Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-16-2016, 10:40 AM   #15
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
GM can absolutely do something about it.

What they can do is deny allocations to any dealer charging ADM's. They may not be able to regulate pricing directly, but they can twist the dealers arm and pinch them to the point that they stop.
No they can't.....I did that job for 20 years with 3 mfrs.....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 10:41 AM   #16
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
ADMs are nothing new and will never go away. A dealer is entitled to price his merchandise where he wants and the market will determine if it is reasonable or not.

Newly released high performance cars are particularly susceptible to huge ADMs but not the only ones. Remember the furor over the new Beetle? The new PT Cruiser? Etc? Hard to believe now but even those dealers were getting a big ADM on their inventory when first introduced.

Just be patient - you will see the pricing below MSRP in a matter of months. Some on here have actually already bought below MSRP so it's just a matter of waiting and shopping around.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 10:41 AM   #17
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post

GM cannot show bias to one dealer over another for anything other than objective sales figures, volume, and regional trend data.

If they attempt to - state franchise laws will strangle them....ask Honda....
Old 11-16-2016, 10:43 AM   #18
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
If you ask a high price and someone comes along and pays it that doesn't make you evil. It would if there was a monopoly and the customer had no choice. This is just the market at work. I see some wishful thinking here but no one is taking advantage of anyone.
Exactly. Impatience is expensive. For some, being the first on the block to get one is more important than price. Heck, some folks will take pride that they paid the extra ten grand to be the first, just to say that they can, and why not, they worked hard to put themselves in that position, or won the lottery, whatever. Easy enough to find a dealer that doesn't mark them up, or just wait until they fall off. Can't blame them for trying to get "free money".
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 10:44 AM   #19
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Am I the only one who is OK with this? I just won't buy it. America is a Free Market society (or at least we like to think we are) and if someone is willing to pony up for it, let them. Just don't expect me to and don't expect me to do business with your dealership. But if we are allowed to negotiate under MSRP, let the dealer try to get over MSRP for a low volume car.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 10:53 AM   #20
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Let the hype die out. These cars will be sitting on the lots by next summer in all configurations. DON'T PAY ADM. <--- Straight dealer rip off.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:13 AM   #21
Reichler

Drives: 2004 GTO & 2005 GTO
It's called supply and demand folks. If "x" dealer has 10 people asking for a new ZL1, and they can only get one, then guess what happens? The car will get sold to the highest bidder. As long as the demand outpaces supply, then this will continue to happen.

Same could be said about someone selling a house in a very popular area with a low supply of houses for sale.

Some people will scoff at this, but if you want something badly, and so do a lot of other people, then this is what happens in a free market.
Reichler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 11:16 AM   #22
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Am I the only one who is OK with this? I just won't buy it. America is a Free Market society (or at least we like to think we are) and if someone is willing to pony up for it, let them. Just don't expect me to and don't expect me to do business with your dealership. But if we are allowed to negotiate under MSRP, let the dealer try to get over MSRP for a low volume car.
No, but we are becoming very scarce. Profit is evil. Capitalism is evil. People trying to make more money than someone else are gouging.What people forget, or maybe never knew is that every single time prices are fixed or regulated in some way it has hurt the consumer. It's very simple. If you don't want to get "gouged" be an educated consumer.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:25 AM   #23
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Dodge seemed to do a pretty good job at it with the Hellcats.

All I'm saying if GM really wanted to, they could find a way to control the ADM's on these things via legitimate sales data.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 11:33 AM   #24
Glen e

Quote:

All I'm saying if GM really wanted to, they could find

a way to control the ADM's on these things via legitimate sales data.
You have no idea behind the scenes what happened with the hellcat situation.i don't either.

"All I'm saying "… Is what is said above, there are absolute hard and fast legal state laws that prohibit the manufacture from taking any move against the dealer that raises the price of the product. Ask Honda in the 90's, ask BMW with the M3 situation in Chicago in 2009, or the Fort Lauderdale situation with an M5 against the Dascal group in 2014, the mfrs all lost In court.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:33 AM   #25
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:

All I'm saying if GM really wanted to, they could find a way to control the ADM's on these things via legitimate sales data.
What did Dodge do? Every HC I looked at in 2015 had AT LEAST a 10K ADM on it.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 11:39 AM   #26
SpeedIsLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
What did Dodge do? Every HC I looked at in 2015 had AT LEAST a 10K ADM on it.
http://gas2.org/2015/03/06/dodge-hel...shady-dealers/

Specifically..

Quote:
To cope with dealer mark-ups, the manufacturer won’t ship another Dodge Hellcat to a dealer who has an unsold car sitting on its lot for more than 5 days. Without additional charges, demand is so strong that virtually all available cars are sold as soon as they are delivered to dealers.
That's one way Dodge was fighting ADM's.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:40 AM   #27
SpeedIsLife

Quote:
You have no idea behind the scenes what happened with the hellcat situation.i don't either.

"All I'm saying "… Is what is said above, there are absolute hard and fast legal state laws that prohibit the manufacture from taking any move against the dealer that raises the price of the product. Ask Honda in the 90's, ask BMW with the M3 situation in Chicago in 2009, or the Fort Lauderdale situation with an M5 against the Dascal group in 2014, the mfrs all lost In court.
Actually Dodge made it pretty clear how they were "discouraging" ADM's.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:44 AM   #28
Glen e

Quote:
Actually Dodge made it pretty clear how they were "discouraging" ADM's.
You can discourage it all day long, and any of the meetings I had with hundreds of dealers across United States I always told them it was a short-term stupid move. However if they want to continue to do it , there was not a damn thing I could do about it ....That was with Honda, BMW, and Porsche as a regional rep and what my corporate counsel in every company instructed me to do.