Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-08-2017, 05:31 PM   #57
Archangle

Drives: 2017 ice sliver 1LT
Ok so a couple things I've noticed about this post seems like the one person who had an big wheel stock turbo is only guessing on what his upgraded turbo from Turbo bay performance. I live in Punta Gorda FL which is pretty much the same town as Turbo Bay performance is in. I'm currently getting the upgraded turbo from Matt from turbo bay performance which I will post before my tune after and then after putting the FTW 72x turbo from turbo bay performance. Now I know my numbers will be different from others due to sea level. But I will keep everyone updated on my build .
Archangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:01 PM   #58
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangle View Post
Ok so a couple things I've noticed about this post seems like the one person who had an big wheel stock turbo is only guessing on what his upgraded turbo from Turbo bay performance. I live in Punta Gorda FL which is pretty much the same town as Turbo Bay performance is in. I'm currently getting the upgraded turbo from Matt from turbo bay performance which I will post before my tune after and then after putting the FTW 72x turbo from turbo bay performance. Now I know my numbers will be different from others due to sea level. But I will keep everyone updated on my build .
Very cool. Look forward to the updates. Being at sea level should help your numbers. Air is denser the closer you are to sea level.

As far as your question in the other thread, who the heck knows when they'll get off their asses. All I know is the ZZP intercooler is a true front mount, and is available now.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 08:38 PM   #59
dpelow07

Drives: ats
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
Are you running an adapter to get to the t-4 flange? Or an aftermarket manifold/header?
i have an aftermarket manifold
Attached Images

dpelow07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:51 PM   #60
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Where did you get that manifold?
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 11:03 PM   #61
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Where did you get that manifold?

TRS fab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 08:57 AM   #62
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Interesting any word on TRS Fab I know a few have had some shit issues with them recently. Howd you like the manifold dpelow07?

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 05:18 PM   #63
Jason@JacFab

Quote:

Is this different from the FTW-ATS71X they list on their website? I don't see a 72x listed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2017, 09:07 PM   #64
dpelow07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Interesting any word on TRS Fab I know a few have had some shit issues with them recently. Howd you like the manifold dpelow07?
manifold and everything seems like good quality so far. still in the process of bolting it all together
Old 06-11-2017, 03:37 PM   #65
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpelow07 View Post
manifold and everything seems like good quality so far. still in the process of bolting it all together
How long ago did you buy it from him? Previous to the issues over on cadillac forum or recently? PM me a price?

I was a large advocate of TRS Fab until he screwed Jason@JacFab. That left a real bad taste in my mouth. It was such a shame, as I was familiar with his work at Shearer Fab. Ran a bunch of their parts on the race Evo8.

Oh, and why the Borg Warner? I know it's a common upgrade for the older turbo Ecotec's, but there are a LOT of T-4 turbos out there in the world.

Last edited by ChicagoTommy; 06-11-2017 at 03:50 PM.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 10:43 PM   #66
dpelow07

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
How long ago did you buy it from him? Previous to the issues over on cadillac forum or recently? PM me a price?

I was a large advocate of TRS Fab until he screwed Jason@JacFab. That left a real bad taste in my mouth. It was such a shame, as I was familiar with his work at Shearer Fab. Ran a bunch of their parts on the race Evo8.

Oh, and why the Borg Warner? I know it's a common upgrade for the older turbo Ecotec's, but there are a LOT of T-4 turbos out there in the world.
I ordered it right around new years. he did take a little longer than anticipated, but he has been dealing with family issues. He seems to be back on track with his work and very responsive to any questions or concerns.

I chose the borg warner based on all the cobalt guys making crazy numbers with the older s259 and running really good trap speeds. figured if i could get a good 60ft with my rwd and auto car and trap anything near what they do i should be a easy 10 sec car i also wanted to do external wastage and bov so if i ever choose to go bigger or different turbo down the road its a easy cheap change
Old 10-05-2017, 04:04 PM   #67
ryansalazan24

Drives: 2017 Cadillac ATS
UPDATE?

Quote:
Hey man, not to bring a thread back from the dead, but any update on the turbo bay turbocharger? and I also agree with Jason, are you sure its not the 71X? I've never seen or heard about a 72X
ryansalazan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:24 AM   #68
Archangle

Ok so the deal with My turbo is that Turbo Bay is in my home town and the only difference between mine and the 71x is the compressor wheel was maxed out at 72mm instead of 71mm at the base. Once I get the rest of my parts which now is only an intercooler upgraded I will be on the dyno at Five Bar Motorsports in Fort Myers FL tuning it with the stock turbo first then swapping it out to the Turbobay performance turbo and posting up the difference between stock and the 72x but I've been busy with work and I've gotten the turbo back from Matt back in August.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:02 AM   #69
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Ok so the deal with My turbo is that Turbo Bay is in my home town and the only difference between mine and the 71x is the compressor wheel was maxed out at 72mm instead of 71mm at the base. Once I get the rest of my parts which now is only an intercooler upgraded I will be on the dyno at Five Bar Motorsports in Fort Myers FL tuning it with the stock turbo first then swapping it out to the Turbobay performance turbo and posting up the difference between stock and the 72x but I've been busy with work and I've gotten the turbo back from Matt back in August.
Thanks for explaining. I asked because I have what was billed as a "FTW-72XR", from what I guess was an old beta program according to the receipt. I was told that only two were built, and then they went to the 71x supposedly because the fixture for the 72 broke? IDK... Interesting that they would make you a 72, and they don't advertise anything but the 71x on their website.

I have no clue what the R means in XR on my receipt. I bought mine lightly used, with the original paper work, have not put it on the car yet.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:51 AM   #70
Archangle

Have you put yours on yet? And if so have you dyno your car?