Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 11:52 PM   #113
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
I think a simpler idea would be to give people cards to put on their cars with what mods they have. Then if you put the card on your car, you are saying that anyone who walks by during the show and wants to hear the setup is welcome to ask you to start the car.
You'd think but it never seems to work out that way. People don't fill out the cards or they are not by their cars much.

It's certainly a possibility. Whatever would work best.

To me it's all about what makes the shopping for exhaust better for the members who are wanting to hear them first hand. If that's the best way we can explore it but we need to get people to participate I guess.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:03 AM   #114
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I will be in for this. I will be bringing over 100 friends with me as well. I think there will be a lot of people there Thursday night.

Either way, let me know and they can hear my subtle at idle, but mean at WOT pipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Cool, thanks. I'll update you guys here.

Thursday might have a lot less people.

Maybe not but we'll see. You may be right. Then it won't effect the other planned events and activities.

After the cruise I can have the volunteers come to a parking area if there is enough room to block off.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
Old 07-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #115
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
I understand what you are saying. I just think every time you start lining up and moving around hundreds of cars you are talking about something that will take a lot time and space. Plus everyone revving their cars at once, or even a few at the same time will throw the results off.

Maybe instead pick 10-20 popular exhaust set ups a day..find members who don't mind, and park the cars together
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
You'd think but it never seems to work out that way. People don't fill out the cards or they are not by their cars much.

It's certainly a possibility. Whatever would work best.

To me it's all about what makes the shopping for exhaust better for the members who are wanting to hear them first hand. If that's the best way we can explore it but we need to get people to participate I guess.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #116
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
I will be in for this. I will be bringing over 100 friends with me as well. I think there will be a lot of people there Thursday night.

Either way, let me know and they can hear my subtle at idle, but mean at WOT pipes.
LOL, cool.

Quote:
I understand what you are saying. I just think every time you start lining up and moving around hundreds of cars you are talking about something that will take a lot time and space. Plus everyone revving their cars at once, or even a few at the same time will throw the results off.

Maybe instead pick 10-20 popular exhaust set ups a day..find members who don't mind, and park the cars together
Agreed. I thought about asking for slots to fill for each type of exhaust. Not everyone checks here though. Might be best to just let members find the cars at the car show or jsut mingling.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #117
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS S/C NicKey #55
I'm still available if timing works out. I'm arriving Thursday afternoon and was planning to participate in the cruise that evening. Drag class Friday morning and a little track action afterwards hopefully.

Still think it would be a good idea to work this in on the drag strip to hear the cars moving. I know my Borla Atak sounds best when you hammer it on take off and listen to it going down the road. Very different than at idle or rev'd up sitting still. I realize this may not be possible with everything else going on. Just thought I would throw it out there. I'll participate either way if needed.

Borla Atak Catback with Borla Shorty headers, Stock Cats, and CAI Intake.

2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro custom painted by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250743
Old 07-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #118
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfreddie View Post
I'm still available if timing works out. I'm arriving Thursday afternoon and was planning to participate in the cruise that evening. Drag class Friday morning and a little track action afterwards hopefully.

Still think it would be a good idea to work this in on the drag strip to hear the cars moving. I know my Borla Atak sounds best when you hammer it on take off and listen to it going down the road. Very different than at idle or rev'd up sitting still. I realize this may not be possible with everything else going on. Just thought I would throw it out there. I'll participate either way if needed.

Or us Borla guys could just pimp out Borla systems out and corner the market for Borla.

Participation seems lacking for it's own area. I think it's gonna be up to members to ask random people to hear their exhaust.

Would be nice to have everyone list their exhaust (and mods in general of course) so people would know. Some people might be hesitant to ask someone to start it up.

We'll see I guess.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #119
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:

Actually we need a good shop in the region to take this on.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #120
1FAST SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Maybe during the drags the announcer could call out what exhaust system the cars are running. I would be inclined to let people hear my Borla type S with JBA hi flow cats and Doug Thorley headers also. Let me know if I can help out.

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Vengeance Racing Kaotic Cam, DOD/VVT delete and LS3 conversion, American Racing LT Headers, American Racing Headers Off Road pipes, Borla S-Type Catback, FTI Billet Triple Disk 3600 rpm Torque Converter, DSS Aluminium Drive Shaft, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
Old 07-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #121
John Deere Racer

Drives: 2013 zl1 m6
Full Lg set up with cats

Stand behind the water box ull get a good sample

592rwhp 616rwtq bolt ons only
www.mikenorrismotorsports.com
Www.lgmotorsports.com
Old 07-15-2012, 10:44 PM   #122
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfreddie View Post
This is off topic, but DANG your car looks HOT! Can't wait to see it in person.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #123
PQ
Booooosted.

I"m going to set this up for Thursday night. I"ll start a thread about it. I'll be asking for the vulunteers of different exhaust systems. Then a subsequent thread to make sure people know they can hear the systems so they can shop.

Thanks for the volunteer offers. Look for the thread to come.

Short on time.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #124
PQ
Booooosted.

Gonna close this thread now.

All who have volunteered their cars I really really thanks you. Go to this thread and post up your mods.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237701
Old 07-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #125
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
didn't know PQ could close threads...
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.

Closed Thread