Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-13-2017, 10:51 AM   #71
SixgenSix

Drives: 2020 SHOCK SS 1LE
Good to see you were able to get footage of the accident.

Contact your insurance agent to make sure you have adequate liability and property damage limits. Make sure you are well protected.
SixgenSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:06 PM   #72
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Est98SS View Post
Nope not yet, just sent the video and the contents of the CD in a file to my adjustor a few hours ago. But I was kind of worried about that myself but I live just a few blocks from where this occurred so I've checked the timing of the lights multiple times. I initially thought once the light I went across turns red they both go red for a couple of seconds before hers would turn green but I found out it only does that when her light goes red so in my case as soon as that light turns red hers will turn green with no delay. So if their insurance does decide to dispute that I'm pretty sure they can send someone down to check that or I can even get it on video myself.
If I were you, I would video that myself right now. You never know if someone is gonna go in the system and change/fix that before someone can officially go out and and witness it.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:08 PM   #73
trueraiderfan17

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A-10
good deal man!
trueraiderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:59 PM   #74
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
Glad you got a new Camaro, sorry you had to go through losing your first though! Thanks for the video.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:47 PM   #75
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by draph View Post
So I assume OP has made copies of the CD, and the original is well marked as created by the originator, and the file metadata shows video capture date as the time and date of accident with no file mods since. OP may need that if the other driver/insurance company dispute the authenticity of the video.

Given all these cool video manipulations available on YouTube, it seems like it wouldn't be too hard for someone with the right video editing software to manipulate this video to reverse the glow of the lights in the OP's favor... As fellow Camaro enthusiast I really want the OP to be the honest one here to keep Camaro driver reputations positive; but dishonesty is everywhere, and video, while convincing can still be fudged...but, definitely, there's logical arguments to combine with the video, such as the video source being a bus in a straight or right turn lane stationary the whole time of the accident - and hopefully bus driver witness corroborates he WASN'T sitting at a green waiting to turn left after the oncoming car passed him.
It came from a bus. Metadata depending on who looks at it wouldn't even have to check out if the company verifies they gave him the footage for x date x time.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:57 PM   #76
Zepp

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
It's good to hear that it worked out for you after all
Old 04-24-2017, 09:08 AM   #77
zeekle

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Glad it's working out for you. That all being said if it had been your fault it doesn't appear you have enough liability insurance. Medical bills are no joke in a wreck especially if they get one of those ambulance chaser lawyers. I had to go through something similar in the past and after years of court dealings I was able to get back to living my life without worrying about losing everything I had.

Look at your liability insurance. You probably don't have enough.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
zeekle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:23 AM   #78
nearwater

Drives: '17 2SS 50th
I'm just glad that SOB got what he deserved.
I despise lying f&@kers.
Glad you are okay.