Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-02-2015, 09:37 AM   #43
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Don't be surprised if you get attacked for relaying that info, btw.

Some folks here don't take kindly to any negative views on GM products.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:43 AM   #44
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Thing is, anything regarding GM is usually overblown. Z06 seems to be having issues. 8 speed auto issues regarding reliability? I don't think so. LT1 issues? Not really, they may have had some issues early on or people are very vocal. LT1 is in how many Corvettes now? 50k? Not sure.

Yet so many people bashing GM are in denial about the MT82 issues that were going on in the Mustang and continue to say there never were any issues.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:48 AM   #45
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Did anyone bring up Ford or the Mustang in this?

No...so far this is all from GM owners and fans
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:58 AM   #46
Clearly_Canadian

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
I am wondering why there are so many track issues for a car that is apparently designed from the corvette "R". Isn't that GM's big marketing ploy? "now you can own a part of our racing heritage", "Z07, right off the track into your driveway"...

Why can they cool down the actual race car for 24 hour marathons, but they can't get around a figure 8 a few times?? I don't know, just thinking out loud.
Clearly_Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:03 AM   #47
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
All I can say is from experience on the BMW forums and experience with owning one myself. People who complain are the first to join forums, post information, and make out like failure rates are obscene and demand recalls. But the truth is people complain about things much quicker than they say how things work like they should. Especially things everyone takes for granted. There is no difference in any car forum I have ever been in.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:06 AM   #48
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
I am not judging I am Chevy(and Pontiac) thru and thru. This is field talk at a show that had maybe 500 vettes, and most new 2015. These are the guys that buy these cars every year or two. Overheating auto trans in manual mode is the big one. and surprising to me noisy motors when hot, sounds like a diesel. I am sure GM will fix the problems just saying they might need a few years. I bought a 1st gen LS1, remember piston slap, Broken valve springs. In 2002 they did a motor upgrade and solved many problems.

ps, This is discussion not complaining....
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:13 AM   #49
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
I am not judging I am Chevy(and Pontiac) thru and thru. This is field talk at a show that had maybe 500 vettes, and most new 2015. These are the guys that buy these cars every year or two. Overheating auto trans in manual mode is the big one. and surprising to me noisy motors when hot, sounds like a diesel. I am sure GM will fix the problems just saying they might need a few years. I bought a 1st gen LS1, remember piston slap, Broken valve springs. In 2002 they did a motor upgrade and solved many problems.
That's opposite of what has been said before about manual mode....that was cutting the temps by limiting number of shifts on the track. Sport mode was the issue. Also the diesel sound, just shows someone who is not use to DI. They all have that sound. One of the number one complaints about BMWs now. It will be very pronounced with the hood open.

BTW here's what BMW owners complain about:

Auto shifts hard 1-2 and 2-1.
Auto has bad gear selection (mainly on hills)
Poor braking power (actually a recall for some engines, but people not affected still complain)
rough idle on cold start
oil leak/consumption
carbon fouling on intake
blown engines/engines going into limp mode

those are what I remember from a year or so ago...notice anything familiar?

Old 10-02-2015, 10:21 AM   #50

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
..Trying to follow along here....Why isn't (or is it?) the same "issue" happening with the similar drive train Cadillacs?
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:22 AM   #51
ChefBorOzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Did anyone bring up Ford or the Mustang in this?

No...so far this is all from GM owners and fans
I'd be willing to bet there are a few disguised GM trolls in here.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:23 AM   #52
ChefBorOzzy

People don't go around posting how great their car is working.

I had a Legacy GT and you'd swear 90 percent of them blew up by 50k miles by the forum posts.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:30 AM   #53
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post

I had a Legacy GT and you'd swear 90 percent of them blew up by 50k miles by the forum posts.
Exactly. A forum like that is only going to catch bad posts or how do I fix this.

Take a look at the Fiesta/Focus fourms (not ST). You would think everyone's auto trans and Sync are broke and never worked right.

Note, I'm not saying problems don't exist...but they are not rampant like is made out. And a lot of times people who "think" they know something about cars make statements the facts don't support.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:42 AM   #54
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post

Let me be the first then. I love mine. The only issue I've had was very minor. There was a rattle in the rear latch for the roof. Fixed when they did my first FREE oil change AT 500 MILES!

I've got the auto and I've driven it hard for over an hour on windy/hilly roads in 100+ degree temperatures (heat index over 110). Neither the engine or transmission got close to red. I know that's not the same as running on the track for an hour, but it does go to show that the problem isn't as bad as many have made it out to be. The Z06 does have more cooling than the Z51's prior to 2016, and I understand they are having more problems with heat in the auto.

We also have to remember that GM doesn't give every magazine a brand new car when they want to do a test. We have no clue how hard that Z06 had been driven or what the maint. record was. It could simply be that it had served its useful purpose for testing and was ready to be retired. For everyone of these mishaps with the Z06, there are many more excellent reviews and records being set by this car. Can you can focus your attention on the negative or look to all the positives. The LT engines are new but they are performing well. I doubt many will be disappointed if they buy a car with one in it.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:47 AM   #55
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Not sure why the Z06 issues are being brought up here, as that is the LT4, which seems to have some possible packing issues in the Z06 they need to solve. In the Caddy, the LT4 seems to be just fine as it's got better cooling.

As for the LT1, aren't pretty much all the issues on early '14 Corvettes? And didn't they find a production tolerance error they fixed? I'm pretty confident that by the time it hits the Camaro for '16, being that it's the LT1's third year that they should be good to go. I'm waiting till '17 to purchase regardless with the hopes of an 1LE.

Many engines can have issues, and as mentioned the internet seems to make issues worse then they are as people talk about what's bad, not what's good. Look at the Mustangs (and I am not knocking them as I own an '11 5.0 still) with the number 8 cylinder issue and oil change tick. If you read the forums you would think 3/4 of them have the issues. I know of nobody with either issue...now the MT-82 is another deal, that IS a complete piece of garbage.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:38 PM   #56
Cody6.2

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
All I can say is from experience on the BMW forums and experience with owning one myself. People who complain are the first to join forums, post information, and make out like failure rates are obscene and demand recalls. But the truth is people complain about things much quicker than they say how things work like they should. Especially things everyone takes for granted. There is no difference in any car forum I have ever been in.
This holds true for pretty much any circumstance these days. People are far more likely to complain than to compliment anything.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote