Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 04-10-2016, 07:29 PM   #155
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Spoilers, front and rear fascias, door handles, OSRV mirrors are all painted by the supplier. GM basically paints the body only.
It's funny as those are the only parts on my car that looked good. The rest is where the issues happened. Considering my car was a very early production week, you think these cars would have gotten a slightly closer eye on them... I mean the haze marks were all over the car, it would have been impossible to miss. I can see how they missed my paint issues as the haze blocked it.

It is crazy to think even for a production car, how terrible it turned out. I went on the lot and looked at a lot of cars from Lansing. Caddy's, other Camaro's... I saw a lot of paint issues even on their $80k-110k+ cars. I had hoped the Camaro being built in a higher quality plant would have been a good thing, but it looks likes the works either don't care, or have a very low passing quality grade.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:31 PM   #156
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Me thinks you judge people to harshly.
Ask ANY manager in business what they did with people who didn't show up to an interview in a clean suit or dress and clean shaven or nicely trimmed beard and clean cut hair.

My boss flat out told an applicant the position had been filled the second he showed up in jeans.

Appearance is your first and last chance to make any kind of positive impression on anyone.

You're right I judge people by their appearance for work. Tells me an awful lot about your sense of pride in yourself and your attitude and work ethic.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:15 PM   #157
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Me thinks you judge people to harshly. Slovenly? Apparently you think folks on the line all wear white lab coats?
Yeah, we all know that saying about books and their covers. But if we had a photo of the employee parking lot, and there was an old Honda Civic with aftermarket body panels attached with zip ties, and doors and hood in four different colors, a fart can the size of a small keg and a spoiler taller than roof line...I would think it was his. Not that there's anything wrong with that...lol
Old 04-10-2016, 10:31 PM   #158
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Ask ANY manager in business what they did with people who didn't show up to an interview in a clean suit or dress and clean shaven or nicely trimmed beard and clean cut hair.

My boss flat out told an applicant the position had been filled the second he showed up in jeans.

Appearance is your first and last chance to make any kind of positive impression on anyone.

You're right I judge people by their appearance for work. Tells me an awful lot about your sense of pride in yourself and your attitude and work ethic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Yeah, we all know that saying about books and their covers. But if we had a photo of the employee parking lot, and there was an old Honda Civic with aftermarket body panels attached with zip ties, and doors and hood in four different colors, a fart can the size of a small keg and a spoiler taller than roof line...I would think it was his. Not that there's anything wrong with that...lol
maybe i missed the part where they said the photo was their interview? Perhaps they showed up dressed for success and were told..."tomorrow, wear some raggy clothes you don't mind tearing up..."

I get and agree mostly with your sentiment about being properly dresses for the interview, I would just add that the job being applied for can dictate different types of dress. A ranch hand who shows up in a suit and tie for interview may not be appropriately dressed vs. the dude that shows up in jeans and a cowboy hat.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:38 PM   #159
Netslave
GM paint evaluation dept

Drives: Too many to list
I don't care what people do for a living but there is no excuse for anyone to not take some GD pride in themselves. The attitude of it is acceptable for people to show up looking like they crawled from the gutter or the bed to go to their job is asinine. Even idiots at mickey d's are REQUIRED to wear a uniform. Whoever let that video make it to the air for the how it's made episode should loose their fk'ng job. All GM had to do was get anyone that was showing up during filming a brand new tshirt with gm or camaro or something on it and require them to wear a pair of some type of jean or pants that wasn't MF'ng sleep wear. No one had to buy anything, just take a little pride. Act like you are aren't trash. Act like you are grateful the taxpayers of this country bailed them out and they aren't sitting on a sidewalk selling crack or burning down empty houses after a few 40's. The to big to fail bs train won't work again so these people better wise up. I'm opting out of the next bailout request.

- A GM factory custom orange and mosaic black striped 2016 SS 2SS
- U̶n̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ Officially the worst Mosaic Black paint on a 2016 Camaro SS 2SS

See him here -

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...3M&usp=sharing
Old 04-11-2016, 04:55 AM   #160
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
They didn't paint the cars, the robots did. However the cars shouldn't have left with paint issues and whatever they were wearing GM shouldn't have these issues you guys are all trying to get resolved. Obviously it would have looked better to have them dressed in uniforms, but they aren't. So, the programming of the robots is probably the real issue here and they are the responsible party and the inspectors failed at their job for allowing the cars to leave the factory.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
Old 04-11-2016, 08:50 AM   #161
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1&6 View Post
Well I just found out yesterday the my car has a recall for the oil pick up and I'm definitely not taking back to my purchasing dealer, so I'm going to show the paint to the dealer I plan on going to , yes there is a few different dealers I can go to , in fact the only reason I went to Heinrich Chevrolet in Lockport was because I have a long time friend that became a salesman and was trying to do him a favor other wise I would have never went there . They have just said they won't warranty anything that gets painted
Thanks for naming the dealer. I'm in this area too and have been waiting to see what dealer it was. There are a ton of GM dealers in WNY. I'll avoid this one.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:19 AM   #162
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:

I got my job in a dusty t-shirt and shorts....Frankly...to a degree, I believe the business world needs to get their heads out of their butt. Take a look at Google or Apple corporate for a glimpse at the attire in the new world of work. Heck...even in education, teachers were expected to wear full suits and dresses every day...no more....

I don't think that image is enough to judge anything about anybody. Doing so is incredibly superficial and pompous, IMO. I'm sorry to sound rude, but it's just not right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
Thanks for naming the dealer. I'm in this area too and have been waiting to see what dealer it was. There are a ton of GM dealers in WNY. I'll avoid this one.
My recent experience with Paddock Chevy has been good. I'd stay away from Joe Basil as well....baaaaaaad stuff...
Old 04-11-2016, 10:30 AM   #163
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Take a look at Google or Apple corporate for a glimpse at the attire in the new world of work.
The "wear what you want and take an afternoon nap after milk and cookies then play in our own in house basketball court" idea of productivity silicon valley has embraced over the last 15 years sounds fun but what they don't tell you is that they are far more demanding of your productivity and output during your "work time" and many people don't make it very long in those environments.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:41 AM   #164
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
The "wear what you want and take an afternoon nap after milk and cookies then play in our own in house basketball court" idea of productivity silicon valley has embraced over the last 15 years sounds fun but what they don't tell you is that they are far more demanding of your productivity and output during your "work time" and many people don't make it very long in those environments.
I know. And to be clear, I like to look nice, and presentable more than most around me when it comes to going out and/or going to work. I believe it matters how you appear and what level of pride you take in your work and yourself...

But I don't think that image proves anything, and I'd hate for the Lansing Plant to get some "bad rep" because of internet drivel over a picture of 5 people at what's clearly an informal training...who may or may not actually work there...
Old 04-11-2016, 10:54 AM   #165

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Drivel?....Really?....Those photos, the employee training, and the How it's made show were actual attempts for "good" publicity....How's that going so far?

The drivel is in making excuses for them, especially with horrible paint jobs, for example, making their way into customer's hands. A picture is worth a thousand words....(of non-drivel, that is.....)
Old 04-11-2016, 11:07 AM   #166
camaro1&6

Drives: 67camaro 69Nova C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I got my job in a dusty t-shirt and shorts....Frankly...to a degree, I believe the business world needs to get their heads out of their butt. Take a look at Google or Apple corporate for a glimpse at the attire in the new world of work. Heck...even in education, teachers were expected to wear full suits and dresses every day...no more....

I don't think that image is enough to judge anything about anybody. Doing so is incredibly superficial and pompous, IMO. I'm sorry to sound rude, but it's just not right.

My recent experience with Paddock Chevy has been good. I'd stay away from Joe Basil as well....baaaaaaad stuff...
Thank you I was tossing up paddock or fuccillo, I bought 2 new trucks from. fuccillo and they were really good to be . But they have a really small window of service
Old 04-11-2016, 11:15 AM   #167
camaro1&6

Drives: 67camaro 69Nova C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netslave View Post
I don't care what people do for a living but there is no excuse for anyone to not take some GD pride in themselves. The attitude of it is acceptable for people to show up looking like they crawled from the gutter or the bed to go to their job is asinine. Even idiots at mickey d's are REQUIRED to wear a uniform. Whoever let that video make it to the air for the how it's made episode should loose their fk'ng job. All GM had to do was get anyone that was showing up during filming a brand new tshirt with gm or camaro or something on it and require them to wear a pair of some type of jean or pants that wasn't MF'ng sleep wear. No one had to buy anything, just take a little pride. Act like you are aren't trash. Act like you are grateful the taxpayers of this country bailed them out and they aren't sitting on a sidewalk selling crack or burning down empty houses after a few 40's. The to big to fail bs train won't work again so these people better wise up. I'm opting out of the next bailout request.
The biggest problem I have with this situation is they messed up not me I paid for my car that is supposed to come with a warranty for defects and now I'm supposed to just take it or leave it , take care of you customers , if you mess up assume the responsibility bottom line !, replace or fix the cars ! , It's the April I took my car in back in January still no fix
Old 04-11-2016, 11:19 AM   #168
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
White uniforms actually. Not lab coats. But please go ahead and explain how that helps improve a paint job.

Certainly, but it all goes back to management Direction, policy, and attitude.
I was with Honda when we opened our first US plant in 1979. Workers were "associates" not worker bees. White uniforms and a penchant for quality at every level was the direction. I've been to Honda factories here and Japan and there is no difference in quality or attitude. In the 90's, my employees and I visited Harley plants and the Bowling green Corvette plant. We were pretty horrified overall, and it certainly was reflected in the quality of the product they were making at the time. Guys with Boom boxes on their shoulders, Cigars in their mouths, and Sleeping in cars on their breaks. Despite the Management direction against all that. The unions were so powerful the workers could do whatever they pleased. A recent visit to the Corvette plant in 2015 showed some improvement, and not surprisingly, so has the car. Still, ragged old pick-ups and 20 year old sedans populated the employee parking lot. It's Kentucky afterall. If no one cares, checks, or enforces quality standards, you get what you get..

Last edited by Modshack; 04-11-2016 at 11:35 AM.

Closed Thread