#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 10-31-2017, 09:51 AM   #15
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
I'd love to give srf a try, but finding someone in town who will install it, is a different matter. The extra costs isn't an issue cause you can't put a price on safety
Have you asked the dealer and they told you no? If you provide them a sealed bottle of SRF, I don’t see why they would deny this. The Porsche dealers around here stock SRF and ask if you want Porsche DOT4 or SRF.
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:05 AM   #16
RXtacy

Drives: 93 RX-7, 17 SS 1LE, 04 RX-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
Thanks :thumb" I've seen this chart before but I wasn't sure since it's on another manufacturer's chart. I know the wet boiling point is important but I also don't mind bleed a bit more often so when fresh, isn't the dry point more relevant?

I never tried SRF fluid before so maybe I should give it a shot since front brakes already see very high temps and that's one area I see that I believe I can improve. I want to get some Titanium shims, find a better way to feed more direct air to the rotors and maybe adding a top notch fluid may help. I never owned a car this heavy before so I am still adopting

If the only advantage of the SRF is the fact that longer bleed and flush schedule I am not too worried about that . I can flush my system twice a year and bleed them every 2-3 events, no problem. If however there's a really big difference even when they're both fresh (after a few sessions on the same day I mean), I would definitely like to try them.
Outside of a 0% humidity lab environment you never truly get the dry boiling performance. As soon as you crack the seal on the bottle it begins to absorb moisture. In real life even with a fresh flush you will not achieve the dry boiling point. This is why the wet boiling point is really the more critical characteristic IMHO.
RXtacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:12 PM   #17
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RXtacy View Post
Outside of a 0% humidity lab environment you never truly get the dry boiling performance. As soon as you crack the seal on the bottle it begins to absorb moisture. In real life even with a fresh flush you will not achieve the dry boiling point. This is why the wet boiling point is really the more critical characteristic IMHO.
Thanks I agree and yes I am aware of that
I used to have some small air tight containers to keep the left over fluids without moisture because of that. It looks like I will need to test it to see if it makes any distinguishable difference at first or second day (when they're both fairly new). In our cars every little bit of effort is worth it as even with the ST47s I still feel it could be a bit better. My friend who has the same exact brake system and pads, Motul RBF600 on his C7 Corvette never sees the similar temps so our cars may need the better fluid more than them because of its weight
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:25 PM   #18
RXtacy

Drives: 93 RX-7, 17 SS 1LE, 04 RX-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
Thanks I agree and yes I am aware of that
I used to have some small air tight containers to keep the left over fluids without moisture because of that. It looks like I will need to test it to see if it makes any distinguishable difference at first or second day (when they're both fairly new). In our cars every little bit of effort is worth it as even with the ST47s I still feel it could be a bit better. My friend who has the same exact brake system and pads, Motul RBF600 on his C7 Corvette never sees the similar temps so our cars may need the better fluid more than them because of its weight
What temps are you seeing at your calipers? Have you boiled the RBF600 yet? If you haven't, but caliper temps are showing higher than the wet boiling point of RBF600 I would consider changing to SRF personally.
RXtacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:00 PM   #19
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RXtacy View Post
What temps are you seeing at your calipers? Have you boiled the RBF600 yet? If you haven't, but caliper temps are showing higher than the wet boiling point of RBF600 I would consider changing to SRF personally.
I have only boiled them once but that's because I forgot to bleed after attending a couple events. In both of those events I had to stop because of red flags without any cooldown laps. After that I didn't boil them. Caliper temps are at around 230-240 which means slightly exceeds the RBF 600's wet boiling point. I will definitely try SRF next season and report back
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote