#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 04-04-2017, 09:17 PM   #85
SaphfireSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
No compaints from me on stock pads and Motul 600 fluid. But, I haven't really been on any "high speed" tracks. I've only done braking from about 130 and 115-ish. No issues after I swapped the fluid.
Tracked my 1LE with stock pads and stock fluid one day at Nola and two days at Barber. No issues what so ever. I now have 9300 miles and I drive it REALLY hard on the street. By the looks of the pads I might be able to get another track day out of them but I'm changing fluid and probably front pads before my USCA event in Nola April 22-23. Think I'm going with Hawk DTC-60's.
SaphfireSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:28 PM   #86
SaphfireSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_1LE View Post
This is what my stock pads looked like after 3 20 minute sessions where speeds only got up to about 105. Grease that the factory put on the ends of the pads melted and got down onto the brake pad surface, clogging them up. YMMV.

Did you bed your brakes per the GM recommendation before you tracked it? If you did it as stated by GM that grease should have been long gone. Just sayin.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:46 PM   #87
AZ_1LE

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaphfireSS View Post
Did you bed your brakes per the GM recommendation before you tracked it? If you did it as stated by GM that grease should have been long gone. Just sayin.
This was not my first new car, or new pads, and not my first track day. Someone slopped way too much anti-seize on them and it would have gotten onto the pads during bed-in, or on track, I just got them hot enough near the end of a 20 minute session where the grease dribbled off.

Just sayin.
AZ_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 04:53 PM   #88
SaphfireSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_1LE View Post
This was not my first new car, or new pads, and not my first track day. Someone slopped way too much anti-seize on them and it would have gotten onto the pads during bed-in, or on track, I just got them hot enough near the end of a 20 minute session where the grease dribbled off.

Just sayin.
Not trying to be an ass but I'll tell ya that when I bedded in my brakes for the first time per the hp manual they were smoking hot. Way past what a 20 minute track session will do on any track in the US. Just thought that if that's what happened it would have been gone by then. Sorry you had to deal with that. Just about to change my oem pads before my next session at Nola. They lasted me 3 track days and 9400 street miles and they were great. Can't wait to feel the DTC-60's I just ordered. Stay safe and enjoy your 1LE.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:26 PM   #89
AZ_1LE

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaphfireSS View Post
Not trying to be an ass but I'll tell ya that when I bedded in my brakes for the first time per the hp manual they were smoking hot. Way past what a 20 minute track session will do on any track in the US. Just thought that if that's what happened it would have been gone by then. Sorry you had to deal with that. Just about to change my oem pads before my next session at Nola. They lasted me 3 track days and 9400 street miles and they were great. Can't wait to feel the DTC-60's I just ordered. Stay safe and enjoy your 1LE.
The grease was going to come off and get on the pads either during break in or on track, whenever it got hottest. You don't need to get the pads red hot to bed them in. But either way, the pads were going to get gunked up, and Chevy is going to replace them under warranty in a few days.
AZ_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:05 PM   #90
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Here's a review about Power Stop Track pads and Carbotechs. Apparently, he had a similar experience with Carbotechs :

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490018
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:10 PM   #91
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Does 1LE come with stainless steel brake lines?
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:39 PM   #92
Tomiboy

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
no
Tomiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 03:34 PM   #93
IrishCoffee

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
I got the Power Stop Track Day pads. Amazon Prime FTW. Nice packaging. Based on the date code these have been on the shelf for a while. I'm not used to calipers for heavy cars, but these front pads are enormous. For perspective the rear pads are about the same size as my 6-piston Wilwood Dynapro6's on the Miata.

First I need to get my car back, but hopefully it's in time for my Easter weekend track days. I'll report back how they are.
Dang, those are cheap on amazon!

Definitely report back on the performance after the weekend. I've used Carbotechs in the past and just had too many problems with them. This could be a cheap alternative.
IrishCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 03:38 PM   #94
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCoffee View Post
Dang, those are cheap on amazon!

Definitely report back on the performance after the weekend. I've used Carbotechs in the past and just had too many problems with them. This could be a cheap alternative.
Yup will do. I got the car back, had time to flush the brake fluid and put the PowerStop pads in and bed them in last night. With a bit of heat they have a higher mu than the stock Ferodo's. I'll give some detailed feedback after the weekend.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:25 PM   #95
glamcem

those Power Stop pads might be good and cheap option for street use but I would not trust them for track days. I've read a few reviews and it seems like they start fading very quickly and the pad life (when tracked) is not that good.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:03 PM   #96
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Well if I don't reply on Monday then I probably died in a hellacious fireball of death and destruction.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:04 PM   #97
Tomiboy

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ds-review.html

Thor142 has been having great results using them also
Tomiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 05:39 PM   #98
glamcem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
Well if I don't reply on Monday then I probably died in a hellacious fireball of death and destruction.
let's hope that never happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomiboy View Post
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ds-review.html

Thor142 has been having great results using them also
with all due respect, in my experience all those pads that are known as "modulate well" sucked after a few hot laps especially when you combined with softer rubbers. It's just another way of saying "lack of good initial bite" everyone's experience will be different of course depends on the setup