Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-23-2022, 04:55 PM   #1
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
"surging" supercharger (zl1) while on the track?

I'm pretty sure I know what the issue is, but I figured I'd ask and see if I'm right. Edit:. I am probably wrong. I was thinking maybe because the traction was set to off it was causing the issue.

On the track (road course) today. 1st session car was great, in track mode / sport 1, tires started off around 28 psi and by the end of the 1st session they were at 35-36 psi. Car felt FAST and I had a blast.

2nd sessions, first few laps were fine. Then on the back half (more aggressive turns) id get on it and you could hear the super charger sound like it was surging (the needle would bounce between 4-5 psi to whatever stock max is (10ish??) And the traction control light would come on and flash like crazy. the engine itself felt fine and I first thought maybe belt slip??? So id get off of it. When I hit the front half, its a quick turn and long straightaway, id floor it and no "surge" would happen and no traction control light would come on. Make it to the back half, and the surging started up again as well as the traction control light would come back on / flashing.

I did that 3 times and each time, same results. Straight away, no issues, back half, supercharger surging. I was out for a total of about 8 laps and decided to just come in just incase. Checked all the Temps and they were all fine. Oil was fine and coolant was fine.

Any ideas?

Last edited by AZIROC; 04-23-2022 at 05:20 PM.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 05:05 PM   #2
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Well, of course after posting this, I did a search and sure enough, first post was this;

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563234

The funny part, its the same track. Except they had the issue on the straight where mine is on the turns. I dont like throwing money at an issue and "hope" it fixes itself, but since I've been meaning to get the ADM reservoir, I may just so it. And here I thought I got all the air out of the system.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote