Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-26-2017, 04:28 AM   #15
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
The throttle response in "Sport" is more linear and in line versus "Track". I leave mine in sport all the time, I have driven in track several times after it is very noticeable how dead the throttle tip in is over sport.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:50 AM   #16
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Usually drive in Sport but on occasion have accidentally triggered Track mode and boy is it a shock when you take off from the light and wonder why the car feels the way it does. lol!
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:29 AM   #17
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
I've never seen a difference between track and sport for acceleration at the drag strip. I prefer sport mode because track really tightens up the steering and just makes it a little inconvenient driving slowly around the track and setting up at the tree.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:47 AM   #18
trboxman

Drives: 2017 2SS, M6, HBM
I set my steering to Sport so that it's the same no matter what mode I'm in, I prefer that it be consistent vs. light, less light & trying to move elephants.
trboxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:56 AM   #19
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
The throttle response in "Sport" is more linear and in line versus "Track". I leave mine in sport all the time, I have driven in track several times after it is very noticeable how dead the throttle tip in is over sport.
100% agree with this......
Old 06-26-2017, 06:43 PM   #20
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
I did not find Track to be a burden at all on a zl1 vert test drive this past weekend.

My 2012 Genesis 4.6 has pretty heavy steering... so I guess I'm used to it.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:30 PM   #21
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdasnt3 View Post
I've never seen a difference between track and sport for acceleration at the drag strip. I prefer sport mode because track really tightens up the steering and just makes it a little inconvenient driving slowly around the track and setting up at the tree.
just FYI, outside of the driving mode (tour, sport, track) you can manually set steering, exhaust and suspension, so if you want track mode PTM and all that it encompasses, but want tour style steering, well have at it.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:59 AM   #22
pkincy

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 ATS-V
I don't have a G6 yet, but on the C7Z06, the suspension is stiff enough that coupled with the crappy ultraheavy oem cast wheels many folks are getting bent or cracked wheels from pot holes if they run in S or Tr as a daily thing. I run in T most of the time unless I am on a road that I know well enough to know it is smooth or at least where the bad parts are (like my daily commute).

BTW, this is the first Chevy I have had since the ugly "sawblades" from the late 80's Corvettes that needs its oem wheels removed and replaced immediately. Unfortunately the ZL1 wheels appear to be the same or similar design to the current Z06.
pkincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:49 AM   #23
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenogears View Post
Thanks. Yeah I already set up steering, suspension and exhaust. But of course theres no option to"memorize" throttle response and I'll have to use my finger and toggle the mode every time, which kind of defeats having those other options set to track in the first place if I'm goimg to manually modify the driving mode every start. Life is pretty hard sometimes :p
You're kidding, right? How tough is it to extend an index finger? (just kidding) Even Chevorlet doesn't build a perfect car.
Added Procharger supercharger.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:51 AM   #24
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Corps View Post
You're kidding, right? How tough is it to extend an index finger? (just kidding) Even Chevorlet doesn't build a perfect car.
Too easy

On a more serious note, Chevy probably has to set the throttle default to what was used for the car's emissions and mpg testing, and also to better suit making the car easier/less stressful for the non-enthusiast to drive in stop-and-go traffic.

Norm
Old 07-02-2017, 01:44 AM   #25
xenogears

Drives: '15 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Look at it this way . . . the couple of seconds it takes you to toggle the mode is a couple more seconds for oil to start flowing in the engine and tranny fluid to be either splashed around (MT) or circulated (AT). And that one more step can help reset your mind from whatever it was involved with last to dealing with the mechanical details of driving your car.

Norm
Good way of looking at it. I've given up though and settled for mere Sport throttle response. I refuse to extend my finger every time I start the car
xenogears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:33 AM   #26
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenogears View Post
Good way of looking at it. I've given up though and settled for mere Sport throttle response. I refuse to extend my finger every time I start the car
Understood, and I can see where either the inability to set a specific default or always having to play the button-push dance to get around it could be an irritation. Though I could see myself using a specific finger as a small measure of spite . . .

For things like this where the defaults aren't mandated by regulation, a car owner ought to be able to set them to his preferences. Even if this required a special key or fob to set and use for later start cycles. Leave either the current arrangement or a slightly more restrictive one in place for occasional drivers who haven't been given "red key" permissions.

Norm
Old 07-02-2017, 07:50 AM   #27
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Just think of it as your pre-flight checklist after you start the car... ...makes it kinda fun
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:04 PM   #28
trboxman

Drives: 2017 2SS, M6, HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Just think of it as your pre-flight checklist after you start the car... ...makes it kinda fun
Foot on brake, clutch in, press start...Check
butt warmer/cooler on....Check
E-brake released...Check
Drive mode...Check
Go!!!
trboxman is offline   Reply With Quote