Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-17-2017, 09:08 PM   #15
Uncle Sam

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE Hyper Blue
Sucks, but it is a car and can be replaced.

Lucky it wasn't a Takata airbag.
Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:10 PM   #16
sfzobie

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBones81 View Post
So do humans, hence the smog laws

OP, so sorry to see your car is gone! Where are you in the Bay Area? I'm in Pleasant Hill. Not sure if I've seen yours around here
I'm in Orinda but I have only seen one or two 1LEs around the Bay Area in the past few months
sfzobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:11 PM   #17
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
If you're looking for another white one, I have one. :-D
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:11 PM   #18
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBones81 View Post
So do humans, hence the smog laws

OP, so sorry to see your car is gone! Where are you in the Bay Area? I'm in Pleasant Hill. Not sure if I've seen yours around here
Touche
But I did plant a tree after I made my modifications so I've given back to mother earth.
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:18 PM   #19
sfzobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
Sucks, but it is a car and can be replaced.

Lucky it wasn't a Takata airbag.
Very true, although luckily I didn't hit the airbag with my head, the only airbag I felt was the knee airbag, but that was from the plastic cover not from the impact. I was a little surprised the airbags got triggered. When I realized I was going to crash, I just held on the steering wheel and it was a pop like you feel in bumper cars, the airbag deployment was the most startling part of the crash.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:27 PM   #20
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Don't get down it can happen to anyone ESP in California ! Upgrade don't
Replace ? Maybe get the regular Zl1 I always felt this car could use 100 more minimum glad your safe
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:34 PM   #21
Joe's_cool_1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
Replace ? Maybe get the regular Zl1 I always felt this car could use 100 more minimum glad your safe
Totally agree if the 100 more were HP. This 1LE is so planted that was the first thing that came to mind when I bought it. It REQUIRED more power IMHO. Ok maybe not so humble. But man this is truly the best car I've ever owned from an all out track and now straight line performance car. I'm only at 600 to the wheels and I honestly can say it could perform very well with a bit more too. GM really got this thing right!
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Old 07-17-2017, 09:40 PM   #22
sfzobie

Quote:
I wouldn't be opposed to a ZL1, but the price gap is so big I just don't think it's worth it for me. $40k for the 1LE is a steal, nothing will touch it for that money. When you start talking about low 60s, I could buy a 997 turbo for that money.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:42 PM   #23
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post
Totally agree if the 100 more were HP. This 1LE is so planted that was the first thing that came to mind when I bought it. It REQUIRED more power IMHO. Ok maybe not so humble. But man this is truly the best car I've ever owned from an all out track and now straight line performance car. I'm only at 600 to the wheels and I honestly can say it could perform very well with a bit more too. GM really got this thing right!
Your build was awesome ! How would the super charger hold
Up on a full track day ! I'm waiting a bit to do what you have done !
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:53 PM   #24
Joe's_cool_1le

Quote:
Your build was awesome ! How would the super charger hold
Up on a full track day ! I'm waiting a bit to do what you have done !
sorry for the hijack but I need to respond.

Before I attempt a true track day I will have to do one of two things. Add meth to keep her cool or get her forged to take care of those pistons and tight ring gaps. Impressively she has held up on lots of high 3rd, 4th, and into 5th gear pulls. One thing 1LE owners should keep in mind is the oil temperature gauge which is suppose to be very accurate. Before my PD and header install I was about 180 oil temp. Now when getting on it, it's about 200. But with unbelievable pull and traction.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:41 PM   #25
sfzobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
I've worked a lot of crash repairs in my career. This was no 15mph crash. Period. A 15mph crash does not total a 40k plus car... Ever..
Like I said, it was a city street with traffic, so my guess was 15-20mph, zero percent chance this was over 20mph, I don't drive with the PDR on, but I really wish i would have in this case. I'll put it to you this way, my sunglasses I that I was wearing on the top of my head didn't get dislodged, if I were traveling very fast, they should have flown off my head. After speaking to the insurance guy, he basically said because the airbags were deployed, that is what totaled it. On the repair estimate, it was 10k for airbags and 10k for body work.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:42 AM   #26
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfzobie View Post
I'm in Orinda but I have only seen one or two 1LEs around the Bay Area in the past few months
I saw a white 2015 1LE by Sunvalley mall today. There was another white one at Winter Chevy's service area in Pittsburg on Friday. I can't think of any 2017s around here that I've seen, actually...I see more Chevy SS Sedans than 1LEs...

How do you like Orinda? I grew up in Lafayette, so most of my family is still there, or in Orinda, but my wife and I were grateful just to buy a house over here in Pleasant Hill.
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:43 AM   #27
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post
Touche
But I did plant a tree after I made my modifications so I've given back to mother earth.
Maybe plant a couple more for those who aren't as caring as we are
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 11:30 PM   #28
sfzobie

Well I am working the numbers now with insurance and even though I spent significant time with the adjuster explaining that I have a 1LE and not just a 1SS, the comparable sales he used to value my car were a joke. While both were 1SS models, one was clearly not a 1LE and the other is suspect. Comp 1 has a sunroof, so I know it's not 1LE. Comp 2 had no HUD and cloth seats and was sold for 34k with 2k miles, so I am very suspect that it isn't a 1LE. Comparing a 1SS to a 1LE doesn't seem very fair considering the 1LE option price. I have sent a detailed email stating this to the adjuster and I hope he makes a change. Annoying but hopefully I will have a new 1LE in the garage this weekend, the Bay Area dealers have been terrible. Several have not known what the 1LE is, and others I have spent time explaining what i am looking for only to have them not return my call. I'm surprised, my original salesmen was great, but sadly he retired. I talked to another salesmen at the same place and he never returned my call. I have now spoken with 5 dealers in the Bay Area, one has a 1LE in Black, but he is firm at his discount and claims he won't budge. Overall very frustrating, but hopefully this will all be resolved soon.