Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-07-2018, 06:54 PM   #1205
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit38 View Post
Hey Becky !

Good to see you, I haven't talked to you lately.

I hope you are doing good !

I'm Great!
....Hope You are Too!

I Still have a pic..
..... Your Silverado...
Name:  bandit.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  262.2 KB

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:05 PM   #1206
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
These are pony cars not muscle cars so they were originally smaller. The 5th gen was larger than the 1st gen in terms of interior roominess but the 5th gen and the GTO was more of the intermediate class like the intermediate Chevelles from back in the day. Rear seat legroom was never a strong point of the 1st and 2nd gens if my memory serves me well but I can agree that I would like a little more rear legroom if possible but it is not a deal breaker.
I have had 2 1st gens, they have a quite a bit more leg room than the 6th.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:23 PM   #1207
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@JamesMartinChevy View Post

I'm Great!
....Hope You are Too!

I Still have a pic..
..... Your Silverado...
Attachment 928553

Becky

Yes ma'am, you have a terrific memory

Doing great too, ready for all this pollen to leave so I can get everything all waxed up again !

I added some of those Heritage bowties to the truck a few months ago, they look so perfect with the blue !

Old 04-07-2018, 09:31 PM   #1208
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigante View Post
LOL u did not get it. I was talking about camaro^s size. I don't like its getting smaller than it should be. That's why I ve mentioned small import cars. Like if I wanted a small car I would buy a Nissan or smth.
It still boggles my mind that people would think this is a small car. It's almost as long and wide as my wife's 3-row SUV.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 05:06 AM   #1209
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Found a video of 2019 Camaro mules. You can clearly see the cleaner lines on the with the removal of the edges under the rear lights and the new light shape when the car is braking
Just ignore the transformers thumbnail picture

samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 06:39 AM   #1210
Rayfield

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
It still boggles my mind that people would think this is a small car. It's almost as long and wide as my wife's 3-row SUV.
Same here..my SS is substantially longer and somewhat wider than the Japanese sports car that it replaced. I had to spend a day reorganizing my garage to get it to fit in there.
Rayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 08:03 AM   #1211
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayfield View Post
Same here..my SS is substantially longer and somewhat wider than the Japanese sports car that it replaced. I had to spend a day reorganizing my garage to get it to fit in there.
No doubt external size is larger than Gen 1, but interior seems to be a bit cramped for some people’s taste. Personally, I’m ok with the size of it. I like smaller more compact cars and CUVs (prefer CTS to CT6, Malibu to Impala, have absolutely ZERO desire for a Suburban) but for folks who value a spacious interior, look elsewhere. One of my best friends loves my car, but traded his GT for a Charger Scat Pack, even after I offered him a Supplier Discount.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:19 AM   #1212
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayfield View Post
What GM has been notorious for over the years is having big cars on the outside with a small car on the inside. Even the SUVs seem to fall victim to this. Sit in the back seat of the previous generation Cruze next to a Hyundai Alantra. Same size car on the outside, but on the inside? Huge difference.

I know folks on the architecture side of the business at GM and it isn't from a lack of trying, it's just the result of packaging from the outside in rather than the inside out, or at least having a good balance.

A slammed roof and high belt line, like a Chip Foose sketch, result in cars that look bad a$$, but don't result in cars that feel roomy. In some cases the dimensions can be the same, but the "feeling" of roominess is destroyed.

Ed Welburn did some nice stuff while leading GM Design, but he was way too big on the BIG wheels, slammed roof and high belt look. It shows in the ATS and it's part of the reason that car has sold like crap since day 1. An awesome chassis in a car that under delivers and what a compact luxury car should. Try the coupe version which had to have a-pillars moved rearward and another roof drop only for styling. Wonderful looking little car...............but not very convenient to use. Worst (Best) example was the previous generation CTS coupe. Beautiful car................they made the roof so low you couldn't get a sunroof, only a glass vent panel. Rear seat? LOL.....if you are 9 years old.

I will never forget seeing the BMW 3 Series that GM turned into an ATS on the inside very early in the Alpha development. Yikes!

All a result of believing that people only buy you cars for styling. It results in beautiful cars to look at. And the Gen6 Camaro is all that and then some.

Keep in mind too, Alpha is a compact car architecture. Not much bigger than a Cruze. The ATS montra was be better than the 3 Series for weight and handling performance, and they did that. Very well too. Everything in that program was focused on the 3 Series. Everything. The Camaro benefits from all that hard work on the weight and chassis performance. Part of the reason the Camaro is so outstanding in performance is the basic work done on the ATS.

But the CTS is a compromise off of that same architecture, part of the reason the CTS is selling poorly as well. But frankly it's light years away from an E-class MB or a 5 Series BMW right now and regardless of the compromises from bringing it off a small vehicle architecture, it simply isn't competitive. It will be interesting to see when the A2xx comes out next year. I expect it to be a truly mid size car with no compromises. And that may be the bones for the Gen7 Camaro.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:46 AM   #1213
Lemosine

Drives: 2016 M6 Hyper Blue 2SS
I like how tight it is in the camaro, like your in a cockpit of a jet or something. But I can understand how for bigger people it can be an issue and unfair.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:48 AM   #1214
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
well if you're going to talk about the ATS vs. the BMW 3 series. i looked in the back of a 3series once and the front seat was against the backseat, so i don't see how it's beating it there.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 10:02 AM   #1215
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemosine View Post
I like how tight it is in the camaro, like your in a cockpit of a jet or something. But I can understand how for bigger people it can be an issue and unfair.
I love how solid i feel with sitting in the Gen 6 Camaro , the 5 th Gen was like wearing a lose shoe . I have seen all sorts of people get in and out of Corvettes and those people don't mind or at least try not to show it anyway, i think more people will come to the new size over time .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 10:18 AM   #1216
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
This.

I love the cockpit like feeling too. Makes you feel more engaged with the car when tossing it around the corners. But I recognize we're in the minority and people prefer a roomy feeling interior.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 10:25 AM   #1217
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
Quote:
Exactly the feeling I have when I sit in one. That's mainly the reason why I want a Camaro. The feeling behind the wheel is insane.
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 11:19 AM   #1218
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
What GM has been notorious for over the years is having big cars on the outside with a small car on the inside. Even the SUVs seem to fall victim to this. Sit in the back seat of the previous generation Cruze next to a Hyundai Alantra. Same size car on the outside, but on the inside? Huge difference..
Yea... It's crazy that my ~$13k DD beater has insane amounts of legroom compared to almost any Chevy car I've ridden in. The ATS backseat is crap in the sedan...

My DD? A base model 2014 Nissan Versa... Hell the thing has manual roll down windows and manual locks... At work I'll drive when we go out for group lunches. People see the small car and generally comment about not fitting in the back. Then they get in and this thing has the most leg room they've ever seen. Same for me in any car I've ever owned including my wife's Equinox.

I can put the front seat all the way back and my knees still don't touch the front seat it if I'm in the back. What is Nissan doing right while Chevy crams us in their vehicles???

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote