Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-15-2017, 08:44 AM   #183
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
2 days later and still no slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
I still have issues with the...........fan boys over on the 'other' forum who keep claiming a e85 tune and tire will run down a Zl1. They are swearing by it.
That thinking was incubated on this forum, why you guys even acknowledged that claim is beyond me. No one in their right mind thinks that, they were trying to ruffle feathers....it worked.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:46 AM   #184
ISHLISS
Chevy & Ford Enthusiast

Drives: '21 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
LOL....weird how people blindly loyal to one car manufacturer can twist things to their favor isn't it?

Sucks its only the Camaro camp though. At least things on M6G are always factually based, objective, and civil.

Surprised you don't spend all your time over there actually.
I actually spend a lot more time on mustang 6 then camaro 6. (mostly due to the fact the camaro forum is mostly vendors and not a whole lot of new material to read) BUT saying they are more civil is an out right lie lol they cant go 10 min without mentioning the camaro in some shape or form. While I agree this smack talk on the camaro forum has been terrible lately (makes you look bad guys, so knock it off) saying the other forum is guilt free is laughable.
ISHLISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:49 AM   #185
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISHLISS View Post
I actually spend a lot more time on mustang 6 then camaro 6. (mostly due to the fact the camaro forum is mostly vendors and not a whole lot of new material to read) BUT saying they are more civil is an out right lie lol they cant go 10 min without mentioning the camaro in some shape or form. While I agree this smack talk on the camaro forum has been terrible lately (makes you look bad guys, so knock it off) saying the other forum is guilt free is laughable.
I think saying the other forum is fair was sarcasm.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:12 AM   #186
TEEZYSS

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 2SS
Ahhh I love when new platforms come out and everyone tries to corner the market.

So real talk.....

LMR'S car ran in negative DA when it made its passes both stock 12.0@117 and modded. I live right down the road from that track. The car was also tuned when it made its 11.8-11.9 passes. Know some peeps that work there. Was also done at a track rental Not taking anything away from the times..

But again everyone is out to corner the market right now.

HEMI on youtube trapped 119 in -1300 DA. He even posted the DA during the video. There have been 6th gens that have done the same.

Both Beefcake and Carlyle went 12.3's@115 on drag packs bone stock. they ran the DA's were 500 and down into the negatives.

Funny that Beefcakes car on 100hp shot went 123 mph and somehow LUND's E85 TUNE also went 123.. e85 is like nitrous now.

The real deal is that right now just like every other car that comes out they will be all over the place. There will be shops posting up insane times that will draw people into buying their products. And things are usually alittle skewed... Its just business. Some will run good times and some wont.

All 6th gens don't run 11's and all 18's aren't gonna trap 119 stock. Yes DA makes a massive difference along with the track ,the prep and the driver. People that can do track rentals have a drastic advantage over everyone no matter what the car is....

we could all run better times at a track rental in -1400 DA at a track prepped so street tires get crazy 60fts. And some could benefit from better drivers running their cars

Every car no matter the brand is all over the map. 6th gens have trapped 110-120 bone stock. Hell my GF's stock 17 was quicker the my stock 16 ss and both are A8's. There is a kid named SAL that posts on youtube with his stock A8 SS. Has run a handful of stock 18's from a dig and a roll. Has pulled some from a roll and even pulled around some from a dig. He has also been beat by one. Which tells you they also have a gap in MPH and ET.

Are they a better car then the 6TH GEN........................that comes down to the people that have owned and or driven both. The 6th gen is 2 years old and has the A8. The 18 is brand new and has the A10 with alittle more weight.

Don't get caught up in the hype.... only thing that really matters is what they do in your area or track. I have coyote owners all around me barking that FBO E85 coyotes runs low 11's and trap 125 yet at the track they run 12's between 117-119. Listen to them say stock they run mid 12's and watching them run low 13's and barely 12.9's.

I also see guys posting 1.7 60ft's on F1's in 6th gen's but at my local tracks its 1.9-2.0's.

Real world..............take every race one at a time. You may race 2 cars with the same mods and one could be faster then the other.
GFORCE DRIVESHAFT,LME 174 T-STAT,ATI UDP up next...
TEEZYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:03 AM   #187
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
2 days later and still no slip

That thinking was incubated on this forum, why you guys even acknowledged that claim is beyond me. No one in their right mind thinks that, they were trying to ruffle feathers....it worked.
Details are being withheld for the magazine article apparently

But yet they post a video lol

Gonna be funny as hell if there’s more to this story
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:04 AM   #188
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
I don't really care how they look at me or us over here. They're the ones who keep coming over here making accounts to argue and troll. How many of us have gone over there or even care enough to look at what they post? LOL!! I get what you're saying and all. But I'm not on here to impress them and I don't care if I look bad to them. They're the exact same as us. It's just reversed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEEZYSS View Post
Ahhh I love when new platforms come out and everyone tries to corner the market.

So real talk.....

LMR'S car ran in negative DA when it made its passes both stock 12.0@117 and modded. I live right down the road from that track. The car was also tuned when it made its 11.8-11.9 passes. Know some peeps that work there. Was also done at a track rental Not taking anything away from the times..

But again everyone is out to corner the market right now.

HEMI on youtube trapped 119 in -1300 DA. He even posted the DA during the video. There have been 6th gens that have done the same.

Both Beefcake and Carlyle went 12.3's@115 on drag packs bone stock. they ran the DA's were 500 and down into the negatives.

Funny that Beefcakes car on 100hp shot went 123 mph and somehow LUND's E85 TUNE also went 123.. e85 is like nitrous now.

The real deal is that right now just like every other car that comes out they will be all over the place. There will be shops posting up insane times that will draw people into buying their products. And things are usually alittle skewed... Its just business. Some will run good times and some wont.

All 6th gens don't run 11's and all 18's aren't gonna trap 119 stock. Yes DA makes a massive difference along with the track ,the prep and the driver. People that can do track rentals have a drastic advantage over everyone no matter what the car is....

we could all run better times at a track rental in -1400 DA at a track prepped so street tires get crazy 60fts. And some could benefit from better drivers running their cars

Every car no matter the brand is all over the map. 6th gens have trapped 110-120 bone stock. Hell my GF's stock 17 was quicker the my stock 16 ss and both are A8's. There is a kid named SAL that posts on youtube with his stock A8 SS. Has run a handful of stock 18's from a dig and a roll. Has pulled some from a roll and even pulled around some from a dig. He has also been beat by one. Which tells you they also have a gap in MPH and ET.

Are they a better car then the 6TH GEN........................that comes down to the people that have owned and or driven both. The 6th gen is 2 years old and has the A8. The 18 is brand new and has the A10 with alittle more weight.

Don't get caught up in the hype.... only thing that really matters is what they do in your area or track. I have coyote owners all around me barking that FBO E85 coyotes runs low 11's and trap 125 yet at the track they run 12's between 117-119. Listen to them say stock they run mid 12's and watching them run low 13's and barely 12.9's.

I also see guys posting 1.7 60ft's on F1's in 6th gen's but at my local tracks its 1.9-2.0's.

Real world..............take every race one at a time. You may race 2 cars with the same mods and one could be faster then the other.
To me these shops running these times are like when a cai brand says that their intake made 26 rwhp over stock and post the dyno video and dyno graph. Then an actual person buys one and does a back to back pull and it only makes 5-10 hp, sometimes 0, and sometimes takes away hp. So that is how these runs are looking to me. It is all advertisement for Ford and the company. And the fact that you have to get a specific GT with a specific set of options and then do this and that to me seems weird. Like they made a small amount of GTs that actually COULD do these times in spectacular conditions but the vast majority of them will come without those options and won't be able to come anywhere close. VS the SS where you can just buy one and have a low 12 capable car regardless. And again, even if they do manage to beat the SS in the quarter mile, it is still a one trick pony because that will be all it can do. It'll be like a slow, cheap, underpowered, Mustang version of a Hellcat.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:07 AM   #189
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
HAHAHA...the entire post was pure satire. Just pointing out the ridiculous hypocrisy of it all.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:10 AM   #190
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Full on circle jerk now

They are talking about displacement you know they are excited. And also know they don’t understand how engines work.

Put a 2 valve head on it and see how much air it pumps. Oh wait they already tried that. Got stomped. How about 3? Got stomped. How about 4. Ok now we got something

If they had a 2 valve pushrod 302 making 460 hp they would have bragging rights. They don’t. Totally different engines and designs. The last 302 pushrod was what 220 hp? Fake news for mustang circle jerk

The design is more efficient in making hp per displacement. Because it has 4 valve head and turns more rpm. The lt1 2 valve head but pushes more air through bigger cylinders. 2 different approaches both get the job done. But claiming superiority based on only displacement is asinine. It’s the same as me doing it just because the lt1 is still 16 valve.

In the end the sbc is the overwhelming choice for most hot rodders around the world because of its compact design. It will simply fit into more projects more easily
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:33 AM   #191
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Full on circle jerk now

They are talking about displacement you know they are excited. And also know they don’t understand how engines work.

Put a 2 valve head on it and see how much air it pumps. Oh wait they already tried that. Got stomped. How about 3? Got stomped. How about 4. Ok now we got something

If they had a 2 valve pushrod 302 making 460 hp they would have bragging rights. They don’t. Totally different engines and designs. The last 302 pushrod was what 220 hp? Fake news for mustang circle jerk

The design is more efficient in making hp per displacement. Because it has 4 valve head and turns more rpm. The lt1 2 valve head but pushes more air through bigger cylinders. 2 different approaches both get the job done. But claiming superiority based on only displacement is asinine. It’s the same as me doing it just because the lt1 is still 16 valve.

In the end the sbc is the overwhelming choice for most hot rodders around the world because of its compact design. It will simply fit into more projects more easily
I always laugh at the displacement argument. Their little ol’ 5.0 that’s as big and heavy as GM’s ancient 6.2.

Hp/L has no real world relevence. 460 hp is 460 hp, whether it’s from 5.0 liters or 6.2 liters. However, torque is a completely different issue.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:53 PM   #192
TEEZYSS

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
To me these shops running these times are like when a cai brand says that their intake made 26 rwhp over stock and post the dyno video and dyno graph. Then an actual person buys one and does a back to back pull and it only makes 5-10 hp, sometimes 0, and sometimes takes away hp. So that is how these runs are looking to me.
That's exactly what it is.... dynos are for tuning be can be manipulated so show all different kinds of numbers.

Same goes when it comes to the track. Take your car to the track on a random day and make 2-4 passes. Then take it when its -1400 DA and prepped to the moon and back where you can make 10-15 passes back to back testing. See how much better you run.

In private testing no one ever sees all that goes on. Its not LUND would go to the track and shows zero gains. Yolodouchebag even stated the "brand name tuners" weren't seeing 6-7whp gains from tunes. But again its about pushing to corner the market.

Quote:
It is all advertisement for Ford and the company. And the fact that you have to get a specific GT with a specific set of options and then do this and that to me seems weird. Like they made a small amount of GTs that actually COULD do these times in spectacular conditions but the vast majority of them will come without those options and won't be able to come anywhere close.
and even then you have to make a hero pass in the right conditions.
GFORCE DRIVESHAFT,LME 174 T-STAT,ATI UDP up next...
TEEZYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 01:15 PM   #193
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Yea, he missed it. I'm on the GTR, Vette, McLaren, Camaro, and Mustang forums. The Mustang fanboys win hands down. They still think...........every new Mustang is the king of all cars. I still remember when the last gen came out or whatever model and they said it would slay a Z06. Now, they are saying it with this new GT. It's gonna slay a Zl1 and Z06 and GTR with just a tune and tire. NOBODY on any other forum has ever stretched it that far.

It's amazing how they are on the forums, but in real life, would never even think about running my Zl1. I can't even get my buddy who has a Roush Stage 3 to line em up. At least he has some sense not to cus he'll know he'll get freight trained.

I was up at the shop 2 nights ago getting another tune and a guy up there had a Mustang. He said he has no idea why they act like that on the Mustang forums. He knows he can't fk with the Zl1. Or Z06 and GTR for that matter.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:23 PM   #194
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I don't really care how they look at me or us over here. They're the ones who keep coming over here making accounts to argue and troll. How many of us have gone over there or even care enough to look at what they post? LOL!! I get what you're saying and all. But I'm not on here to impress them and I don't care if I look bad to them. They're the exact same as us. It's just reversed.

To me these shops running these times are like when a cai brand says that their intake made 26 rwhp over stock and post the dyno video and dyno graph. Then an actual person buys one and does a back to back pull and it only makes 5-10 hp, sometimes 0, and sometimes takes away hp. So that is how these runs are looking to me. It is all advertisement for Ford and the company. And the fact that you have to get a specific GT with a specific set of options and then do this and that to me seems weird. Like they made a small amount of GTs that actually COULD do these times in spectacular conditions but the vast majority of them will come without those options and won't be able to come anywhere close. VS the SS where you can just buy one and have a low 12 capable car regardless. And again, even if they do manage to beat the SS in the quarter mile, it is still a one trick pony because that will be all it can do. It'll be like a slow, cheap, underpowered, Mustang version of a Hellcat.

Well said. I rarely go over there unless i need entertainment. They troll over here in droves. Actually, that forum was the reason I didn't go with the Super Snake. I had no idea it was just a glorified GT. And not a legit Shelby. So, i do give them credit for me purchasing the Zl1.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:29 PM   #195
Syphon23

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
I think this dude ended up getting a 12.1 stock. But, people forget, it's HP weather so. It's prob a 12.6-7 car in peak summer. Just like it is for the rest of us.

My last dyno pull we did I yanked out a 664/683. Tuned again last night. Got 707/710. Of course, it was on a re-calibrated Dyno, but I knew my 664 run was low last time. But, it was in 85 degree/100% humidity. Last night. Boy howdy. 42 degrees. 32% humidity. I picked up huge gains last night.
Yes people highly underestimate the power of cold air and conditions.
Syphon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:23 PM   #196
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
We have seen this before. The 2015 GT was supposed to be the fastest Mustang ever built. It was advertised as a world-beating sports car. The GT did not perform well. It was 3-4 tenths slower than the S197. The suspension was bad. It was a wheel hopping hood shaking rattletrap.The 350 Tech pack overheated and caught fire. Meanwhile the V6 1LE embarrassed the GT the SS 1LE made 350R owners feel ripped off and the ZL1 absolutely destroyed everything else.

Now we have guys running the 18 GT in -1500 DA claiming it is a tire and tune away from beating the ZL1 and the Z06 and the Hellcat. Nevermind the fact that in similar air the SS has been running 11s for 3 years. Ford won't publicly release their times. The car was released for testing very late. Lund and LMR got good times out if it but so far not faster than an SS. So until I see this car H2H on the same day with the Camaro I am going to remain skeptical.
Funny I don't remember the 15 crowd to excited over straight line speed. They knew the car was gaining significant weight and would likely be slower than the 13-14 models. Actually most over at the other forum never expected the 18 to be this fast.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote