Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

AWE Tuning

Old 09-03-2015, 03:03 PM   #15
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
^ Agreed.

Especially since we will (hopefully) get some of the first to be delivered, I could see an eager salesman saying to a potential customer, "Well we just a fully loaded SS for a customer in the back, but sure you can come take a look. Go ahead, have a sit in it. Start it up? Sure, hey Jim, got the keys for this Camaro?"

I don't want a million asses in my car.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 03:28 PM   #16
DemonZL1

Drives: like a granny
the wheels arrive on pallets and with the trucks, sometimes the wheels show up before the trucks... Sounds like you may also need to communicate your issues with the dealership. Your car also isn't the only one they are getting.

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
DemonZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 03:39 AM   #17
fradaj

Drives: RS
If LPO wheels are an accessory then you should be able to order just the wheels. If they are the same size they should be able to remount the tires you have on the LPO wheels.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:03 AM   #18
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
I really hope they come with the basic steelies that the customer can keep, they would be my winter wheels/tires.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 12:07 AM   #19
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
I hope that someone gets their car delivered soon with 56F wheels. I'd like to know for sure what wheels are shipped on the car. My dealer says cheap steelies that have to be sent back to the factory, but I've seen them do shady things before, (like sell the ZL-1 wheels off of a 1LE, and then not discount the buyer of the 1LE...)

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:27 AM   #20
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
With all of the parking lot pics, not one has been pictured with steelies so far, so things are looking right for your situation
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:03 PM   #21
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by bybcous View Post
With all of the parking lot pics, not one has been pictured with steelies so far, so things are looking right for your situation
That's very true. I hadn't realized that yet...

Old 11-12-2015, 09:55 PM   #22
mjgocamaro_girl

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS mosaic black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
I hope that someone gets their car delivered soon with 56F wheels. I'd like to know for sure what wheels are shipped on the car. My dealer says cheap steelies that have to be sent back to the factory, but I've seen them do shady things before, (like sell the ZL-1 wheels off of a 1LE, and then not discount the buyer of the 1LE...)
Both Becky & Jim (I talked to him at the Orlando tour) verified that factory wheels should be given to buyer after the LPO wheels are put in. Your order should show both the SS factory wheels and 56F. Jim Kalahar said to tell my dealer I expect them after they are removed. Jim is the Camaro program manager.
mjgocamaro_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 04:23 PM   #23
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
Camaros are shipped with the standard wheel and the LPO wheels are shipped separately to the dealership. So, an SS would be shipped with the standard 5 spoke SS wheel.

Suburbans and trucks usually get shipped with stealies(that must be sent back to GM or the dealership/customer gets charged) but I've never seen a Camaro shipped with them.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 12:23 AM   #24
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Camaros are shipped with the standard wheel and the LPO wheels are shipped separately to the dealership. So, an SS would be shipped with the standard 5 spoke SS wheel.

Suburbans and trucks usually get shipped with stealies(that must be sent back to GM or the dealership/customer gets charged) but I've never seen a Camaro shipped with them.
Thanks!

Old 11-14-2015, 09:41 AM   #25
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
A smart person if getting an SS also getting LPO wheels would pay the $200 extra for the upgraded wheels, and sell them, at a nice markup, but at a price just lower than the LPO wheels, to some wanting member here on the forum. To cover the cost of the LPO wheels.... Just sayin'.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 09:47 AM   #26
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
A smart person if getting an SS also getting LPO wheels would pay the $200 extra for the upgraded wheels, and sell them, at a nice markup, but at a price just lower than the LPO wheels, to some wanting member here on the forum. To cover the cost of the LPO wheels.... Just sayin'.

--kC
My LPO wheels are $1995.00 though...(56F.)

Old 11-16-2015, 01:10 PM   #27
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post

--kC
The LPO wheels are not $200. All of the wheels that are $200 are a factory installed optional wheel that replaces the standard wheel.

LPO wheels range in price from $1,995 for any Camaro that would have a 20" wheel standard, to $3,195 for any Camaro that would have an 18" wheel standard.

So, for RS, non-RS ordered with a 20" wheel and SS cars, the LPO wheels are $1,995. For LT cars with 18" wheels, the LPO wheels are $3,195.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:58 PM   #28
SSNYSTR

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2SS
The 56F wheels(black split spoke) are $2,000 and you get to keep the other rims as well. The 56V option is only $200 and you only get the black split spoke. You don't get to keep the other ones. That is from Tr6.
SSNYSTR is offline   Reply With Quote