Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE


Phastek Performance


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2023, 07:31 AM   #29
SwL_Wildcat
 
SwL_Wildcat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2024 ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Campbell River, BC, Canada Eh!
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
One of the dealers i was inquiring on a ZLE last year texted me today saying they got an allocation for a G56, wanted to know if i was interested.I asked him for a price, said he didn't have much info and would update me on the progress of the order and price, but looks like the last week or two of production will be G56 builds..
According to GM if the Dec 7 production end date is correct that is only 15 days away. Isn't there something about calling a vehicle a 2024 model year at least 1 has to be built in that calender year? If so maybe the G56's will be the very last off the line and not get completed/issued VIN numbers until after midnight on Dec 31st?
SwL_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 01:26 PM   #30
Jer4251
Camaro Addict
 
Jer4251's Avatar
 
Drives: too many
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 912
Posts: 1,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwL_Wildcat View Post
According to GM if the Dec 7 production end date is correct that is only 15 days away. Isn't there something about calling a vehicle a 2024 model year at least 1 has to be built in that calender year? If so maybe the G56's will be the very last off the line and not get completed/issued VIN numbers until after midnight on Dec 31st?

A dealer reached out to me yesterday to tell me their G56 order was approved to be built. But per the window sticker trick, they already made 2 G56 cars for GM
__________________
1990 IROC-Z Vert LS
1996 SS Vert LT4
1992 Z28 Z03 T5
1992 Z28 Z03 L98
2018 Sierra Denali 6.2
1997 Z28 Z4C
1995 Z28
Jer4251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 04:48 PM   #31
ddivinia
 
Drives: 19 ZR1 20 350R Wife -> 24 ZL1 Vert
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Graham, Texas
Posts: 245
Sounds like all the G56 cars will ship by mid Dec.

D.
ddivinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 06:30 PM   #32
ddivinia
 
Drives: 19 ZR1 20 350R Wife -> 24 ZL1 Vert
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Graham, Texas
Posts: 245
Anybody got one secured yet?

D.
ddivinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 12:30 AM   #33
Jer4251
Camaro Addict
 
Jer4251's Avatar
 
Drives: too many
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 912
Posts: 1,272
Must all be secured because I've had 0 luck on all my calls. But I'll keep trying. Want a riptide or red hot 6 speed. Take radiant red as well if nothing else. Just no black white or silver.
__________________
1990 IROC-Z Vert LS
1996 SS Vert LT4
1992 Z28 Z03 T5
1992 Z28 Z03 L98
2018 Sierra Denali 6.2
1997 Z28 Z4C
1995 Z28
Jer4251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 02:24 PM   #34
Jer4251
Camaro Addict
 
Jer4251's Avatar
 
Drives: too many
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 912
Posts: 1,272
1G1FJ1R67R0118816

Riptide blue manual ZL1 1LE that's not on the list. Couldn't get the window sticker. Already spoken for.
__________________
1990 IROC-Z Vert LS
1996 SS Vert LT4
1992 Z28 Z03 T5
1992 Z28 Z03 L98
2018 Sierra Denali 6.2
1997 Z28 Z4C
1995 Z28
Jer4251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 07:44 AM   #35
SwL_Wildcat
 
SwL_Wildcat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2024 ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Campbell River, BC, Canada Eh!
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer4251 View Post
1G1FJ1R67R0118816

Riptide blue manual ZL1 1LE that's not on the list. Couldn't get the window sticker. Already spoken for.



This is the sticker.


https://cws.gm.com/vs-cws/vehshop/v2...FJ1R67R0118816


This is very interesting that this car isn't showing up in any of the VIN searches the Raidator is doing, yet it clearly exists and has a window sticker. I'm guessing the other CE cars we're missing all have window stickers too, the script is just somehow not detecting them.
SwL_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 10:32 AM   #36
LateBrakeU2

 
Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwL_Wildcat View Post
This is the sticker.


https://cws.gm.com/vs-cws/vehshop/v2...FJ1R67R0118816


This is very interesting that this car isn't showing up in any of the VIN searches the Raidator is doing, yet it clearly exists and has a window sticker. I'm guessing the other CE cars we're missing all have window stickers too, the script is just somehow not detecting them.
This car is already being advertised on AutoTrader. At 100k with ADM for pretty much any of these 40+ 24 ZLE's ,it will be interesting to see where the values are in a couple of years. Sure, it's the last year but will that equate to them being worth that 30k more V a nice clean 20-23 for 25k less? They did make thousands of these, i don't see the CEZL1's ever getting close to the 125k dealers are getting for them,not so sure on the ZLE's.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 12:31 PM   #37
SublimeHellcat
 
Drives: 2019 Hellcat Redeye, 2 1992 B4C's
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: AZ
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
This car is already being advertised on AutoTrader. At 100k with ADM for pretty much any of these 40+ 24 ZLE's ,it will be interesting to see where the values are in a couple of years. Sure, it's the last year but will that equate to them being worth that 30k more V a nice clean 20-23 for 25k less? They did make thousands of these, i don't see the CEZL1's ever getting close to the 125k dealers are getting for them,not so sure on the ZLE's.
To me it is hard to tell about the CE but it is a one year item, being the last year. Yes it is a sticker package somewhat, but at least they did something. It's not as bad as the GT500 Heritage edition which is nearly half of the 4000 production rate in 2022.

As far as the ZLE, it will be very limited for 2024, but it has been made every year of production. How does that effect future values? I'm torn between my 2022 GT500 Code Orange and the CE I have a deposit on. Would like to go back to a 6 speed thouigh.

Last edited by SublimeHellcat; 11-25-2023 at 12:45 PM.
SublimeHellcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 03:06 PM   #38
LateBrakeU2

 
Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by SublimeHellcat View Post
To me it is hard to tell about the CE but it is a one year item, being the last year. Yes it is a sticker package somewhat, but at least they did something. It's not as bad as the GT500 Heritage edition which is nearly half of the 4000 production rate in 2022.

As far as the ZLE, it will be very limited for 2024, but it has been made every year of production. How does that effect future values? I'm torn between my 2022 GT500 Code Orange and the CE I have a deposit on. Would like to go back to a 6 speed thouigh.
Apples and oranges relative to performance, but last time round GM did the same weak farewell thing with the 02 Z4C( also a sticker and badge job) and twenty years + down the road you can find them in the wrapper for around what they sold for new. End of the day it's a 100k+ Camaro which is hard to wrap your head around.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 03:31 PM   #39
SublimeHellcat
 
Drives: 2019 Hellcat Redeye, 2 1992 B4C's
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: AZ
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
Apples and oranges relative to performance, but last time round GM did the same weak farewell thing with the 02 Z4C( also a sticker and badge job) and twenty years + down the road you can find them in the wrapper for around what they sold for new. End of the day it's a 100k+ Camaro which is hard to wrap your head around.
Very good point. G56 is my favorite this year, ZL1 1LE too rough for me lol. A 2SS 1LE would be fun though.
SublimeHellcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 04:42 PM   #40
Camfab
 
Drives: Ď23 ZL1-1LE
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: SoCal
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by SublimeHellcat View Post
To me it is hard to tell about the CE but it is a one year item, being the last year. Yes it is a sticker package somewhat, but at least they did something. It's not as bad as the GT500 Heritage edition which is nearly half of the 4000 production rate in 2022.

As far as the ZLE, it will be very limited for 2024, but it has been made every year of production. How does that effect future values? I'm torn between my 2022 GT500 Code Orange and the CE I have a deposit on. Would like to go back to a 6 speed thouigh.
Actually the ZLE has not been made every year of production. It started in 2018, and has been very limited the last three or four years. I just got back from the LA auto show and all I can say is the CE paint is very unique. This was on a regular convertible, sorry I didnít pay attention to the trim. I was mesmerized by the magnitude of heavy flake in the paint. I have no idea if the Panther is different. It was so over the top Iím not sure I liked it or hated it, none the less I couldnít stop looking at it. Very unique indeed.
Camfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 04:35 AM   #41
SwL_Wildcat
 
SwL_Wildcat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2024 ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Campbell River, BC, Canada Eh!
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer4251 View Post
Must all be secured because I've had 0 luck on all my calls. But I'll keep trying. Want a riptide or red hot 6 speed. Take radiant red as well if nothing else. Just no black white or silver.



https://www.jdpower.com/inventory/20...lercode=170093


Maybe this isn't sold? Ad is still up.
SwL_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 10:28 AM   #42
LateBrakeU2

 
Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwL_Wildcat View Post
https://www.jdpower.com/inventory/20...lercode=170093


Maybe this isn't sold? Ad is still up.
Both their 6M Riptide's are sold. I don't think with 42 of these there will be any available that were dealer stock.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.