Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 07-17-2017, 10:27 PM   #1
GrdgeRace

Drives: 2017 2.0 Gen 6
Turbo Blanket and Hood spacers

Hey was wondering if anyone has tried to install a blanket on their turbo yet and if so which one did you use?
I cant find anything for the camaro of course but did find some for the TD04 turbo, They list for Subi's and such with smaller frame turbo's
Was gonna try a PTP blanket for a WRX. They are a little pricey but keep the heat in the housing imo.
I was looking at the ZZP heatshield but other than looking prettier than the OE heatshield I dont see it doing much for the Radiant heat that the OE cant do. Maybe combining the 2 could possibly drop underhood temps.

I dont really want to change the hood to a vented or ram hood because I live in florida and it constantly monsoons. I was looking into Fabricating hood spacers to let out some of the trapped hot air, Think it will help especially sitting in traffic.

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any input that'd be great
Thanks
GrdgeRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:26 AM   #2
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrdgeRace View Post
Hey was wondering if anyone has tried to install a blanket on their turbo yet and if so which one did you use?
I cant find anything for the camaro of course but did find some for the TD04 turbo, They list for Subi's and such with smaller frame turbo's
Was gonna try a PTP blanket for a WRX. They are a little pricey but keep the heat in the housing imo.
I was looking at the ZZP heatshield but other than looking prettier than the OE heatshield I dont see it doing much for the Radiant heat that the OE cant do. Maybe combining the 2 could possibly drop underhood temps.

I dont really want to change the hood to a vented or ram hood because I live in florida and it constantly monsoons. I was looking into Fabricating hood spacers to let out some of the trapped hot air, Think it will help especially sitting in traffic.

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any input that'd be great
Thanks
As far as a blanket goes, a TD04 is a TD04 is a TD04. A TD04 will have the same 'frame' size regardless of vehicle. What matters is how the housing is clocked.

Before running a hood spacer, I'd look into removing the rear weatherstripping if there is any. I haven't looked under the hood of the Camaro in a while, so I don't recall if there is any, but I've done that trick to get more airflow on MANY other cars.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:28 PM   #3
dpelow07

Drives: ats
i used a dei t3 turbo blanket. worked great with stock turbo. I currently am using the same blanket on my new s257 turbo. I also wrapped my downpipes and used the girl reflective tape on the intake and charge pipes
dpelow07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:27 PM   #4
GrdgeRace

Drives: 2017 2.0 Gen 6
Nice thanks for the suggestions. Will check it out
GrdgeRace is offline   Reply With Quote