Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-31-2015, 06:42 AM   #15
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
I think he was making a funny with the ringer and weight bit.. Mocking.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:51 AM   #16
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
The only fault I can really find with the article is that they didn't make it explicitly clear, based on those captures, that they were comparing the 8 speed auto vs the 6 speed manual Mustang.

Otherwise those top gear 50-70 runs, out of context, seem utterly sensational.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:50 AM   #17
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
I think he was making a funny with the ringer and weight bit.. Mocking.
I was just saying it before you the trolls do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:01 AM   #18
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Being a auto against 6 speed the top gear speeds are not relevant, but the rest are a good idea of both. To bad Ford won't make a PP auto.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:41 AM   #19
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
Being a auto against 6 speed the top gear speeds are not relevant, but the rest are a good idea of both. To bad Ford won't make a PP auto.
Hopefully they will when the 10 speed bows...

It wouldn't be smart to not go after every sale and dollar they can
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 04:57 PM   #20
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quarter mile times of 12.3 for the Camaro, and 13.0 for the GT says it all! The S550 crowd are loosing their minds, they can't deal with this, can't process it. The excuses are flying. Their Mods are deleting posts at a frantic rate. It must be a great time to be a aftermarket parts supplier for the Mustang.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 06:20 PM   #21
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Quarter mile times of 12.3 for the Camaro, and 13.0 for the GT says it all! The S550 crowd are loosing their minds, they can't deal with this, can't process it. The excuses are flying. Their Mods are deleting posts at a frantic rate. It must be a great time to be a aftermarket parts supplier for the Mustang.
Some have resorted to still calling them ringers.

Also pre production models that will gain another 100lbs.

Also using online calculators to show that it is impossible for the Camaro to run 12.3@ 116.

Using the vette as an example comparing its manual time to the Camaros a8 time to say the Camaro is a ringer. All the while disregarding the fact that the vette has run as fast as 11.3-4 hero run private owner. its pure comedy.

The Camaro will be the first car in history that can run as fast or faster than its mag times. WTF seriously?

Its really comedy at its best.

I cant wait till private owners in negative DA start knocking down even faster times and trap speeds.

Guessing they will just call all of those results lies as well.

Lots of them are pretty level headed...but man a few of them look like butt hurt children plain and simple.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:18 PM   #22
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Hopefully they will when the 10 speed bows...

It wouldn't be smart to not go after every sale and dollar they can
They would definitely make me cross shop if they did. As it stands, auto GT has no appeal to me.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:03 PM   #23
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
I find it funny, how people talk about how X will "crush" Y, and so on... If 0.7 seconds difference in the quarter mile is "crushing" it, then what does the Camaro/Mustang do to, say, a Hyundai Sonata? Super-crush? Double super secret crush?

Don't get me wrong, one is certainly faster than the other (camaro vs mustang), but the other is still crazy fast, crazy performance! People are like "no appeal to me" but if you had your choice, a free hyundai sonata or a free ford mustang, which would you pick? Which one would have more appeal?

On a scale of 0 to 100, 0 being the least appealing car, 100 being the most, we're talking about two vehicles which are only a few digits apart, both of which are above the "hyundai sonata" numbers.

(apologies to the Hyundai Sonata, which is actually a very decent vehicle, and, frankly, a stunning reflection of modern engineering.)
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:11 PM   #24
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemosfet View Post
I find it funny, how people talk about how X will "crush" Y, and so on... If 0.7 seconds difference in the quarter mile is "crushing" it, then what does the Camaro/Mustang do to, say, a Hyundai Sonata? Super-crush? Double super secret crush?

Don't get me wrong, one is certainly faster than the other (camaro vs mustang), but the other is still crazy fast, crazy performance! People are like "no appeal to me" but if you had your choice, a free hyundai sonata or a free ford mustang, which would you pick? Which one would have more appeal?

On a scale of 0 to 100, 0 being the least appealing car, 100 being the most, we're talking about two vehicles which are only a few digits apart, both of which are above the "hyundai sonata" numbers.

(apologies to the Hyundai Sonata, which is actually a very decent vehicle, and, frankly, a stunning reflection of modern engineering.)
But I don't have a choice between a crap sedan and a Mustang. I have a choice between a Camaro and a Mustang autos. And in this case one clearly has more performance than the other. The other handicaps it's auto on purpose from having better than a family sedan handling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:13 PM   #25
ChefBorOzzy

I'll buy a Camaro just because of the tards on the other forum so I can weigh it and run it down the strip against my buddy's GT PP.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:13 PM   #26
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemosfet View Post

I don't think you understand how different that 0.7 second feels. These cars aren't in the same league

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:42 PM   #27
ChefBorOzzy

So many interesting theories.. Too funny. So, they claim the 2011-2014 Mustang annihilated the 5th gen Camaro, but 6th vs 6th is close according to early reviews? Isn't there a bigger performance difference in a straight line than there was in the 5th gen cars, except now it's in easily in Camaro's favor.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:08 PM   #28
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
I don't think you understand how different that 0.7 second feels. These cars aren't in the same league
Oh, don't get me wrong, I know that 0.7 is quite a difference, I was about 1.3 seconds quicker after I supercharged my previous car.

But, even before the blower, it was still an incredibly fast machine, compared to nearly every other car on the road. That 1.3 seconds made it that much faster, but I'm not going to say that the performance gap between the camaro and the mustang is as dramatic as the difference between a mustang and nearly every other car on the road.

Maybe I just take it personally, because I would like to see a Ford muscle car next to my GM and Mopar in the garage one day, but any time I see the implied attitude that "because x is this much better, y is the worst thing ever" I cringe a little bit. No, the Mustang is still an incredible machine with awesome acceleration and handling, especially compared to the sports cars I grew up with.

Anyway, , does Car and Driver do video reviews? I tend to enjoy those a bit more, since they tend to convey emotion a bit better.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote