Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-25-2016, 07:00 AM   #1
AdvanSuper

Drives: 1SS HBM w/MRC NPP
Do you want an aftermarket controller for your MRC equipped Camaro SS/1LE/ZL1?

If the answer is yes then start emailing DSC Sport to get R&D going. They currently offer a controller for the MSRC on the C7 Corvette and it's possible with enough demand they could start R&D for the Camaro once the Vette owners have supplied enough in sales . With the 1LE, ZL1 and most like Z28 segment being on MRC this could be much more likely to happen for the Camaro with adequate interest.

The Corvette controller is not on their website, but Katech which is a reseller has the Corvette controller listed for sale here.

Description of what it does:
Quote:
Katech offers a DSC Sport V2 controller for the MSRC shocks as well as two additional shock packages: RT (Road/Track) and RTx (Road/Track Xtreme). The V2 controller, intended for use with the original MSRC shocks, replaces the factory suspension control module. The RT and RTx package introduce two upgraded damper options. DSC Sport V2 fully and completely interfaces with the factory dash display and controls. Using the DSC Sport tuning software, users have the ability to tune the suspension just like tuning the engine, including full velocity tuning.

Replacing the factory shock controller, the DSC Sport V2 is a state-of-the-art user definable suspension controller featuring velocity calculations as well as brake pressure, G-force, acceleration, speed, and full individual shock calibration tables. Digitally tune the chassis just as you would the engine! Tune more grip into the tire while tuning a more compliant ride for the street. The DSC Sport V2 is equally at home as a daily driver or full time track setup (road race or drag race).
Email Contacts for DSC Sport

Tom Chan
Sales | Support
Tchan@dscsport.com

Harris Levitas
Sales | Support
Hlevitas@dscsport.com

DSC has gotten back to me and wants to schedule a time to take a look at the stock controller and coding. I guess you could say this is progress and they mentioned being interested in developing a controller for the 6th gen Camaro.

Last edited by AdvanSuper; 07-26-2016 at 07:31 AM.
AdvanSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:07 AM   #2
Iron Oak
Club Motorsports Track Op

Drives: STI, Land Rover and future 1LE
I had been asking about this. Glad to know someone has taken the initiative to get this going.
Iron Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:24 AM   #3
AdvanSuper

I never heard back from them when we were going back and forth between emails about scheduling a time for a tech to come out and look at the car.

With the launch of the 1LE now pretty much in full effect and equipped with MRC I am hoping this can be brought up again.

Actually it looks like they did develop one...

http://www.dscsport.com/product/v2-c...maro/?reff=351

Just spoke to them and it's still in beta despite being able to add it to your cart and checkout...

Last edited by AdvanSuper; 06-29-2017 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:36 AM   #4
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Do you know if . . .

it will default to something other than full-soft in the event that power or signal is lost?

the user will have any control over the rear vs front mapping (where you could fine-tune transient handling)?

Norm
Old 07-01-2017, 11:24 AM   #5
AdvanSuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Do you know if . . .

it will default to something other than full-soft in the event that power or signal is lost?

the user will have any control over the rear vs front mapping (where you could fine-tune transient handling)?

Norm
Here's their YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwn...ULbOdoQ/videos

You can go with the presets or you can custom tune them however you want. As for signal or power loss the module will replace the OEM unit, so unless the module fails I don't know what it would do. It's not a piggyback system.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:46 PM   #6
gosutag
Left Lane Enforcer

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE.
What exactly does it allow to do? I get that it allows you to change tune the settings, but does it allow the user to go significantly further than what is already included or it just allows that customization in between the extremes that the MRC already provides?
1994 Evo II

Previous Cars:
2017 Camaro SS
2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ
gosutag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:34 PM   #7
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
Pardon my laziness as I have not researched the product provided for the vettes as I don't want to put a false idea in my head if the potential design is different on the Camaro. My question is will the the application have standard 'tune packages' available as a plug & play for track, or for that matter for different types of tracks?

I never understood why the manufacturers do not offer different suspension tune packages available through their performance divisions - if they work. Is there just a point of diminishing returns when you can buy spool valves for a bit more?
Old 08-02-2017, 08:25 AM   #8
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan@DSCsport View Post
The controller comes with a standard tune. As of now, we only have one for the Camaro. Typically as time goes on and we get more customer feedback, we'll offer a few different tunes on our website.

Because it's dynamic, it's not entirely necessary to have tunes for different tracks, but yes sometimes it is beneficial to have different tunes for different types of tracks.
MANY cars are on 1" drop lowering springs. A tune specifically for lowered cars would interest me.

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:51 AM   #9
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Guys,
If you go to their website you'll see that they do offer different tunes for tracks on other platforms. Not many but with more time and development as well as customer feedback, the potential is there. Its HPTuners for your suspension.

Can't wait to get mine on and play with it. The capabilities that were described to me are next level, in your dreams type of ability 10 years ago.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:59 AM   #10
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Jordon,

Do you have any examples of improved lap times on various tracks for Camaro's?
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:29 AM   #11
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1FTY View Post
Guys,
If you go to their website you'll see that they do offer different tunes for tracks on other platforms. Not many but with more time and development as well as customer feedback, the potential is there. Its HPTuners for your suspension.

Can't wait to get mine on and play with it. The capabilities that were described to me are next level, in your dreams type of ability 10 years ago.
Agreed, but the car is so good already the incremental improvement this would yield really needs a better value associated with it. A number of tuning options available for download would go a long way toward achieving that value. Nothing is there yet for Camaro. This is also a much less expensive car with a potentially larger market. The Camaro price should reflect that but it does not.

At the current price and my expendable income level there are lot of things higher on the wish list than DSC is right now.

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:12 AM   #12
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
To play devils advocate a bit, mainly because I am truly curious; if the car is a stock 1LE for example, what benefit would this have? Why does one think they could tune/program the MRC better than a bunch of GM engineers?
Old 08-02-2017, 02:26 PM   #13
Atomic Ed

Drives: 2001 Audi TT, 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
To play devils advocate a bit, mainly because I am truly curious; if the car is a stock 1LE for example, what benefit would this have? Why does one think they could tune/program the MRC better than a bunch of GM engineers?
That's a good question and I'll relay my novice understanding of why this is a true improvement over the OEM BCM controller.

Our OEM controllers simply do not read any available input values on CAN bus, the OEM controller only gets its feedback from the dampeners themselves and the settings selected. The OEM controller is basically self contained.

THE DSC controller gathers data off the CAN bus from other external parameters such as g-force, braking pressure, VSS, and several others I can't remember at the moment, and actively uses them. This controller will performs separate, active changes in the dampening of each shock based on how the outside data stream is read and how the firmware is set up. You still retain your three driving modes, but all three are customizable through what seems a wider range of settings. You can stick with DSC's basic setup or modify as you see fit.

I'm convinced due to my research that this is a worthy purchase and plan on putting one on my car sometime in the near future. I'm looking to improve the tour mode riding comfort for long trips as well as optimizing the 1LE suspension upgrade kit for my SS.

Last edited by Atomic Ed; 08-02-2017 at 11:37 PM.
Atomic Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:08 PM   #14
cnote1115

Drives: 18 ZL1 1LE HYPER BLUE & 21 F350
Would this also allow SS cars without MRC to add it ?
cnote1115 is offline   Reply With Quote