Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-10-2017, 01:43 AM   #15
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Glazes wash off too easily and mask a lot of imperfections, that's why they're great for a show but they're no good for coverage for a daily driver.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:14 AM   #16
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:
Originally Posted by katrinacop View Post
No ones mentioned Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze. I have a quart in the garage now and when I have time I plan on using it. I did a lot of reading on the subject and wanted the best product that doesn't "chemically bond" to the paint so I bought the Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze. Does anyone have any thoughts? Now I'm thinking I should have gone with Blackfire. Thanks in advance.
X2 it appears. I used this on all my Harley's for over 10-years. It was pretty good stuff, and it's been around for a while. I switched over to a different product a few years ago....
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:29 AM   #17
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Blackfire Crystal Sealant is good stuff...easy to use and looks awesome!
Ditto, here. I applied Blackfire Crystal Sealant almost a year ago and it is still almost perfect. I unintentionally missed a very small area on my car and thought I would leave it just to watch the difference between the treated and untreated surfaces. I am now a firm believer in the product.

I have only one question. Whey you're ready to re-coat the car, how do you prepare the surface? Do you have to remove the old sealant and if so...how?

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:44 AM   #18
flyboy9994

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
[QUOTE=ParisTNDude;9663927]Ditto, here. I applied Blackfire Crystal Sealant almost a year ago and it is still almost perfect. I unintentionally missed a very small area on my car and thought I would leave it just to watch the difference between the treated and untreated surfaces. I am now a firm believer in the product.

I have only one question. Whey you're ready to re-coat the car, how do you prepare the surface? Do you have to remove the old sealant and if so...how?[/QUOTE]

Removing old sealant is usually best accomplished with a good strip wash, clay bar the whole car and then machine polish. This will leave your paint totally naked and ready for a good sealer. It's a little time consuming but I was completely blown away by the results. I now do a full paint correction and re-seal twice a year. I also apply either a good wax or glaze on top of the sealant. Not really necessary but damn does it look great!

I'm somewhat partial to Adam's products. Yes they are expensive and probably a little overhyped but I have really good luck with their products. They also have some really good instructional videos on the Adam's website and also on youtube.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:04 AM   #19
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
Cquartz
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:58 AM   #20
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Crystal seal releases with Dawn dishwashing detergent. In my Dropbox below is a doc called "doing a 1 year old car"...... just a slight change from your original procedure......

Mine just went over a year in jan, so here's what I did:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475005
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote