Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-10-2017, 10:42 AM   #85
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
I emptied both my cans today ccv was a little fuller because i only do it every 5k miles but PCV at 2k miles had about 1/8th full so not bad as the weather heats up you'll get less condensation blow-by.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 03:44 PM   #86
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
I emptied both my cans today ccv was a little fuller because i only do it every 5k miles but PCV at 2k miles had about 1/8th full so not bad as the weather heats up you'll get less condensation blow-by.
Actually, as the weather warms up, you get less crank case condensation. This issue isn't specifically limited to DI engines. Just like a liquor still, the water/other junk burn off first out of the crank case, then follow their way through the PCV where they are now deposited in the catch can.

I think most people would really be surprised by the amount of crank case condensation in colder weather. Fortunately the heat cycle of running an engine evaporates the water out. I had left my 2000 3.8 V6 Firebird out in the driveway over a winter, and just from the ambient air warming and cooling for those 5 months, there was enough water in the oil pan to completely fill the pan and start pushing oil out of the dipstick hole. When I drained it (before starting it in the spring) at least a gallon of water came out!
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 05:45 PM   #87
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
lol, damn water we love and hate you so much!

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:14 PM   #88
FRDriver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT 2.0T Manual
Just finished installation of the Mishimoto catch cans

Took about an hour. Let's see what I can collect in these cans!
Attached Images

FRDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:08 AM   #89
FRDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Looks like you did receive the wrong fittings, I'm sending you a PM so we can get the correct pieces out to ASAP!

Also, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, since I saw a few familiar names on the other thread, the PCV adapter doesn't stand up well to over tightening. Due to the complexity of the piece itself, it had to be injection molded, but it is still a strong fitting. We're including the following supplementary instructions with the fitting just for those of you who are thinking of ordering or haven't installed yet are conscious of how my torque you're putting on the fitting.

• Over-tightening the PCV adapter will cause it to break.
• Hand tighten until the dowty seal is flush with the valve cover.
• Once the dowty seal is flush, the adapter should not be tightened more than 1/16th turn.
• If resistance is felt as you thread the adapter in, try the following:
o Lubricate the small o-ring with engine oil
o Check the threads inside the valve cover to be sure they are clean and free of debris.
o Ensure the adapter is not cross threading

If you have any other issues, don't hesitate to contact our customer support.

The installs are looking great so far, looking forward to more!

Thanks,
Nick
I noticed that the full kit came with 2 extra o-rings on the PCV adapter. What was the intent of including them? Should I take care of them and keep them in a safe place?
Old 07-04-2017, 06:08 AM   #90
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDriver View Post
I noticed that the full kit came with 2 extra o-rings on the PCV adapter. What was the intent of including them? Should I take care of them and keep them in a safe place?
Yup, keep 'em...when I removed the tap to weigh the setup, the tap came out with the o-ring missing; couldn't retrieve it (no sign of it). Was glad to have the extra, also noticed alot of the fittings needed to be retightened after a few hundred km.
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 06:42 AM   #91
FRDriver

Awesome, I'll keep it in mind when I check the catch cans.