Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-12-2015, 11:45 AM   #15
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkha View Post
He did tell me "early" 2016. The concern was clearance with lowering kit and ground effects splitter.
The regular lowering kit only lowers the car about 3/4", I would assume the kit for the MRC would be no more then that, maybe 1". That really doesn't effect ground clearance all that much...sounds like it's something else. Not to mention if you lower your car it's your responsibility to be careful, just like it would be if it wasn't...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 08:56 AM   #16
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
I'm really watching this 6th Gen lowering kit for MRC...

I've been holding off putting lowering springs on my car because I did not want to upset the OEM calibration of the MRC PTM modes...

If GM ends up allowing lowering kits without any ECM "re-tuning" of the MRC modes then it's game on.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 10:30 AM   #17
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
They will Kaboom. MRC will need ECM retuning for it to work right as they have to add the lowering kit drop to it for it's calibration. Unless... It automatically picks up the difference and calculates from that point on which will NOT surprise me AT ALL. It is a godly system after all.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:36 AM   #18
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
They will Kaboom. MRC will need ECM retuning for it to work right as they have to add the lowering kit drop to it for it's calibration. Unless... It automatically picks up the difference and calculates from that point on which will NOT surprise me AT ALL. It is a godly system after all.
This has been something I've been wondering as well for a while now.

We'll see what they come out with.

Thanks for your feedback.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:21 AM   #19
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
MRC will need ECM retuning for it to work right as they have to add the lowering kit drop to it for it's calibration.
Why do you say this? From what I understand, MRC only controls the damping rate of the shocks, has nothing to do with the ride height or lowering springs... Maybe a ZL1 owner with lowered stance can chime in here.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:09 PM   #20
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemosfet View Post
Why do you say this? From what I understand, MRC only controls the damping rate of the shocks, has nothing to do with the ride height or lowering springs... Maybe a ZL1 owner with lowered stance can chime in here.
I bet most ZL1 owners who are lowered will say no effect but I still wonder....

I'm willing to bet it does effect the PTM modes in some way.....it's just so small effect that most average drivers can't tell the difference.

If you track the car 10+ times a year I bet you could tell the difference....
Old 11-17-2015, 03:44 PM   #21
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
I bet most ZL1 owners who are lowered will say no effect but I still wonder....

I'm willing to bet it does effect the PTM modes in some way.....it's just so small effect that most average drivers can't tell the difference.

If you track the car 10+ times a year I bet you could tell the difference....
Perfectly written!

On a regular street driving, I couldn't tell you the difference honestly. But if you track your vehicle and always go to the same track you will be able to see the difference.

I don't see myself hitting the track often so I don't think I will be bothering with the ride height this time around. It isn't too high, it isn't too low at the moment but I will be a better judge when chevy does release their lowering spring for the MRC. If it drops it by 0.25 or 0.50 or maybe even 1.00 i just may do it... We shall see when the time comes! I do love having a non lower performance car... Don't have to worry about angles of curbs and what not right now so it is nice lol.
Build thread HERE!
Old 11-17-2015, 04:31 PM   #22
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Quote:
Perfectly written!

On a regular street driving, I couldn't tell you the difference honestly. But if you track your vehicle and always go to the same track you will be able to see the difference.

I don't see myself hitting the track often so I don't think I will be bothering with the ride height this time around. It isn't too high, it isn't too low at the moment but I will be a better judge when chevy does release their lowering spring for the MRC. If it drops it by 0.25 or 0.50 or maybe even 1.00 i just may do it... We shall see when the time comes! I do love having a non lower performance car... Don't have to worry about angles of curbs and what not right now so it is nice lol.

I was going to ask you about entering and exiting driveways....no issues I assume with scrapping the front of the car?
Old 11-17-2015, 04:56 PM   #23
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
I was going to ask you about entering and exiting driveways....no issues I assume with scrapping the front of the car?
Absolutely NO problems! Why I am loving the stock ride height lol. To measure it, I took a picture with my wifes iphone 6. Ground clearance is the same height as the iphone6.
Build thread HERE!
Old 11-17-2015, 07:07 PM   #24
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
One of the first things I want to do is lower mine. They just sit too high stock for my taste, and a 1" or so drop looks fantastic...
Attached Images

SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:26 PM   #25
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
One of the first things I want to do is lower mine. They just sit too high stock for my taste, and a 1" or so drop looks fantastic...
I agree.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:19 AM   #26
Sandor
Chevrolet Performance

Drives: Camaro Chroma
Here's a link for the lowering kit as well as other parts from Chevrolet Performance:

http://www.chevrolet.com/performance...arts/2016.html
Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:14 AM   #27
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandor View Post
Here's a link for the lowering kit as well as other parts from Chevrolet Performance:

http://www.chevrolet.com/performance...arts/2016.html
So how much and when is available?
BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 11:22 AM   #28
Sandor
Chevrolet Performance

Drives: Camaro Chroma
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
So how much and when is available?
Coming early 2016, pricing to be announced. See links below:

http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/...-concepts.html