Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-19-2019, 09:45 PM   #421
Marco Falcone

Drives: 2018 2SS Convertible MBM/Kal
The Soler TB makes a real difference in drive-ability and the ability to modulate the throttle.
That is what people have wanted and it does it.

Everyone here posting about it paid their own money and installed them themselves. Everyone who has, including those who had other ported TB’s, have had nothing but positive reviews.

Like on all vehicle forums, if there was a even small percentage who had bad or even mediocre experiences with this part and/or the process/customer service to obtain said part, we would know.

Oh... we would KNOW.

Soler ships fast. Install takes 10-15 minutes. If you don’t like it, spend another 10-15 minutes swapping it back and Soler will give you all your money back.

I paid full price, and kept my original TB just in case. I DD my car, (13K miles the first year of ownership) and have about 200 miles on the car since the swap.

Keeping it. Forever!
2018 2SS Vert. MBM/Kalahari. MRR FS01’s with 285/305 MPS4S. Black Bow ties, A8, MRC, NPP, 6-piston Brembo’s w/ matching rears, OEM Ground Effects/Splash Guards, 8”/Nav. Borla S-type, Pray IM/TB, RotoFab.

Past DD’s of note:
2013 Caprice PPV. (“Company” car.)
1998 Cadillac STS
1996 Impala SS
1969 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1993 Corvette
1991 Mustang 5.0 LX
1973 Alfa Romeo Spider
1986 Mustang GT T-top
1964 Falcon Sprint Hardtop. (First car, still have the key!)
Marco Falcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 01:13 AM   #422
SS2017_MJB

Drives: 2017 SS Coupe 2SS 8AT (427CI, D1X)
Procharger P1X SS:Replaced Mamo TB with SolerPerformance TB

Accidentally stumbled onto the SolerPerformance TB thread about a week ago -and was so impressed with the buzz I made a choice to replace a perfectly fine ported Mamo TB. After a day of contemplation I submitted my order. I opted to trade-in my OEM TB for a new SP TB, retain my Mamo TB (as backup). The workmanship of the SP unit is awesome as others have mentioned. Order processing was lightning fast. Shipping time was fairly quick. Credit was quickly given for my OEM TB which I sent out USPS priority mail the day I submitted the order to SP.

I am still in +-44 MPH break-in period but I notice a definite difference.

* They offered me the option to either try a LT4 based version of their TB upon receipt of my online order, or use their default SS LT1 TB if I wanted a more conservative "definitely works" bump. I opted for the big boy LT4 TB variant.

* Read instructions and disconnected battery. Determined that without juice, trunk would not open if I shut it -so placed folded blanket over trunk edge to prevent latch close. Not mentioned in instructions - so glad I figured out the obvious. (I would recommend that this point be made explicit in instructions).

* Install was a mite more challenging with relocating humongous Procharger intake house out of way to provide room to remove old TB and insert SP TB.

* Next day installed SP TB. Reconnected the battery. No problems. Followed the startup guidance -- initially there was a "no response" when depressed [Start] button although instrument panel lit up. Retried and car started after a few cycles. Idle RPM started at 1,100 as expected and declined to 650+- RPM as described. Experienced one minor backfire before everything settled.

* Proceeded with the multiple idle/slow rev up 3,000 RPM/let off gas sequences without incident.

* Now in middle of 100 mile +-44 MPH break-in period. Keeping car in <Tour> mode versus <Sport> as advised. Very responsive so far. Difficult to find enough clear road to perform some progressive slow accelerations up to 4,000 RPM -- traffic being an impediment.

* I was totally satisfied with the Mamo TB -- it shamed the OEM TB, but this SP TB is tighter and fuller in its response in the low-to-midrange area as promised. I can only imagine what it will do once ECM learning is completed and I can revert back to [Sport] mode and engage Performance Shift with hard acceleration. I don't know yet if drivability will exactly match the Mamo TB setup until break-in completed (I hope so, but if not the SolerPerformance tech informed me that they will send me a more conservative version free of charge.) I may opt to bring the car back to my speed shop to have the HP tune modified to advantage the engine to exploit the LT4 based TB.

* Appreciate all the comments other forum members have shared that allowed me to confidently take the plunge to switch to the SP TB as well as the personalized attention by SP (kudos to Mike C).
SS2017_MJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:42 AM   #423
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
What is the difference between the lt1 and lt4 throttle body? I thought they were the same. I'm eagerly waiting for them to do the lt5 throttle body.
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:04 AM   #424
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535409

This will give you some insight.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:21 AM   #425
Booher

Oh believe me, I know all about the "lt5" throttle body, I have one. He said lt4. So was that a typo? I'd love to know as I asked about Soler doing mine a few pages back, and they said they didnt have one and wont have time to work on them for a little bit. I would love to volunteer mine, so they can get working on them, but they didnt have time. I've been following this post religiously, waiting patiently, kind of , lpl
Old 07-20-2019, 11:36 AM   #426
Z650HP

Drives: 2019 Black ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
I own a 2016 M6 Challenger Hellcat, maybe I can help you make up your mind.

The Soler does not feel like the Hellcat as far as responsiveness. Although the throttle bodies obviously contribute, to an extent, to the feel and responsiveness of the throttle when you “blip it”. There are other factors that come into play when you’re comparing a blip between two different engines. That is what racerman was referring to.

If you want a video comparing blips it should be done comparing the same engines.

So, with that being said. My ZL1 1LE with the Soler TB does not feel like the Hellcat and it does not respond like the Hellcat. I don’t expect them to, they are two different engines with two completely different calibration. The Hellcat blips the throttle even before you put your foot on the gas, that’s how sensitive mine is.

Hope that helps you make up your mind.
That's the only thing the hellcat does better.

Here is mine. Think we may have twins. B5, Brass Monkey, six speed.
Attached Images

Z650HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:53 PM   #427
RoninSS

Drives: 2019 SS1LE Garnet Red../Silver CL30
The combination of the technical presentation, Customer feedback and the awesome customer support from Mike at Soler. You have Earned my business.
RoninSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 02:19 PM   #428
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
What is the difference between the lt1 and lt4 throttle body? I thought they were the same. I'm eagerly waiting for them to do the lt5 throttle body.
Thanks, Booher. The difference is in the calibration, GM uses the same P/N on both engines, but they are calibrated differently as one can expect, for the LT1 is NA and the LT4 is SC.

Consequently, our TB's are different for the LT1 and the LT4, with the LT4's being more aggressive as they are calibrated to accept more air at certain throttle positions.

Making progress on the LT5, as we speak. We have been going through a few data logs, courtesy of some members, and we have now a pretty good idea of what we should do to them.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:49 PM   #429
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z650HP View Post
That's the only thing the hellcat does better.

Here is mine. Think we may have twins. B5, Brass Monkey, six speed.
Yeah!!!! We are pretty close brotha!! I got the sepia interior, looks like you got the black interior. I also painted my front spoiler to match the B5.

Here’s a picture of my spoiler and a video from the day I got it delivered (you can see the sepia interior).

EDIT. video is not working for some reason. Trust me, I have the sepia interior. Lol.
Attached Images

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 07:02 PM   #430
Marco Falcone

Drives: 2018 2SS Convertible MBM/Kal
Mike at Soler:

I know you are busy, but a ported OEM Intake Manifold to match your TB would be amazing!
2018 2SS Vert. MBM/Kalahari. MRR FS01’s with 285/305 MPS4S. Black Bow ties, A8, MRC, NPP, 6-piston Brembo’s w/ matching rears, OEM Ground Effects/Splash Guards, 8”/Nav. Borla S-type, Pray IM/TB, RotoFab.

Past DD’s of note:
2013 Caprice PPV. (“Company” car.)
1998 Cadillac STS
1996 Impala SS
1969 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1993 Corvette
1991 Mustang 5.0 LX
1973 Alfa Romeo Spider
1986 Mustang GT T-top
1964 Falcon Sprint Hardtop. (First car, still have the key!)
Marco Falcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 07:50 PM   #431
Booher

That is very interesting, and good to know, thankyou for clarifying. You guys seem top notch, and are doing great things for our community! You have me sold when you release it.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:38 PM   #432
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
Oh believe me, I know all about the "lt5" throttle body, I have one. He said lt4. So was that a typo? I'd love to know as I asked about Soler doing mine a few pages back, and they said they didnt have one and wont have time to work on them for a little bit. I would love to volunteer mine, so they can get working on them, but they didnt have time. I've been following this post religiously, waiting patiently, kind of , lpl
Crap! Totally read that as LT5.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:17 AM   #433
Z650HP

Drives: 2019 Black ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Yeah!!!! We are pretty close brotha!! I got the sepia interior, looks like you got the black interior. I also painted my front spoiler to match the B5.

Here’s a picture of my spoiler and a video from the day I got it delivered (you can see the sepia interior).

EDIT. video is not working for some reason. Trust me, I have the sepia interior. Lol.
The sepia interior is nice. Always liked that. My interior indeed is black.
On the fence with the front spoiler. Would have to see some other angles. Nevertheless sweet ride my dude.
Z650HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:17 AM   #434
V8Addict

Drives: 2016 2SS
After reading page after page of positive comments and reviews, Im about to order one (with core exchange) but I have one question that no one has asked (I think).....since I live in Calif, my 2016 will eventually have to pass a smog test. Will the installation of the Soler TB fail the test, either the visual or sniffer portion? If it will fail the test, I should keep my stock TB to reinstall before I get tested.