Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 10-28-2017, 06:19 PM   #1
osubuckeye

Drives: 2016 2LT Gamet Red Tintcoat
Android Auto Playing Slacker Radio

I have been using Android AutoPlay on my Chevrolet MyLink System to play Slacker Radio through my Android Samsung phone. Up until recently I just plugged the phone into the car audio system using a USB cable, selected the Slacker Radio App on the touch screen and it would connect. Now the only way it will connect is to actually have the Slacker Radio App open on my phone. I don't have this problem with Pandora or Google Play Music. The Apps do not have to be open on the phone for the car's audio system to connect to them. Anyone notice this problem with Slacker
osubuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:29 PM   #2
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
You are confusing some things or they just aren't coming out right. Either you are using Android Auto or you are using myLink. If you are using Android Auto, then you have that display up, and use a double tap on the "Music" section to toggle which app AA is playing from (might see a little "^" beside the icon, which is the selection menu).

AA will not allow you have an app running on your phone, since it takes control of the phone. But maybe you are saying you have slacker playing on your phone already, in which case it would be going over BT.

If you are using myLink, then you are actually tapping the icon for Slacker on the myLink homescreen. I know Pandora was actually installed on '16 myLinks. You had to have the app open for it to work with myLink in that case. So that may be what you are describing. The 17's and newer don't have separate icons for Pandora anymore (I'm assuming there might be Slacker app available on the '16s). Essentially I can only access apps thru the AA interface.

Let me know which one you are trying and I might be more help.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:05 PM   #3
DWS909

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT RS Turbo
I'm having the exact same issue. It is either a android auto app issue or a slacker app issue. Because if you open up the android auto app on your phone it will do the same thing if you try to open slacker.
DWS909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:17 PM   #4
TimsZ28

Drives: '16 2SS, '14 Z71
Here is how I know mine to work.

If it is a Android Auto (AA) compatible app you can click the drop down menu on the music or headphones. Then control it via touch like Google Play.
If it is not you can #1 play it over blue tooth. Or #2 when in AA just open the app and play it. This will work for all kinds of apps like YouTube for example. But the visual part will be on the phone.

Why it is different than a little while ago I don't know.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:58 AM   #5
osubuckeye

Drives: 2016 2LT Gamet Red Tintcoat
I contacted Slacker support and they admitted that this is a know issue with the current version of the Slacker App and Android Auto. The workaround is to start the content before you connect to Android Auto. They expect this to be fixed in a future version of the Slacker App.
osubuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote