Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-28-2023, 04:55 PM   #141
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katech_Mike View Post
Check all your grounds.

Loose grounds cause a lot of cluster issues in these cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
^Agreed
Good stuff fellas, thanks.

So, I took it for a quick ride around town and I also have MAP codes so I think there’s something up with the cheesy jumper harness Whipple sends. I don’t like that the evap hose that routes around the back gets pinched. I don’t like the loose sloppy evap add on harness. So…

I’m bring it to my shop Wednesday night and I’m going to do things the way we normally do. The blower is coming off and we’re good to fab up new harnesses and hoses until this thing is EXACTLY how I want it. My brother and I got a bunch figured out here at my garage, now it’s time to nail down the wiring. I don’t like gremlins and we’ve had ZERO for the past 4+ years…sure AF not going to start now. This will give us a chance to go through it all. Also, dyno day is scheduled for 5/16.
Old 08-22-2023, 12:29 AM   #142
Toby D

Drives: 2022 Camaro LT1
Torque Spec/Sequence for Gen. 5, 3L Camaro Whipple

How did you torque your intake runners down after having katech machine them for port injection?
Toby D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2024, 10:02 AM   #143
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10 (stock)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby D View Post
How did you torque your intake runners down after having katech machine them for port injection?
You never answered this, Josh (if you did have the bosses machined). Did you just stick some LS3 injectors in there with a plugged fuel rail and ran DI until you eventually go PI?
> Past Builds: 2013 Twin-Turbo LSX434 M6 - 1,359rwhp daily
dreksnot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2024, 12:11 PM   #144
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreksnot View Post
You never answered this, Josh (if you did have the bosses machined). Did you just stick some LS3 injectors in there with a plugged fuel rail and ran DI until you eventually go PI?
My runners are not machined by Katech… they are as delivered by Whipple. I’m sure I’ll end up going that way eventually but I’m letting the new Goliath DI pump play out a bit before deciding. That, and I’m waiting on the DSX port controller too..
Old 07-24-2024, 12:26 PM   #145
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10 (stock)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
My runners are not machined by Katech… they are as delivered by Whipple. I’m sure I’ll end up going that way eventually but I’m letting the new Goliath DI pump play out a bit before deciding. That, and I’m waiting on the DSX port controller too..

A'aight, now wondering if what I said as to how to "plug" the machined bores with laying-around LS3 injectors and a fuel rail to hold them in place should work?

I got a cryptic answer from Whipple about powder-coating and machining. I asked:
"Description states port injection bosses designed in. Does Whipple provide the boring services? I see Katech does. If I wanted the Supercharger finished in Red should the boring be done prior to the machining of the port injection bores to save the red finish, or can the machining be done with the finish in place (and not damage it)?"
and Whipple Support answered:
"As for port injection, it is different runners for the supercharger so, if going port injection you'll want to order at same time to have all powder coated together" <-- does this mean Whipple provides machining? Geez, gotta ask them another question to clarify.
> Past Builds: 2013 Twin-Turbo LSX434 M6 - 1,359rwhp daily
dreksnot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2024, 08:18 PM   #146
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreksnot View Post

A'aight, now wondering if what I said as to how to "plug" the machined bores with laying-around LS3 injectors and a fuel rail to hold them in place should work?

I got a cryptic answer from Whipple about powder-coating and machining. I asked:
"Description states port injection bosses designed in. Does Whipple provide the boring services? I see Katech does. If I wanted the Supercharger finished in Red should the boring be done prior to the machining of the port injection bores to save the red finish, or can the machining be done with the finish in place (and not damage it)?"
and Whipple Support answered:
"As for port injection, it is different runners for the supercharger so, if going port injection you'll want to order at same time to have all powder coated together" <-- does this mean Whipple provides machining? Geez, gotta ask them another question to clarify.
To the best of my knowledge, Whipple does not offer the port machining. But please let us know of that has changed.

You really need it all powder coated together to prevent a variation in color (if you did the runners later down the road in a different batch as the main blower). My only hope that if/when I do the port machining, the machine work by Katech doesn’t screw up the rest of the powder coating on the runner assemblies.
Old 07-25-2024, 07:02 AM   #147
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
I hear the HPTuners-side of the DSX strategy isn't that complicated... (i.e. there are solutions in HPTuners that already exist)

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2024, 07:32 AM   #148
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I hear the HPTuners-side of the DSX strategy isn't that complicated... (i.e. there are solutions in HPTuners that already exist)
Yep, but without the hardware to make it all work, we’re all just sitting around waiting lol
Old 07-25-2024, 08:47 AM   #149
Katech_Mike

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
FYI We now offer a 120mm throttle adaptor for the 3.0L as well.

https://katechengines.com/i-30498318...pple-3-0l.html
Katech_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote