Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-06-2018, 09:01 AM   #1
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Exclamation Roto-fab exploring R&D options

Hey Guys! It’s been a while since we have been in the LGX CAI discussion, but we are seriously considering development of a V6 Camaro Intake!

Could you please help us out by commenting if interested in a Roto-fab V6 CAI?

Thanks in advance!
Michael

Our V6 system would likely be very similar to our V8 air box design below

2016 Camaro SS, Roto-fab CAI, Dry filter, red logo, sound tube delete option.
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:46 AM   #2
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Just my view on it. There's still a market for it. The biggest problem with most, if you check with any of the other V6 intake posts that are in this forum, is the price. If there was a way for you to maybe keep with the prices that you had on the 5th gen or similar, which were right around 320 to 340$ I think it was. You might get a rush on the market for it. With intakes now 380 and going all the way up to 430 that's where many people's gripes starts come about.

Also I think it would be wise to mention whether there are some grounds or parameters for check engine lights because everybody starts to worry ohmygod will I get a CEL. Most cars tested and r&d use only have the comparison of removing the stock intake and adding the new intake.

It doesnt factor in additional bolt on mods like exhaust or ported tb's. Just something you should let people know because they mod, then catch a cel, and now all products they used are bad.

Usually with an intake tube that has the MAF aIR straightener inside the two there's less of a chance for it. But if there's an open tube with no straightener some intakes have been known to throw a CEL because the map sensor in its stock form has issues reading additional air flow past a certain point. Which is basically what the GM intake reflash does for their intake.

I'm sure others will chime in soon but that's most of what I've been reading over the past year or so. Just my thoughts on what ive read on here.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:55 AM   #3
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Obviously I don't have a 6th but you guys were a great intake option for the 5th gen. It would be silly to pass up this opportunity.

Tangential, since you guys also offered it for the 5th. Is there a need for an air scoop on these cars? Or room, even?

I'm with P.P., if you guys can get the intake in the 350 or below realm like with the 5th gen, I can't imagine it wouldn't be competitive.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 06:00 PM   #4
scottc
Central PA Camaro5 Club

Drives: Hot Wheels
Will buy...had one on my 1LE and would buy again if you make one for the V6
Old 06-06-2018, 07:16 PM   #5
Tuner2muscle

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
I would be interested in v6 CAI
Tuner2muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:46 AM   #6
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
Hey Guys! It’s been a while since we have been in the LGX CAI discussion, but we are seriously considering development of a V6 Camaro Intake!

Could you please help us out by commenting if interested in a Roto-fab V6 CAI?

Thanks in advance!
Michael

Our V6 system would likely be very similar to our V8 air box design below

2016 Camaro SS, Roto-fab CAI, Dry filter, red logo, sound tube delete option.

Nope. Loved my 5th gen CAI but you’re late to the party here and you’ve been saying this forever and then taking it back. Haven’t even purchased one yet but when I do, it’ll be the GM.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:56 AM   #7
Red Devil's Rebel

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS V6/A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
Nope. Loved my 5th gen CAI but you’re late to the party here and you’ve been saying this forever and then taking it back. Haven’t even purchased one yet but when I do, it’ll be the GM.

This.

Unfortunately, I kept hearing how great your product is and so wanted one for myself but then realized it's available for all 5th gens but just the "upperclasses" of 6th. Even so I was was seriously interested and was eager to give you my money because I heard there was a possible V6 option in the works. Held out hope for a while, got excited & then let down a few times, then gave up & ordered a different system.

Sounds like you still have some takers though. Good luck.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:47 AM   #8
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Thanks for your input everyone! We plan to secure a car for testing soon.
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:53 PM   #9
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
Already got one, sat around and waited and waited and waited on your company to make one for the v6 people, but at this point 3 years in, it's to late for me personally unless your design is groundbreaking over what I already have from AFE, which I doubt it will be, so in my opinion, you are just to late, others showed faith in the v6 platform much earlier, thus they get my money.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 01:08 PM   #10
Bodyslide

Drives: Traded in 2016 BLUE VELVET 2LT RS
I would have loved to get one, but just bought the GM one. Thanks
Bodyslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 03:21 PM   #11
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
well hopefully there are some new 17 and 18 owners.... and then there will always be Re-sold 16's, that people who wanted a 6th gen, but didn't want to pay the near 10 grand markup on some models that will be in for a new Roto-Fab if you do in fact finally produce one.

I along with most, had the 5th gen setup on my v6 and was holding out hope. Called numerous times and posted back anything I found. Eventually settled on the GM setup which was most similar to the newer style rotofabs.

theres a market out there, and still those who haven't gotten an intake, but the people that were here since day one, or two for that matter, eventually went elsewhere. It does suck to support a company that eventually puts you on the backburner, which is where many went sour from. https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470969 People have been asking about RotoFab since October of 2016. we're just 4 months away from October of 2018....2 years.

As said, hopefully you finally get around to producing something. theres a market there for sure. especially when 5th gen guys start coming up to 6th gens... they already know the company. not to mention it shouldn't be far off to fit maybe an ATS with the 3.6L with a small amount of tweaks.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:48 PM   #12
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil's Rebel View Post
This.

Unfortunately, I kept hearing how great your product is and so wanted one for myself but then realized it's available for all 5th gens but just the "upperclasses" of 6th. Even so I was was seriously interested and was eager to give you my money because I heard there was a possible V6 option in the works. Held out hope for a while, got excited & then let down a few times, then gave up & ordered a different system.

Sounds like you still have some takers though. Good luck.
Same. That ship sailed a while ago
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:44 PM   #13
Rsblueblood
Kywildcats

Drives: 2020 2SS shock and steel (shocker)
I think Powerhouse summed it up, i have emailed and talked to them numerous times about making a CAI and get responses like “ we didn’t make enough money off of the 5 th gens” or “there is no demand for it”. Sorry but im calling like i see it all they support is the v8 and not the name Camaro. Now with that out of the way i can still say im holding out and waiting, but if i hear October or November im done waiting.
Rsblueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:41 PM   #14
Rsblueblood
Kywildcats

Drives: 2020 2SS shock and steel (shocker)
Ok just a update about this, I talked to the guys at the Roto-Fab both during Camarofest. First i want to thank them taking time and talking to me and explaining the reason for not jumping on in making the CAI for our cars and then listening to me vent, great group of people. They have are renting a v6 to make a prototype if it doesn’t make their goal horsepower then they will not put it in production, because of the time and money spent they want to see good results, i wouldn’t blame them. With that being said hopefully they might read this, to some people it’s not about horsepower. For show people it’s looks and for many people its sound and looks, any way i just wanted to let our group know whats going on and maybe some hope. Lol
Rsblueblood is offline   Reply With Quote