Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 09-04-2018, 12:45 PM   #29
MATTY-1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
manually input the sound management as stealth instead of sport or track and that should lower the decibels drastically

Past:
2008 C6 - heads/cam/boltons
2005 GTO - cam/boltons
MATTY-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:24 PM   #30
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Manual warns of nuclear meltdown if stealth mode is used on the track.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:01 PM   #31
desertmonkey

Drives: '17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollock View Post
What happens if you fail the sound thing. Do you have to go home?
2 Strike policy.
1st Strike ends your current session
2nd Strike gets you booted out of the event. i.e. If you blow it during session 1 and session 2 on a 2 day weekend, you lose both days.
desertmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 05:47 PM   #32
royriccomini

Drives: Zl1 1le
I have a ZL1 1LE. I get in sound management you can manually set exhaust note in silent but I want to try to install a switch that would do it while I'm on the track. The idea is to flip the switch while driving by the Laguna Seca sound booth then flip it back to track exhaust after the hill....Any ideas?
royriccomini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 06:05 PM   #33
RUPP250

Drives: 16 SILVER 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
Sadly the sound limit is a result of Urban Crawl. The people with the $500k+ homes that are near the track dont want to hear wailing exhaust all the time and thus the only option the track had in order to be able to stay open was to come up with a compromise.
I don't think you or some of the people posting here understand the housing around Laguna, plenty of $3M houses across the street, with one currently for sale at $18.5Million. These people have $$$ to influence local ordinances.
RUPP250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:16 PM   #34
Gasoline_Farts

Drives: 19 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by royriccomini View Post
I have a ZL1 1LE. I get in sound management you can manually set exhaust note in silent but I want to try to install a switch that would do it while I'm on the track. The idea is to flip the switch while driving by the Laguna Seca sound booth then flip it back to track exhaust after the hill....Any ideas?
yes.

built a remote switch to fuse 51 (if its the same in Zl1), when there is no power at fuse, flaps = open. Therefor you set it to silent, click the button you wire in and its loud, click it again and its quiet.

This sort of thing:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533021
Gasoline_Farts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:56 PM   #35
Gasoline_Farts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3adpool View Post
*Listens to my car exhaust.......*

*Scratches off Laguna Seca & Lime Rock Park from my bucket list*

#unpopularopinion both laguna and limerock are not great tracks, you’d be better off elsewhere. Sonoma, thunderhill are better. As far as north east I’m not familiar with what else is near limerock but you couldn’t go wrong with a trip to VIR or Road Atlanta.
Old 12-25-2018, 12:18 AM   #36
beedo

Drives: 18 2SS 1LE NFG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
It's a race track.

This would be like going to a Prius convention and checking to see who bathed.
OMG!!!! Hahhahahaha
beedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 01:38 AM   #37
R3ctivision
1LE Convert

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasoline_Farts View Post
#unpopularopinion both laguna and limerock are not great tracks, you’d be better off elsewhere. Sonoma, thunderhill are better. As far as north east I’m not familiar with what else is near limerock but you couldn’t go wrong with a trip to VIR or Road Atlanta.
That's probably true for a track day experience. However, I think Laguna is special primarily because it produces AMAZING races, and that sticks in people's minds. They want to drive where they watch great races happen. That being said, Laguna does have the Corkscrew. Never gets old. I think most of my favorite corners among the various tracks I've driven are the blind apex hill ones Laguna also does have some epic fast pucker turns which is a ton of fun in a powerful and grippy car.
R3ctivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 01:49 PM   #38
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
Quote:
Other than the sound limit, I like Lime Rock a lot. It's my second favorite track after Watkins Glen. Lime Rock is like a mini-Glen, with similar elevation changes. I've also done track days at New Jersey Motorsports Park (Thunderbolt), Loudon NH, Thompson Speedway, and Palmer Motorsports Park.

I'm sure VIR and Road Atlanta are good tracks too. From CT, both are a long haul: VIR is a 10 hour trip, while RA is 15 hours. In comparison, Watkins Glen is 6 hours away, while Lime Rock is 2 hours. And like I said, Lime Rock does have several unmuffled events every year, so I can easily make it there and back in the same day.
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 04:57 PM   #39
royriccomini

Drives: Zl1 1le
Quote:
yes.

built a remote switch to fuse 51 (if its the same in Zl1), when there is no power at fuse, flaps = open. Therefor you set it to silent, click the button you wire in and its loud, click it again and its quiet.

This sort of thing:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533021
Thanks!
royriccomini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:35 PM   #40
Mdell2

Drives: Yellow 18 SS 1LE
Sorry, no offense but you really need to move. That is ridiculous, sound meters at a RACE TRACK. California really has gone off the deep end.
Mdell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:48 PM   #41
Gasoline_Farts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdell2 View Post
Sorry, no offense but you really need to move. That is ridiculous, sound meters at a RACE TRACK. California really has gone off the deep end.
It’s not just California. Le circuit mont tremblant has had noise limits for years. It was such a problem with complaints that Stroll (track owner) had a mic installed with db readout directly linked to the police station.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:11 PM   #42
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Sounds limits at Limerock have been a thing for 15+ years.

Turn downs are common as are "traps" that you can insert/tack weld into turn down to kill more noise.

It's been shown that you don't need noise to have flow, properly muffled car can make just as much power.. w/o all the fkn noise. But we always go back, if its not noisy, it's not fast.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote