Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-29-2017, 06:46 PM   #15
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
I am planning to get Multimatics because of that So I can do something like -1.5 front camber and add additional -1.5 camber from the OEM camber plate
Yup, I'll be getting the DSSV's as well when they're released. The camber plates are a short term solution. Maybe they'll work on the DSSV as well which would be nice.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:39 PM   #16
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
As Cem suggested 3.3 might be an over kill.
I have 2.6 and Cup2s on right now and they are wearing evenly. I believe Michelin suggests 3 as very max. Also note that more camber will increase the rake (as Sean suggested) and change you balance. Just FYI.
EDIT:
Good review and pix - thanks for that!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:29 AM   #17
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
I'm not talking about the camber adding rake, I'm talking specifically about these camber plates allowing 1/2" drop via a spacer.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:04 PM   #18
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Yup, I'll be getting the DSSV's as well when they're released. The camber plates are a short term solution. Maybe they'll work on the DSSV as well which would be nice.
DSSVs are already coming with the camber plates so that you can change the front camber on the fly (add or remove -1.7 degree )

Quote:
The other half of the chassis performance comes from Canadian supplier Multimatic in the form of aluminum-bodied spool-valve dampers. Not only do they provide an elegant and passive way to vary damping force, the inverted struts provide a means to achieve race-car-like negative camber at the front end. Via a trick method to switch back and forth between street and track settings, the ball-jointed and forged-aluminum top mounts of the front struts are adjustable to increase negative camber by 1.7 degrees. To set the car to track camber, jack one corner, remove an alignment pin in the wheel well and the three bolts at the top of the strut tower under the matte-black hood, twist the top mount 180 degrees (it has a dual bolt pattern), reattach, and—voilà—instant camber. Combined with fairly common eccentric alignment bolts, the ZL1 1LE can have as much as 3.7 degrees of negative front camber, although Chevy recommends negative 2.7 on the track
taken from here:
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 05:14 PM   #19
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Quote:
DSSVs are already coming with the camber plates so that you can change the front camber on the fly (add or remove -1.7 degree )

taken from here:
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review
I knew about the on the fly adjustment with them but I read it to mean that it was an adjustment of 1.7* and that was a fixed adjustment at the tower and any tuning would still need to be done at the knuckle. I'd like to still have the ability to dial it in at the tower and keep the knuckle fixed like these camber plates allow for.

Maybe I'm wrong though and the DSSV is adjustable at he tower by more than just 2 settings.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:16 PM   #20
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Quote:
I knew about the on the fly adjustment with them but I read it to mean that it was an adjustment of 1.7* and that was a fixed adjustment at the tower and any tuning would still need to be done at the knuckle. I'd like to still have the ability to dial it in at the tower and keep the knuckle fixed like these camber plates allow for.

Maybe I'm wrong though and the DSSV is adjustable at he tower by more than just 2 settings.
It's adjustable at the tower.
Attached Images

Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 05:50 PM   #21
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post
It's adjustable at the tower.
Yes, I know, but that pic looks to confirm my believe that it is only adjustable in 1.7* increments instead of being infinitely adjustable (within range) like camber plates are. Thanks for the pic.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:52 PM   #22
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Quote:
Yes, I know, but that pic looks to confirm my believe that it is only adjustable in 1.7* increments instead of being infinitely adjustable (within range) like camber plates are. Thanks for the pic.
Gotcha, yep.
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:24 PM   #23
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
To those wondering about the .5" drop, we are working on machined aluminum rear adjustable lower control arms with the ability to lower ride height in the rear by .5" and adjust rear camber to go along with the camber plates. this will give you guys a way to lower ride height .5" all around without changing spring rate stay tuned for that
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:46 PM   #24
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreno Motorsports View Post
To those wondering about the .5" drop, we are working on machined aluminum rear adjustable lower control arms with the ability to lower ride height in the rear by .5" and adjust rear camber to go along with the camber plates. this will give you guys a way to lower ride height .5" all around without changing spring rate stay tuned for that
Aluminum Rear LCA's?
Old 07-30-2017, 07:15 PM   #25
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Excellent.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:39 PM   #26
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreno Motorsports View Post
FYI, you mean pre-load. ...and I'm also very interested assuming they also move the damper itself 1/2". Maintaining compression travel is critical to doing it right.

Will these be spherical bearing too?
Old 07-31-2017, 03:59 AM   #27
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
I see. Each his own course. I actually prefer having only one adjustment for simplicity and being able to change it without taking to an alignment shop.
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:27 AM   #28
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
I see. Each his own course. I actually prefer having only one adjustment for simplicity and being able to change it without taking to an alignment shop.
They both have their advantages. The Multimatic's make it fairly easy to switch front camber at the track and only mess up the toe a little bit, whereas the camber plates need an alignment rack to get it right and symmetrical.

Cem, when you do your rack alignment with the Multimatic's, you'll have to choose when you want your toe to be correct, track or street setting. Moving from track to street setting will increase toe-out a smidge.