#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-02-2017, 02:57 AM   #1
zadjaliz

Drives: Not yet
WTB: 17/18 ZL1 - Manual - low miles - less than 57k

Hi

Posted this on sale section, didn't get any sellers just throwing it over here maybe some one wants to sell his ZL1 and gets the 1LE or whatever.

As the title says, looking for a 2017/2018 ZL1 - Manual - low miles - Price less than 57k ,No accidents, No issues, clean title.

I'm a cash buyer. I can close the deal very soon.

Send me the details along with pics in PM.

Thanks
zadjaliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:59 AM   #2
STAY IN IT

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1, M6
I assume you reside in a state without sales tax on a private party sale? If so, I think the tax savings and your $57k price point make sense for you as far as flattening out your depreciation curve. (Although you may not find many takers, I think you will get your car if not in a hurry.)

My only thought is that this car is literally THE current performance car bargain at the present time, even paying tax on a new one. If you don't need any options, doesn't the car sticker for right under $64k? (Personally I could go without any options other than PDR). Without dealer ADM in most markets, and up to $3k plus dealer discounts before any manufacturer incentives at the time of purchase, your purchase price with sales tax on a new vehicle may be lower than you think. (Especially if you sign up for chevrolet emails/promotions which can result in periodic "private offers" that can sometimes be an additional couple thousand off - although they may exclude the ZL1.)

Even with low miles, often you will be close to replacing tires on any used ZL1 you may buy and ultimately you probably can't be assured of the car's history. (Was the break in period a 1/4 mile at a time? Was there any damage repair outside of insurance that won't show up on Carfax? ETC..

Best of luck and in the end you will be extremely happy with the car!
STAY IN IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:06 AM   #3
zadjaliz

Thanks for the advices.

To the top. Still looking.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:35 AM   #4
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Talk to this guy

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506910

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:42 AM   #5
bmlocal175

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Black M6 PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by STAY IN IT View Post
I assume you reside in a state without sales tax on a private party sale? If so, I think the tax savings and your $57k price point make sense for you as far as flattening out your depreciation curve. (Although you may not find many takers, I think you will get your car if not in a hurry.)

My only thought is that this car is literally THE current performance car bargain at the present time, even paying tax on a new one. If you don't need any options, doesn't the car sticker for right under $64k? (Personally I could go without any options other than PDR). Without dealer ADM in most markets, and up to $3k plus dealer discounts before any manufacturer incentives at the time of purchase, your purchase price with sales tax on a new vehicle may be lower than you think. (Especially if you sign up for chevrolet emails/promotions which can result in periodic "private offers" that can sometimes be an additional couple thousand off - although they may exclude the ZL1.)

Even with low miles, often you will be close to replacing tires on any used ZL1 you may buy and ultimately you probably can't be assured of the car's history. (Was the break in period a 1/4 mile at a time? Was there any damage repair outside of insurance that won't show up on Carfax? ETC..

Best of luck and in the end you will be extremely happy with the car!
Link for signing up for emails/promotions?
bmlocal175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:24 AM   #6
zadjaliz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
Car looks clean. But unfortunately its tuned (No Warranty).
Old 09-04-2017, 10:38 AM   #7
Fast Dalmation

Drives: 2018 Summit White ZL1 1LE
Good Luck With Sale. One of the challenges you will run up against is that dealers will start selling leftover 2017 ZL1s for under $60K that are sitting on the lots closer to end of the year. I have seen a few already @ $59K with the auto and PDR.

Best bet as others have stated, return to stock and look to buy a nicely discounted auto in the next few months. You will sell the headers fast as many who own ZL1s will be modding.

Most owners of these beast will do some modding (i.e., intake, upper pulley, tune) which is minor but still modding.

Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadjaliz View Post
Hi

Posted this on sale section, didn't get any sellers just throwing it over here maybe some one wants to sell his ZL1 and gets the 1LE or whatever.

As the title says, looking for a 2017/2018 ZL1 - Manual - low miles - Price less than 57k ,No accidents, No issues, clean title.

I'm a cash buyer. I can close the deal very soon.

Send me the details along with pics in PM.

Thanks
Fast Dalmation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 11:01 AM   #8
STAY IN IT

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlocal175 View Post
Link for signing up for emails/promotions?
There probably is a link, however I called a Chevrolet customer service number I found online and explained that I was a current owner of a GMC and questioned why I was not receiving any GM private offers/promotional deals other than periodic GM card associated offers.

The rep. informed me that I needed to sign up to receive these offers generated periodically to random people on their mailing list. Being a current GM owner doesn't automatically put you on the list and is not a requirement. My impression was that only a certain percentage of people enrolled will get offers each time, so it may not coincide timing-wise with your desired purchase time frame. Ultimately she said I could sign up online or she could transfer me to their marketing dept. to get me on their email/mailing list. I did the latter.
STAY IN IT is offline   Reply With Quote