremost. Maybe it's not for that purpose anymore.

Attendance is a must for us to afford to rent these venues but I feel for our guys and gals in the west. These people fly into the fests on the east side without their cars. They are every bit a part of this group as anyone else.
So from what i've heard East Coasters (By that i mean east coast not east of the mississippi) still outnumbered those from SoCal in AZ. I heard the SoCal turnout wasn't that impressive. It was as you said 4 years ago but you gotta look at the financial point of view sure they probably made money and AZ was a great fest no contest but whats the overall turnout to money ratio compared to the other fests? That being said i'm not arguing about having one out west it's a great idea but have it somewhere doable i think Vegas if the financials were good for the Inner Circle would be an awesome place No one would mind going to Vegas out here it's a drive no doubt but the amount of fun and other things you could do in vegas is enormous.

I'm hoping for Bowling Green or Las Vegas equally sure BG will be immesnely cheaper for many reasons but Vegas means so much more to do and a few other things that need to be done for me.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:39 PM   #160
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
I was really pissed at the attitude of many when they didn't show up for INDY II . WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA INDY again I'm not going. The following year IT'S Baytown Texas!!!! 1576 miles one way! Did I cry and say GZZZZZZZZZZZ that's so far to drive ??? NOPE got in my CAR and went to Baytown Texas. What's the BIG deal?? These cars are made to drive! If you have a RACE car you made that choice! Put it on the Trailer and come to FEST! If you can't afford it start saving. I live in MINNESOTA and wherever it is next year I will get in my CAR and go to FEST!!!! JUST STOP WHINING!! RANT OVER
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:59 PM   #161
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
I knew I would get flamed that's ok I just think the numbers would be lower than other fests having it in the corner of the entire country. I purposely worded it as harsh as I did to see if anyone would bite on it.

I live about 3 miles from the track in indy went to both indy events and I will say I preferred the fest in BG this year. I enjoyed the travel to get to the fest (minus the rain).

Ryan
Number of camaros isn't really important. It's camaros vs cost of the venue that matters. saying that, I have no doubt there would be 800 camaros, easy. There was 600 in 2011.

And about your previous post, so you are just trolling. That's nice.

I personally don't care where fest is. I always try my hardest to make it. I've been to AZ and Indy fests. People who think the fest should be in the middle of the country is fair, should live on either coast. Pretty close minded to think fest should stay in the middle of the country. It makes absolutely no sense and is very selfish.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:04 PM   #162
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
I was really pissed at the attitude of many when they didn't show up for INDY II . WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA INDY again I'm not going. The following year IT'S Baytown Texas!!!! 1576 miles one way! Did I cry and say GZZZZZZZZZZZ that's so far to drive ??? NOPE got in my CAR and went to Baytown Texas. What's the BIG deal?? These cars are made to drive! If you have a RACE car you made that choice! Put it on the Trailer and come to FEST! If you can't afford it start saving. I live in MINNESOTA and wherever it is next year I will get in my CAR and go to FEST!!!! JUST STOP WHINING!! RANT OVER
No one is whining, from what I can see. Discussing where we think fest should be is probably good info for the mods.

And it's not always about money. Some people cant spend 2-3 days driving to a 2-3 day event and then drive 2-3 days back.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:29 PM   #163
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post

Ryan
Quote:
Number of camaros isn't really important. It's camaros vs cost of the venue that matters. saying that, I have no doubt there would be 800 camaros, easy. There was 600 in 2011.

And about your previous post, so you are just trolling. That's nice.

I personally don't care where fest is. I always try my hardest to make it. I've been to AZ and Indy fests. People who think the fest should be in the middle of the country is fair, should live on either coast. Pretty close minded to think fest should stay in the middle of the country. It makes absolutely no sense and is very selfish.
Both of you guys are valued members and your opinions are valued as well. I feel the same way that BG was better than Indy but it was also a lot more expensive. We need spectators and driver fees paid to make this thing work whether they are Camaros or Mustangs it just doesn't matter. 20 bucks is 20 bucks and if we did pre-paid it would ensure financial success. Just think of what happens if we get a total rain out at BG and can't even open the gates.

The vendors have spoken in 2015. They are not going to pay much to attend due to all their other costs of getting there so we are now forced to drop that price which means we need more spectators to make up for it like we had this year.

C5 members have have also spoken and want more vendors to enhance the fest experience so as mentioned we cut our fees and bring in more. I will say the vendors that showed this year probably had their best fest profits ever and all of you guys should note who was there and give them the nod when you need something.

As far as a fest in AZ again it can't be in the summer so you can figure out what has to happen there. We pushed Texas off a year due to avoiding the summer and we've already pushed the West back a year. I will also say the majority of folks still want this to happen in the summer. Aug is a little late with school starting and we are aware of that too. So some tough decisions need to be made.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:30 PM   #164
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post

No one is whining, from what I can see. Discussing where we think fest should be is probably good info for the mods.

And it's not always about money. Some people cant spend 2-3 days driving to a 2-3 day event and then drive 2-3 days back.

PoorMansCamaro

Like I said END RANT !!!!!!! JUST IT"S the same stuff at the end of the FEST every year They are all posted Go back and read the post's after each fest JUST my 2 cents.
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:53 AM   #165
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Both of you guys are valued members and your opinions are valued as well. I feel the same way that BG was better than Indy but it was also a lot more expensive. We need spectators and driver fees paid to make this thing work whether they are Camaros or Mustangs it just doesn't matter. 20 bucks is 20 bucks and if we did pre-paid it would ensure financial success. Just think of what happens if we get a total rain out at BG and can't even open the gates.

The vendors have spoken in 2015. They are not going to pay much to attend due to all their other costs of getting there so we are now forced to drop that price which means we need more spectators to make up for it like we had this year.

C5 members have have also spoken and want more vendors to enhance the fest experience so as mentioned we cut our fees and bring in more. I will say the vendors that showed this year probably had their best fest profits ever and all of you guys should note who was there and give them the nod when you need something.

As far as a fest in AZ again it can't be in the summer so you can figure out what has to happen there. We pushed Texas off a year due to avoiding the summer and we've already pushed the West back a year. I will also say the majority of folks still want this to happen in the summer. Aug is a little late with school starting and we are aware of that too. So some tough decisions need to be made.
I don't see anyone here having an issue pre-paying to help you guys alleviate initial rental hits you've earned that respect from us and more. I think if you do the pre-pay option though getting the locale announced a little sooner will help generate more interest and support. not to mention give the vendors more time to plan for this alot of them need to close up shop and though a few months for some of us is nothing for them it's alot of extra time to prepare and plan.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:31 AM   #166
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
You can't satisfy everyone whether having it on the east coast or west coast someone will always complain and won't go. Wherever they have it be grateful they are doing this, it's up to them on where they have it. If they have out west next year I bet the fest will still have a good turnout. To me I would love to have it somewhere close and with what's going on with my situation I don't think I would make it to the west side if they have it out there next year but I'm not crying over it I would wait till they bring it closer.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:02 AM   #167
$inferno
Trust No One

Drives: 94 Camaro Z28 & 2010 Camaro 1LT IOM
A sober Camaro fest......

2010 Camaro 1LT V6/A6
94 Camaro Z28 A4
$inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:01 AM   #168
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote