Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

AWE Tuning

Old 01-20-2020, 09:32 AM   #15
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomerboat View Post
Going with MPS4S 285/30/20's up front and R888R 315/30/20 in the back. I see you did the 325, but I'll play it safe for this set. Guys making more power than me are using the 315, so we'll see how it goes.
That’s awesome! You won’t regret them. Yes, lots of ppl making serious power are using them and 315 is plenty of meat. For the street you will have plenty of traction. For the strip, you may want to consider drag radials if you make close to 700whp.
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:03 AM   #16
gomerboat

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoz28 View Post
That’s awesome! You won’t regret them. Yes, lots of ppl making serious power are using them and 315 is plenty of meat. For the street you will have plenty of traction. For the strip, you may want to consider drag radials if you make close to 700whp.

I'm only headers/rotofab/e85 at this point, so I should be good until the next round of mods. Can't wait to actually put the power down that I have!
gomerboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 10:14 PM   #17
Whipplecamaro

Drives: Camaro 2ss
So you didnt have to do anything with the wiring harness or the fuel line? Just the offset was enough? What was the minimum offset you had to go with? Looks deadly
Whipplecamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 12:07 PM   #18
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipplecamaro View Post
So you didnt have to do anything with the wiring harness or the fuel line? Just the offset was enough? What was the minimum offset you had to go with? Looks deadly
I did move the wire harness and massaged the fender liner a bit with a heating gun and a roller. Honestly it was way easier than you think. The harness is zip tied in 2 places. Cut those ties and then move the harness over a bit more inside. Then re-zip tie. Then liner is held by about bunch of small bolts. Take those off and pulls the liner out. Get a heating gun from harbor freight for about $15. Warm the liner at the spot that has a bulg toward the front tire. Then use something to manage it in like a hand roller. Whole thing from start to finish (taking tire off to putting it back on) took about 1hr.

The custom off set was bc I went with an 11.5” wheel. I wanted things to not just fit but look right too. If I were to do it again I would have done 42mm-43mm offset instead of 41mm just to be inside a bit more. But I have no regrets and love it.

I can send some pics via txt to whoever PMs me their number.
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 07:51 PM   #19
Camaroking98

Drives: 2019 ZL1
I ordered the 325 30 r20 in the rear and they're supposed to be installed tomorrow. Will the tires shop know to move the wiring harness and stuff?
Camaroking98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 08:57 PM   #20
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroking98 View Post
I ordered the 325 30 r20 in the rear and they're supposed to be installed tomorrow. Will the tires shop know to move the wiring harness and stuff?
Hard to say if the tire shop will know anything about the harness. Unless they’ve done this relocation before, I doubt they will know. This is the link I used to relocate mine.

The liner should also get a “Christmas tree” push clip to keep the liner from getting rubbed.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485975

For visual reference.

https://www.amazon.com/NWClips-Unive.../dp/B00DKM8BM4

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote