Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-30-2018, 09:42 PM   #1359
Quinten_33

Drives: Silverado
I think that the GT500 will be a faster than a ZL1 in a straight line by a few tenths, but There’s no way it’ll beat the ZL1 1LE on a track, skid pad, or winding road. It’ll be on Sport Cup 2 tires with untamed power and tacky plastic bits on the exterior. No way it costs less than a ZL1 1LE, and it WONT come as well equipped on the inside. It’ll be like adding a roush supercharger to a fully optioned GT350R, but with worse dealer markups. An LT5 ZL1 1LE needs to happen so GM can give Ford a stern spanking and send them to their room until the S650 is done
Quinten_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:17 PM   #1360
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
50 years of gm dominance and now it is some Hail Mary model that ain’t even out!?
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:59 AM   #1361
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
I fully expect the 500 to be the fastest in the quarter stock vs stock to the Z. I expect a mid-high 10s car.
That's what I'm expecting too and I hope so, cus I want to buy one.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:17 AM   #1362
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
That's what I'm expecting too and I hope so, cus I want to buy one.
I would like one. But Mustangs don't come with sunroof option. And I'm not a solid roof guy. I need a sunroof. And I won't get another convertible Mustang as the aftermarket does not provide enough suspension upgrades to make it handle better. Plus, if it comes in at $70K, then I might as well get a Z06...or hold out for the ZR1 which is what I really want.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 05:58 AM   #1363
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
"In other words, these two cars wouldn’t be allowed to race together".

This is a huge win for Chevy and a tough article to read if you're a Ford fan.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:56 AM   #1364
Gunmetalmissle

Drives: 16 ngm ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post
"The Performance Pack Level 2, according to Ford’s engineers, has helped make the latest Mustang GT the most neutral pony car from the current generation and one hell of a riot to drive. Performance wise, the new package has 40 percent more grip than the regular GT Performance Package and can pull 1.05 gs on a skidpad. That last figure is a large improvement over the regular pack’s 0.97 gs. Around Grattan Raceway, which is located in Belding, Michigan, Ford’s engineers claim the grippier pack is capable of slicing 3.5 seconds off of a Mustang with the GT Performance Pack’s time."

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news...e-pack-level-2
So 3.5 seconds faster than a pp1 around a track that is twice as long as the one used for the head 2 head in which the 1le was 3.3 seconds faster than a pp1. This suggests the pp2 will only be able to cut the gap in half.
Gunmetalmissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:01 AM   #1365
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Those massive Cup 2's do wonders for the lateral G's, that is great to see. I am very excited for this H2H.

What's odd to me though is the PP1 matched or beat cars like the M4 in some metrics, but the reviews make it sound like a total liability from a stability stand point. It has respectable numbers when not just comparing it to the Camaro, so why is the handling
and feel so poor?

Is the PP2 going to be a lot of the same? Able to squeak out good numbers, but feels terrible doing it?
Old 01-31-2018, 09:03 AM   #1366
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetalmissle View Post
So 3.5 seconds faster than a pp1 around a track that is twice as long as the one used for the head 2 head in which the 1le was 3.3 seconds faster than a pp1. This suggests the pp2 will only be able to cut the gap in half.
So the PP2 will likely be able to just edge out the base SS. Not what the Mustang guys will want to hear.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:29 AM   #1367
2012 IngotSilver 5.0
FIVE.OH

Drives: 2016 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetalmissle View Post
No doubt about it, Ford has closed the gap.

Quote:
... We can officially put an end to the Mustang trolls that come around these parts. Their arguments have now been put laid to rest.
Talk about irrational trolls, how many different forums do you infect?

Quote:
And what is the reason for the Bullitt? I mean seriously? ... Mustang suckers are born every minute...
Bullitt because Steve McQueen is an American icon. Seriously, how did you miss that?

I know some decent Camaro guys, do them a favor and tell everyone you drive a Volvo ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
What happened to Furd’s claim that the 2018 can do “sub 4 seconds zero to sixty” that they put in their brochure?
It requires a very special skill to understand Ford's claim, it's called actually being able to read. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Anybody else notice that Ford has a big typo on the most important option on this Mustang?
Oh no, Mustang beat Camaro sales 34 out of 44 years ... and now a typo!

The Mustang is doomed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
... the S550 has lost every round to every competitor from Chevy whether you base it off pricing or from base model and going up a trim on each car ...
Just like against the 4th Gen LS1, the Stang loses by a few tenths here or there.

But the Camaro went out of production regardless. Hmm, maybe Ford is onto something ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
50 years of gm dominance and now it is some Hail Mary model that ain’t even out!?
"Dominance"? lol

You nearly made me spit out my coffee.
2012 IngotSilver 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:35 AM   #1368
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 IngotSilver 5.0 View Post
No doubt about it, Ford has closed the gap.

Talk about irrational trolls, how many different forums do you infect?

Bullitt because Steve McQueen is an American icon. Seriously, how did you miss that?

I know some decent Camaro guys, do them a favor and tell everyone you drive a Volvo ...

It requires a very special skill to understand Ford's claim, it's called actually being able to read. Good luck!

Oh no, Mustang beat Camaro sales 34 out of 44 years ... and now a typo!

The Mustang is doomed!

Just like against the 4th Gen LS1, the Stang loses by a few tenths here or there.

But the Camaro went out of production regardless. Hmm, maybe Ford is onto something ...

"Dominance"? lol

You nearly made me spit out my coffee.
....which you've apparently had too much of. Touchy much?
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:48 AM   #1369
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Still await a Canary Bird Orange 18' PP1,2,3 whatever to come next to me here in Mexico and really see all this BS talk put to rest on the straightaway. Muhahahahah
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:00 AM   #1370
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
....which you've apparently had too much of. Touchy much?
Mustang boys are SUPER touchy these days man. It is a BAD time to be a blue oval guy.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:09 AM   #1371
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm
Anybody else notice that Ford has a big typo on the most important option on this Mustang?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 IngotSilver 5.0 View Post
....Oh no, Mustang beat Camaro sales 34 out of 44 years ... and now a typo!

The Mustang is doomed!
For the record, I tipped off a couple friends at FoMoCo about their typo so they can fix it before it becomes too embarrassing.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:19 AM   #1372
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Those massive Cup 2's do wonders for the lateral G's, that is great to see. I am very excited for this H2H.

What's odd to me though is the PP1 matched or beat cars like the M4 in some metrics, but the reviews make it sound like a total liability from a stability stand point. It has respectable numbers when not just comparing it to the Camaro, so why is the handling
and feel so poor?

Is the PP2 going to be a lot of the same? Able to squeak out good numbers, but feels terrible doing it?
Maybe a stack of phone books on a waterbed is just about as fast on a race track as an M4 or maybe the Mustang actually handles very well for a GT car.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote