Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Phastek Performance

Old 03-25-2017, 10:33 AM   #29
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
I just ordered some up so will hopefully have them mounted next week.
Have you mounted these and ran them yet? Very curious how they are performing.
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 01:19 PM   #30
Justice

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
I had mine installed yesterday and so far so good. I was surprised at how good they look. They have a very nice tread design. I haven't gotten on it yet so, so far the only thing I've noticed is that the ride is smoother. It's not a HUGE difference, but you can definitely notice it's smoother vs the runflats. The decrease in road noise is also noticeable. I'll report back once I've done a couple dig pulls to comment on traction.
Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:36 PM   #31
Chevy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice View Post
I had mine installed yesterday and so far so good. I was surprised at how good they look. They have a very nice tread design. I haven't gotten on it yet so, so far the only thing I've noticed is that the ride is smoother. It's not a HUGE difference, but you can definitely notice it's smoother vs the runflats. The decrease in road noise is also noticeable. I'll report back once I've done a couple dig pulls to comment on traction.
Thank you for the feedback! I'm very curious how well they hook up. What have you ran in the past? I'm only asking to see what you are comparing them too. Did you get some pics on them on your Car?
Old 04-10-2017, 02:58 PM   #32
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
I went with the Conti DW's on my 15 Mustang GT last summer and wish I would have bought the Firestones. They had just come out and there were no reviews yet, so I didn't want to take a chance. The DW's have a very soft sidewall and started to wander and act wonky after about 12k miles. I had a square 275/40/19 set up on my stang and rotated every 5k and did 3 alignments. The new Conti should be fantastic, but the price is up there. I loved my Firestone SZ50EP's back in the day on my 99 Z28.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:24 PM   #33
Chevy71

I'm actually looking at the Conti extreme contact sports. The DW's haven't really got good reviews since they came out, the new sports are rated up there with the Pilot Super Sports. I noticed today the Indy 500 have a "W" rating and the load rating is one or two below.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:55 AM   #34
17txcamaross

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Please update. I am looking into either these or BFG Comp 2 tires. Appears to be about $100 difference between the two sets.
17txcamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 04:28 PM   #35
DetCam

Drives: 2016 1SS (12/10/2016)
I've got several months of daily driving, a few thousand miles, three track days, and a handful of autocrosses on my Indy 500's. I would have to say that are one of the best "bang for your buck" tires. I'm slightly less competitive in autocrosses but still have a blast (I beat two guys with 1SS 1LE's... but can't brag too much, one of the guys had just bought the car 2 weeks prior). Track day lap times seemed to be down about a second or two, but it's hard to judge one year to the next. The beauty is, I can get twice the number of events out of these tires than I could out of the original tires, for less than half the price.

I discovered (after the fact) I loved the hard sidewalls of the runflats for autocross and track days because they made the car feel more stable, but living with the car as a daily driver is significantly better with the Indy 500s.

I can only compare these to the original's, and these are great. If they were $1700 a set like the Good Year Runflats, I would probably change my answer... but to walk out with tires mounted and balanced for under $700 is pretty awesome.
DetCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 04:50 PM   #36
Redlinez
Shifts under load

I'll be between the new Contis and the Firestones. I think I'll probably go with the Contis as I always seem to buy the "bang for the buck" tire only to realize the car never drives as well as the OEM tires performance wise. I really like the looks of the Firestone and price is a no brainer, hard decision between these two.
Old 07-27-2017, 05:06 PM   #37
Sandman1969

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Looking at getting a set of these for my 2015. I am also looking at the BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S since I wanted to go with something that I could use all year since it is my daily driver. However, the price of these are WAY too tempting and I take the wife's Traverse if it snows so A/S not totally needed.

The Firestones get great reviews and look to perform a bit better in the rain than the P-Zero OEM tires and have better tread wear. Not too happy with how quick the stock tires wore out and I don't drive THAT aggressive.

2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Sandman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:32 PM   #38
tomster
RedLine

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
I work for bridgestone/firestone so i may be bias but i love the new indy 500. They are a remake on the potenza re11. I run them on my 13 zl1 as "everyday" tires and the first thing you notice is the lack of noise. second is cold grip. All other summer tires i have ran seem to have no grip when cold. They are also good in wet. I ran them at a track day and they show almost no wear after the track day. Dry grip was down compared to the potenza 71R i normally run they cost me about 2 seconds per lap on a 2 mile course.. Buy them you wont regret it.
2022 GMC 2500 "Blue"
2022 ZL1 1LE 6spd "Rapid Blue"
2023 ZL1 1LE Auto Rapid Blue (ordered)
tomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:27 AM   #39
TBSS2008

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS/2SS blk 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomster View Post
They are a remake on the potenza re11. Buy them you wont regret it.
I use to have RE11's on my Solstice GXP loved them. Good wear and great grip both dry and wet. I got the Indy 500's for my 16 Camaro SS and keep thinking these tires are very similar to the RE11's. Both great tires.

I will echo what others have said (Good grip in both dry and wet, smoother and quieter then the GY runflats, and great price). Will definitely buy again. Cut a 3.9 0-60 for the first time yesterday with these tires. I have the 6 spd manually so that is pretty damn good!
TBSS2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:24 PM   #40
Redlinez
Shifts under load

The BFG A/S tires were terribly loud on my son's Mazda. I took them back the next day and swapped for Cooper RS3A's and they were much better, just not quite as quick on turn in. I would have to say go with a snow tire/wheel combo for winter weather and stick with non all seasons the rest of the time. Just my personal experiences and opinions. Take it for what it's worth.