Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 09-15-2017, 10:37 PM   #169
Toons
Speed Racer

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Installed Tony's TB tonight along with the Roto Fab in my A10, I can honestly say now the car runs like the car I thought I was buying. Wow, a bit scary when punched, but isn't it supposed to be?
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:02 AM   #170
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports

Drives: 2009 CTS-V, 2008 C6Z06
Guys,

Finally had a minute to catch back up on this thread!

Really appreciate all the solid feedback and glad you guys are pleased with the product etc. It's just a fantastic upgrade....it solves a problem inherent with the OEM design of the TB....thats why its such a night and day difference.

A lot of go fast goodies are better than their stock parts brethren but in this case the stock part is so badly executed, the results are much more dramatic! (which is bonus for all you guys upgrading naturally!)

In fact I felt the same way when I ported the TB on my CTS V.....I was so excited about buying that car and on my first drive home after just taking delivery of it I swear I had a feeling of buyers remorse wash over me. It just felt dead and lazy in all the lower throttle positions you mostly drive around utilizing. Thinking about what it could be on that ride back to the house I was praying it was what I thought it was (the TB) and the first thing I did when I pulled in my driveway was pop the hood and remove the OEM CAI to get a better look. Thankfully when I did I did in fact see a sorry looking OEM TB design and three hours later I was driving down the road smiling with my first crack at porting it (I ended up getting more aggressive with it on two additional separate occasions but I wanted to creep up on it). That's when I started offering TB's for the LSA engine with a money back guarantee....I knew a guy would have to be out of his mind to send one back to me after experiencing the difference!....LOL

Anyway....I can relate to how most of you feel is my point (and that's a true story btw!)

Here she is in front of my shop with alot more mods since that first TB upgrade!!

For you guys still sitting on the fence you biggest regret will be the fact you didnt pull the triggere sooner.

Speaking of time Im still running about 4 weeks out.....occasionally approaching five and I appreciate the guys that emailed or PM'ed me your orders and provided me with all the info (name, address, email address and phone).

We are heading into the fall....the best time of year to be driving a cars like these.....enjoy it a little more with the best bang for the buck upgrade....you will wish you could invest this type of money again and feel a similar improvement

Catch you guys later!

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 09-16-2017 at 02:59 AM.
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 09:48 AM   #171
Dethsupp0rt

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Mamo View Post
In fact I felt the same way when I ported the TB on my CTS V.....I was so excited about buying that car and on my first drive home after just taking delivery of it I swear I had a feeling of buyers remorse wash over me. It just felt dead and lazy in all the lower throttle positions you mostly drive around utilizing.
Truth. That and the lazy transmission is why I didn't get a gen 2 CTS-V back in the day.

The ZL1 throttle response isn't as bad in stock form as the CTS-V was, but there is still room for improvement. That's where this mod comes in.
Dethsupp0rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:14 PM   #172
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports

Drives: 2009 CTS-V, 2008 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post
Truth. That and the lazy transmission is why I didn't get a gen 2 CTS-V back in the day.

The ZL1 throttle response isn't as bad in stock form as the CTS-V was, but there is still room for improvement. That's where this mod comes in.
Good call on the trans....that was the 2nd mod I did....LOL

I re-adjusted all the shiftpoints via my HP Tuners. The factory had you in 6th gear by the end of a city block kind of thing.....it was ridiculous how much the stock trans settings lugged the engine making the car feel like it couldn't get out of its own way. That was almost as awesome as the TB upgrade in some respects but the combo of both had that car feeling like the refined muscle car four door sedan it was.

Newer cars have much better transmissions now.....especially the new A8 stuff in the 6th Gen. Im still a manual guy at heart but there isnt any denying the appeal of the modern automatic transmissions....they have come a long way!

-Tony
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 03:15 PM   #173
Dethsupp0rt

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Mamo View Post
Good call on the trans....that was the 2nd mod I did....LOL

I re-adjusted all the shiftpoints via my HP Tuners. The factory had you in 6th gear by the end of a city block kind of thing.....it was ridiculous how much the stock trans settings lugged the engine making the car feel like it couldn't get out of its own way.
Hah! Indeed. If I'd have only known about you before, I probably would've wound up with one instead of the M3.
Dethsupp0rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:01 PM   #174
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Did this on my 2SS on Saturday, all i can say is this TB changed the way the car runs, no more hiccups when your decelerating , and no delay on takeoffs, its fun to drive my car ones more.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:29 PM   #175
mzdadoc

Drives: 2017 Red Hot Camaro ZL1 A10
Installing my TB tomorrow on my day off. Anyone interested in seeing the process in pics? Wearing my new tshirt he sent me of coarse..... LOL
mzdadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:35 PM   #176
LiqTenExp

Drives: 2017 ZL1
it'll take you more time to take pics than to install LOL
Old 09-21-2017, 07:02 PM   #177
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzdadoc View Post
Installing my TB tomorrow on my day off. Anyone interested in seeing the process in pics? Wearing my new tshirt he sent me of coarse..... LOL
Yes please and a pic of the t-shirt as well please.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:11 PM   #178
Fast Dalmation

Drives: 2018 Summit White ZL1 1LE
That would be perfect, since this is one of the few modifications I would change on my car. Speaking with Tony, our OEM intake is pretty good or they would of altered it for the ZL1 1LE. Maybe just a bigger filter and call it a day.

Quote:
Fast Dalmation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:31 PM   #179
mzdadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiqTenExp View Post
it'll take you more time to take pics than to install LOL
Yes, I know.... LOL
Old 09-22-2017, 09:36 AM   #180
mzdadoc

Ok will someone explain how to post images while I go test drive and fill up my tank?
I've never posted images to a forum before
Old 09-22-2017, 09:44 AM   #181
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Quote:
Ok will someone explain how to post images while I go test drive and fill up my tank?
I've never posted images to a forum before
you need to upload the images to a site like photobucket then post the links into the image insert button

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:56 AM   #182
mzdadoc

I've been doing that but it just shows the link on my post not the image.