#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-18-2023, 03:37 PM   #71
Laidoffsick

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT-SS1LE View Post
Wow, that picture is disgraceful. Any dealer that returns a $75K car back to a customer in that condition should never get repeat business. Haven't had to use my GM dealer yet, but the few times I've taken in my 10 year old Tundra for service I have to tell them NOT to wash it, because it's usually clean but they would still do it as part of their routine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2023_ZL1-AUTO View Post
I'm glad the issue is solved! I would make the dealer pay for a detail for your car!

! O-H !
They offered to detail it inside and out but I told them I didn't want them to touch it. They obviously couldn't take care of it when they had it for 6 weeks so who knows how bad they would have swirled/scratched the paint trying to clean it.

I-O ! !
Laidoffsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 04:49 PM   #72
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Lord thunder in Jesus I just be happy with the part number after all these Blessin repairs just in case a few of us don’t want to go to the dealership
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 01:09 AM   #73
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
So are they wanting to keep the car once they confirm the TSB? Or is it a "bring it back when we get the part". I'll call Monday to schedule.
Old 08-20-2023, 09:23 AM   #74
SoMaR

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
So are they wanting to keep the car once they confirm the TSB? Or is it a "bring it back when we get the part". I'll call Monday to schedule.
They told me it won't hurt the car to drive it. When the part comes in they'll schedule for me to bring it back.
SoMaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 12:20 PM   #75
SnakeEyeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMaR View Post
They told me it won't hurt the car to drive it. When the part comes in they'll schedule for me to bring it back.
Thanks. The whole 6 weeks/nasty car had me worried. The service Dept is good there but they have been hit by thieves overnight before.
Old 08-24-2023, 11:43 PM   #76
SnakeEyeSS

Taking mine in tomorrow. A bit worried because every time slot was open so I hope I don't show up and it's one of those "oh, the system just assumes it's an oil change, you'll need to wait for a tech to be free" days
Old 08-25-2023, 03:59 AM   #77
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Hope the new fuel line fixes the problem. Your service advisor should know if the tech on their team can get to it or not. It doesn’t appear to be a difficult part to replace.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 12:16 PM   #78
SnakeEyeSS

Well that did not go well.

I'm making an appointment and show up, and they say it will be 2 days before we can look at your car. I asked what the appointment was for, They said that's letting them know when you will drop the car off. Appointment are not times for service or repair, It is solely telling them when you will be there to leave your car with them.

My Mazda and Honda dealerships don't do that, co-worker said his Ford dealership does the same thing though.

I asked if I can make an appointment to reserve a time or day to have my car actually be checked and they said no. You make an appointment to drop the car off and then they get to it whatever they do.
Old 08-25-2023, 12:19 PM   #79
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Reason I keep asking if this is driver level replaceable because I'll buy the line, I refuse to play dealer service games.
WhiteMale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 12:51 PM   #80
SnakeEyeSS

Two dealer now: I have to leave it there for 2 days to have it diagnosed, They will order the part, and then when the part comes in I'll have to leave it there, however long they're backlogged then.

One flat out told me that you cannot Time for a tech to see it because if the person doesn't show up they don't make money, So this is much better for the dealership Even if it inconveniences me.

I would be fine with paying a deposit that's refundable when you show up If they have to be So greedy
Old 08-25-2023, 02:40 PM   #81
CalgaryZL1

Quote:
Two dealer now: I have to leave it there for 2 days to have it diagnosed, They will order the part, and then when the part comes in I'll have to leave it there, however long they're backlogged then.

One flat out told me that you cannot Time for a tech to see it because if the person doesn't show up they don't make money, So this is much better for the dealership Even if it inconveniences me.

I would be fine with paying a deposit that's refundable when you show up If they have to be So greedy
This is why I keep asking if someone happened to get a part number when they have stopped at the dealership, I can’t imagine leaving my car with them for days on end
Old 08-25-2023, 02:50 PM   #82
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
This is why I keep asking if someone happened to get a part number when they have stopped at the dealership, I can’t imagine leaving my car with them for days on end
There are two different parts. The dealer ordered the fuel line from the tank to the hpfp. It’s part number 84404473. It’s on back order. When it’s installed I’ll update on the outcome of the repair. It doesn’t look too difficult to install and I think it’s less than $100 if you order it online
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 03:04 PM   #83
MT-SS1LE

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE Sharkskin
Quote:

That is a ridiculous business model they have. So you are expected to leave the vehicle with them for an undetermined amount of time? For something that can probably be fixed in a couple of hours or less. To hell with that, I'd buy the part and do it myself before leaving my car at a dealership for days on end for them to do god knows with it.
Old 08-25-2023, 03:43 PM   #84
CalgaryZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
There are two different parts. The dealer ordered the fuel line from the tank to the hpfp. It’s part number 84404473. It’s on back order. When it’s installed I’ll update on the outcome of the repair. It doesn’t look too difficult to install and I think it’s less than $100 if you order it online
Ok thanks for that # I wonder what the part number is for the one just behind the engine that people are noticing between the firewall/ floor board area