#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-24-2017, 04:01 PM   #43
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
Why not just get a 2SS/1LE. Have seen several dealers inventory showing "in transit". Get all the goodies in a 2SS with the awesome handling of the 1LE.
Looking to spend about $40k and the cheapest 2SS1LE I've seen yet is still above $43,500, and either Summit White or Red Hot. The color I'm shooting for is either Nightfall or Mosaic, something subtle.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 04:04 PM   #44
Boost Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.C. Collins View Post
If you can afford it buy the car you want, otherwise buy the car you need.
lol
I want a ZL1, but cannot afford, and I really don't need a car, but looking to upgrade from a '08 C6.

Not sure if a SS is an upgrade or more of a lateral move. The 1LE appears to be an upgrade though.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:23 PM   #45
Boost Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by L99BEN View Post
^^^
This!
The 1le is the best bang for your buck if you plan to regularly track your car no doubt.
I have the 2ss m6 with mr and is more than enough me in most situations. I’ll never take my car to the track.
I daily drive 60 miles a day in regular traffic with some crap roads comfortably.
I typically set my suspension and steering to touring and throttle to track.
There's a nicely optioned 2SS that I thought might get me where I want to be, but the overall performance advantage of the 1LE keeps me in doubt.

This will be a weekend fun car driven a lot. All year around here in PA, up to nearly 20,000 miles a year. It will not see a track, but every time out it will be for a few hours through some of PA's many twisty roads.

After driving the C6 I am a little concerned I will be let down by a 1SS or 2SS in the turns as the Camaro is about 500 lbs heavier than the C6. I am hoping the 1LE will handle as well if not better than the corvette.

I've even thought about dumping money into the corvette, but in the end, I'm not a die hard corvette guy. Great car but after almost four years and 60,000 miles it's getting old.
Loud.
Hot.
Sticks out like clown shoes.
Plus all the stigma that comes with a corvette, and the haters.
Old 11-24-2017, 06:46 PM   #46
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Maybe best to find a dealer (which might not be easy) that would let you test drive them both and see really what you like the best would find your answer a whole lot quicker possibly...
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 03:07 PM   #47
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
This will be a weekend fun car driven a lot. All year around here in PA, up to nearly 20,000 miles a year. It will not see a track, but every time out it will be for a few hours through some of PA's many twisty roads.
= 1LE!
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 02:39 PM   #48
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
There's a nicely optioned 2SS that I thought might get me where I want to be, but the overall performance advantage of the 1LE keeps me in doubt.

After driving the C6 I am a little concerned I will be let down by a 1SS or 2SS in the turns as the Camaro is about 500 lbs heavier than the C6. I am hoping the 1LE will handle as well if not better than the corvette.

I've even thought about dumping money into the corvette, but in the end, I'm not a die hard corvette guy. Great car but after almost four years and 60,000 miles it's getting old.
Loud.
Hot.
Sticks out like clown shoes.
Plus all the stigma that comes with a corvette, and the haters.
Unless your C6 is a ZR1 i can't see it touching the performance or handling of the 1Le ,although you will have to get some winter tires for it .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 03:19 PM   #49
rfopt

Drives: 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Boost Creep,

Is your Corvette equipped with the Z51 package? That will factor in my personal extrapolated opinion/recommendation based on my experience owning a 05 C6 with the suspension package 4 1/2 years ago and currently owning a 15 Camaro SS 1LE (that I feel handles at least as good if not better overall than my 05 C6 Z51).
rfopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:19 PM   #50
slythetove

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
There's a 2SS local with NPP, MRC, and the Recaros, the color and SS rims I like, decisions.
I try to talk my self into the 2SS, but keep gravitating to the 1LE.

Prices are dropping, but I won't be ready to pull the trigger until January, just hope there's some deals left.

New, no frills 1LE for $36,800 right now.
Ugh.
If you really found a 1LE for that buy it immediately. MSRP is $45,000.00.

The 1LE will outperform your C6 and be more comfortable on the road.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:27 PM   #51
Boost Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slythetove View Post
If you really found a 1LE for that buy it immediately. MSRP is $45,000.00.

The 1LE will outperform your C6 and be more comfortable on the road.
Won't be ready until January, and hoping to score one with PDR.

That's what I'm looking for, at least equal performance with some more comfort.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:42 PM   #52
Boost Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Unless your C6 is a ZR1 i can't see it touching the performance or handling of the 1Le ,although you will have to get some winter tires for it .
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfopt View Post
Boost Creep,

Is your Corvette equipped with the Z51 package? That will factor in my personal extrapolated opinion/recommendation based on my experience owning a 05 C6 with the suspension package 4 1/2 years ago and currently owning a 15 Camaro SS 1LE (that I feel handles at least as good if not better overall than my 05 C6 Z51).
Not a ZR1 or a Z51, just a base C6 LS3, Kooks headers, Vararam, and a tune with Z51 brake swap, probably quicker than the Camaro in a straight line, just had a concern about handling with the extra 500 lbs over the Corvette.

PDR videos show 1LE's lapping corvettes easily, just wasn't sure if the Corvettes were really out there trying.
lol
Old 11-26-2017, 08:48 PM   #53
slythetove

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Won't be ready until January, and hoping to score one with PDR.

That's what I'm looking for, at least equal performance with some more comfort.
Are you going to track more than a few times a year? If not there’s no point in paying for PDR. The car is my daily not a track car and it’s awesome. For reference I traded a 2017 Corvette Grand Sport for my 1LE. No regrets.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:59 PM   #54
Deakins

Drives: 2017 2ss, m6
Do keep in mind that if you track it a lot or drive it hard a lot you will eat up the consumables quicker on the Camaro. The extra weight really hurts that aspect so it may be "just as quick" lap per lap but the Camaro will eat up brakes, tires, and suspension components at a higher rate. If you run as many track days as I do it does add up.
Deakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:27 PM   #55
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
you will love the SS 1LE.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:30 PM   #56
rfopt

Drives: 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Quote:
Not a ZR1 or a Z51, just a base C6 LS3, Kooks headers, Vararam, and a tune with Z51 brake swap, probably quicker than the Camaro in a straight line, just had a concern about handling with the extra 500 lbs over the Corvette.

PDR videos show 1LE's lapping corvettes easily, just wasn't sure if the Corvettes were really out there trying.
lol
From what you wrote and what others are writing, you will be "slack jawed" with the great handling of the 6th gen 1LE. I also think that even though you probably will be satisfied with the 1SS/2SS without the 1LE package in comparison to your 08 C6 that the 1LE has peaked your interest enough such that you will always be thinking about it if you don't get it.
rfopt is offline   Reply With Quote