Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 11-10-2016, 12:49 PM   #15
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
You'll see more pressure loss with a larger intercooler (more space to fill). Boost is a measure of restriction, and the factory piece is probably a minor restriction even though it has a pretty good end tank design.
I hear yah, and said the same things about the end tanks (decent design for a stock piece)
Also, hoping that with a better design and not going massive we could see similar if not even less of a pressure drop from a quality aftermarket piece... I'm looking forward to Mishimoto posting their findings on the stock unit and seeing how their larger one will compare.

Lets hope we see some testing with the stock charge pipes in place....
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:17 PM   #16
Mishimoto
Account Suspended

Drives: Mostly Stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
I hear yah, and said the same things about the end tanks (decent design for a stock piece)
Also, hoping that with a better design and not going massive we could see similar if not even less of a pressure drop from a quality aftermarket piece... I'm looking forward to Mishimoto posting their findings on the stock unit and seeing how their larger one will compare.

Lets hope we see some testing with the stock charge pipes in place....
We'll definitely be doing testing both with stock and Mishi charge pipes! And to your point earlier, it is sometimes very possible to improve temperature AND pressure drop - we just accomplished that in spades with our new intercooler for the 2011-14 Ford F-150 EcoBoost trucks. Hoping for something similar out of this project - we shall see!

I'll shoot you guys the info once we've got it available after testing.

Thanks,
-Gardiner
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 02:41 PM   #17
Corner carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
We'll definitely be doing testing both with stock and Mishi charge pipes! And to your point earlier, it is sometimes very possible to improve temperature AND pressure drop - we just accomplished that in spades with our new intercooler for the 2011-14 Ford F-150 EcoBoost trucks. Hoping for something similar out of this project - we shall see!

I'll shoot you guys the info once we've got it available after testing.

Thanks,
-Gardiner
Those are some impressive results for the f150 ecoboost... Fingers crossed that kinda goodness is in store for our 2.0turbo!
Old 11-17-2016, 10:40 AM   #18
Mishimoto
Account Suspended

Drives: Mostly Stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
Those are some impressive results for the f150 ecoboost... Fingers crossed that kinda goodness is in store for our 2.0turbo!
Thank you! Yep, fingers crossed - I've got some cool updates in store on that so keep your eyes peeled on the thread.

-Gardiner
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 10:45 AM   #19
Corner carver

Now I'm genuinely excited!
Old 05-14-2018, 05:56 AM   #20
Thandel
ATS 2.0T

Drives: 2013 Cadillac ATS
Did my own with my ATS mine is awd and a lot tighter due to that but it’s not difficult if you have knowledge of removing body panels probably a lot easier on your Camaro idk how much room is between your front cover and rebar but the ATS has so much room I could have gone 12 inches deep lol idk how to attach a photo but there are pics in my “garage”

Last edited by Thandel; 05-14-2018 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Added photo
Thandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:14 AM   #21
Thandel
ATS 2.0T

Got the photo can’t do it in quick reply I guess
Since the rad and condenser are the same on the 6 it’s made to be able to retain all the factory mounting. Even the plastics are close enough to get to work.. a bit of a pain to do that rad.. you’re supposed to drop it out the bottom I did it in my small garage never even jacked it up was able to pull from the top I do highly recommend getting a full aluminum rad fabricated bc those plastic side tanks will eventually leak.. and if you’re pulling the factory IC anyway you are removing the rad. You need to pull the front cover and under covers to get to 2 10 mills on the sides. I used 1/8 aluminum angle to mount to the factory rebar mounts behind the rebar. I used the factory charge pipe and hot side for now.. just used adaptors for it. I’ll eventually be running the bigger throttle body kit and larger turbo at that point I’ll change the hot and cold size. I can def say the iat went down significantly when I did it. Right now she is off the road until I fab up an internal pcv adaptor just waiting on my lathe at this point.
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2018, 07:57 AM   #22
StPeteHyper2.0

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thandel View Post
Got the photo can’t do it in quick reply I guess
Since the rad and condenser are the same on the 6 it’s made to be able to retain all the factory mounting. Even the plastics are close enough to get to work.. a bit of a pain to do that rad.. you’re supposed to drop it out the bottom I did it in my small garage never even jacked it up was able to pull from the top I do highly recommend getting a full aluminum rad fabricated bc those plastic side tanks will eventually leak.. and if you’re pulling the factory IC anyway you are removing the rad. You need to pull the front cover and under covers to get to 2 10 mills on the sides. I used 1/8 aluminum angle to mount to the factory rebar mounts behind the rebar. I used the factory charge pipe and hot side for now.. just used adaptors for it. I’ll eventually be running the bigger throttle body kit and larger turbo at that point I’ll change the hot and cold size. I can def say the iat went down significantly when I did it. Right now she is off the road until I fab up an internal pcv adaptor just waiting on my lathe at this point.
Where did that radiator come from? I was waiting on Mishi's but they bailed put
StPeteHyper2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 04:31 PM   #23
Thandel
ATS 2.0T

To be 100 percent honest it was a steal.. basically my job requires me to go to all different shops all the time. I saw it sitting there looked at the welds etc.. thought damn that looks like my oem one.. basically the guy fabbed it up used the wrong fittings for the trans lines. I said how much he said I charge 600 I said nope he said oh the customer wouldn’t take it with needing adaptors. So I said ok how much if I take it I’ll find adaptors 250. Done.. adaptors took a few days to find.
Aka I got lucky

Last edited by Thandel; 05-14-2018 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Changed spelling
Old 05-14-2018, 07:55 PM   #24
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
You a snap-on dealer ,Thandel or something completely different..

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:57 PM   #25
Thandel
ATS 2.0T

I’m an insurance estimator. Our policies only cover so much aftermarket parts like 1k and if a car has something on it that is aftermarket I’ll have to call for pricing etc. if I can’t reach via phone I’ll pop into a fab shop get my prices and bs with them for a while. I was a mechanic for a while, then an auto body guy.. then I realized I hated working on mine when I got home from work.. it was just more work.. now I go write my estimate talk shop get home and enjoy tooling with mine. I love Learning about cars and working with my hands want to be able to share that with the kids so it works well for me.

The biggest perk is I have a work provided car and my wife has the Mazda 5 for the kids so it’s not a big deal to take mine off the road while I play with it.

I also get to see the work areas of the shops... I legally have to be very careful what I say about shops I visit.. but it’s amazing how many places I go to that people
On the forums rave about for custom fab exhausts and tunes I see these shops and their workspace their people and lets just say I wouldn’t bring mine to a single shop in northern jersey I have visited.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:03 PM   #26
Thandel
ATS 2.0T

All that red silicone is embarrassing btw.. but all for testing purposes once I have everything working correctly I’m going to be running 1/4 aluminum tube 3 catch cans an fittings.. the intake will be all aluminum. Etc.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:29 PM   #27
Jsmalls8212@gmail.com

Drives: 2019 camaro 1lt RS
Intercooler upgrade

Hey guys new to this forum, also couldn't get my current photos to upload. I'll look into that later. I have 2019 ltg rs package with CAI, exhaust with magnaflow glasspacks and a catless downpipe and I had it dynojet tuned. So onto the intercooler topic. My tuner suggested to me if I do anything else it should be an intercooler upgrade which also I live in Florida and it gets really hot in the summer. Now cool thing is I found a nice one that Rev 9 makes and it's direct replacement. So that's the one I am going to pick up here real soon. Also my tuner said the upgraded intercooler doesn't need a retune.
Jsmalls8212@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:27 PM   #28
Casimiro

Drives: 16 Cadillac ATS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmalls8212@gmail.com View Post
Hey guys new to this forum, also couldn't get my current photos to upload. I'll look into that later. I have 2019 ltg rs package with CAI, exhaust with magnaflow glasspacks and a catless downpipe and I had it dynojet tuned. So onto the intercooler topic. My tuner suggested to me if I do anything else it should be an intercooler upgrade which also I live in Florida and it gets really hot in the summer. Now cool thing is I found a nice one that Rev 9 makes and it's direct replacement. So that's the one I am going to pick up here real soon. Also my tuner said the upgraded intercooler doesn't need a retune.

Check out ZZPerformance. You won't be disappointed.
Casimiro is offline   Reply With Quote