Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-06-2017, 05:38 PM   #113
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Thanks Jason
@tommy will do, only reason I asked is because I decided to take the car sideways yesterday and it felt like the car was really cutting power n trying to get me straight, now I know
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:57 PM   #114
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
So I did 4 pulls from a dead stop, but I only did the 0-60 in the dash on the second one.

In my hpt log, these are the 0-60 times

The 4.4 on the dash is the 4.107 time in hpt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice job man you are doing fantastic! Did you have your drag radials on when you did these pulls ?
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:16 PM   #115
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustya View Post
Nice job man you are doing fantastic! Did you have your drag radials on when you did these pulls ?

Yes, if you can call them that, but I can't get them hot in the street or it will ruin them, and can't hold the rpms up like a launch I would at the track because the timer starts counting before the car actually starts moving and throws then dash timer off in my car. And it just spins if I load it up high on the street. Just kind of floor it and dump the brakes at about 2000-2500 rpm

Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:52 AM   #116
Jason@JacFab

Just for fun I checked the G meter again. Car pulls 0.9 G on a street launch.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:02 PM   #117
dekes1

Drives: Camaro like
Fellow Alpha owner here. Ok it's an ATS and not a Camaro, but we're all LTG brothers right?
I just wanted to post something to those of you with the A8. You can pick up about 2-tenths in your 0-60 just by tuning the trans.
Remember those GM claims that the new A8 can shift as fast as the Porsche PDK? It can.

With HPTuners I can get the shifts to be as hard as you'd ever want. Even to the point of occasionally barking the tires on 1-2 shift.

So I just wanted to share that as you tune and seek faster times, don't ignore the trans!
dekes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:40 PM   #118
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekes1 View Post
Fellow Alpha owner here. Ok it's an ATS and not a Camaro, but we're all LTG brothers right?
I just wanted to post something to those of you with the A8. You can pick up about 2-tenths in your 0-60 just by tuning the trans.
Remember those GM claims that the new A8 can shift as fast as the Porsche PDK? It can.

With HPTuners I can get the shifts to be as hard as you'd ever want. Even to the point of occasionally barking the tires on 1-2 shift.

So I just wanted to share that as you tune and seek faster times, don't ignore the trans!
You can indeed tune some of the trans, but not all of the important tables I would like to see to make it even better are not available yet.

I've read the PDK has a .2 shift time? In the stock tune, our trans has a commanded shift time of .2 in a couple gears, while the rest are .250... You can tune it to shift faster, but at some point you will hit a wall because there are a couple key tables missing that will need to be changed to get even faster shifts. And the TQ management is really not "tunable" at this time, it's basically either ON or OFF for the upshifts. I have raised my 1-2 and 2-3 shift pressures only enough to eliminate the slip I was experiencing. The trans actually seems to shift faster with the TQ management left on, and with less slip.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:58 PM   #119
dekes1

Drives: Camaro like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
You can indeed tune some of the trans, but not all of the important tables I would like to see to make it even better are not available yet.

I've read the PDK has a .2 shift time? In the stock tune, our trans has a commanded shift time of .2 in a couple gears, while the rest are .250... You can tune it to shift faster, but at some point you will hit a wall because there are a couple key tables missing that will need to be changed to get even faster shifts. And the TQ management is really not "tunable" at this time, it's basically either ON or OFF for the upshifts. I have raised my 1-2 and 2-3 shift pressures only enough to eliminate the slip I was experiencing. The trans actually seems to shift faster with the TQ management left on, and with less slip.
I reached out to HPT about that very topic. I was hoping they had plans to add the shift "initial" and "final" tables as well as the shift time torque adder tables. Sadly they do not plan to add any of them.

But you can adjust the Shift Intertia table in addition to the individual shift time tables and make great improvement. I've logged shifts as fast as .187 seconds.

One other thing that you may find interesting is the difference between the Camaro and ATS in the TCC lockup strategy. I compared stock tunes between two 2016s and found that under full throttle the ATS basically never locks up the converter, whereas the Camaro more-or-less locks up the converter nearly instantly (8mph and above). I copied the lockup tables from the Camaro tune to my ATS and personally like the feel much better.
dekes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:08 PM   #120
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Welcome dekes1!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-07-2017, 09:16 PM   #121
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekes1 View Post
I reached out to HPT about that very topic. I was hoping they had plans to add the shift "initial" and "final" tables as well as the shift time torque adder tables. Sadly they do not plan to add any of them.

But you can adjust the Shift Intertia table in addition to the individual shift time tables and make great improvement. I've logged shifts as fast as .187 seconds.

One other thing that you may find interesting is the difference between the Camaro and ATS in the TCC lockup strategy. I compared stock tunes between two 2016s and found that under full throttle the ATS basically never locks up the converter, whereas the Camaro more-or-less locks up the converter nearly instantly (8mph and above). I copied the lockup tables from the Camaro tune to my ATS and personally like the feel much better.

Yeah, I read your post about the TCC lock up yesterday and tried the ats numbers out. I wasn't a fan, but probably needed to tweak the settings of everything so it shift right. In the Camaro At WOT the converter is commanded to start locking as soon as the 1-2 shift finishes, but it doesn't actually lock until the middle of 3rd, right about 58. The TCC pressure is a slow build up, and unfortunately we don't have the tables to adjust that either. Nor the oncoming/off going clutch crap, which is what we need to really get the shifts down to low double digits if it will do it.

Old 06-08-2017, 08:13 AM   #122
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Going to stick with dash timers for this so everyones on even ground across the board. But your posts have me thinking a lot Jason lol.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:06 PM   #123
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Cool Yay

Finally broke into the 4s tonight.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:36 AM   #124
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Finally broke into the 4s tonight.

Ayyoo!!

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:40 AM   #125
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Sweet!!
Old 06-26-2017, 09:59 AM   #126
Jason@JacFab