Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-11-2017, 10:26 AM   #1
man0steel

Drives: 2016 2LT vert 2.0 R/S A8
Dusty top

Has anyone considered changing the fabric on their top to something that wouldn't hold dust? I am getting really tired of getting the shop vac out every weekend to suck the dust of my canvas top, never considered this would be an issue when purchased.
man0steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 12:18 PM   #2
Dub9

Drives: F1fty SS
I noticed the top seems to hold dust and suck more than my last convertible. I never considered the investment of buyin a different top, even if that option existed.

Usually, I will just go over it quick with my electric leaf blower to get the major stuff off before opening it when I go out.
Dub9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 02:49 PM   #3
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
I've treated my top with the Raggtopp cleaner and protectant products. It's supposed to make the water bead up but it also seems to help repel the dust. If there's any there, it blows away when I start driving. Some people also use a product from 303 that seems to be good also. Here's a thread here on cleaning and protecting your top.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479329

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:24 PM   #4
Camaro6Dave
LATENIGHTWDAVE

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
I store my vert in the garage when not in use, but was still getting dust on the top. When I park it in garage I place a sheet over the top only, didn't want the hassle of having to take a full car cover off every time I went out. It seems to help.
Camaro6Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:30 PM   #5
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
My Detailer treated mine with Duragloss 341 Convertible Fabric Restorer. It made quite a bit of difference, but if the car sits for a week or more it does gather roof dust. The majority of it blows off once I go for a ride......
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:07 PM   #6
smithb

Drives: 2016 LT
Hmm, I never considered putting the top up on mine.
smithb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:50 AM   #7
camaromike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithb View Post
Hmm, I never considered putting the top up on mine.
... I know....... It is so AWESOME having a convertible!!....
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
Old 06-21-2017, 08:56 AM   #8
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
This time of year my top is covered with the fuzzy stuff from the local Cottonwood Trees. Once it dies down, I usually hit it with a lint roller.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:12 AM   #9
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
This time of year my top is covered with the fuzzy stuff from the local Cottonwood Trees. Once it dies down, I usually hit it with a lint roller.

-Geoff
Yup... lint roller!

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:11 AM   #10
camaromike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post

-Geoff
Now THAT is a great idea! Never thought of that! Thanks Geoff!
Old 06-21-2017, 03:57 PM   #11
man0steel

Drives: 2016 2LT vert 2.0 R/S A8
Treated with 303 from the git-go, stocked up on lint rollers and made a sleeve for my shop vac hose so it doesn't rub on the paint. Replace the top with flat black vinyl $3200. Guess I will wait til the top gets raggedy and warranty expires. On a side note, seems I read some where you should never use compressed air or a leaf blower on the canvas top as it will bury the contaminates in the fabric.
man0steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:02 PM   #12
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by man0steel View Post
On a side note, seems I read some where you should never use compressed air or a leaf blower on the canvas top as it will bury the contaminates in the fabric.
Yes that holds true, but only if you're a complete idiot , and try and use the air supply within inches of the fabric. Holding any air compressor stream of air a few feet away won't do any damage at all
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:42 AM   #13
camaromike77

Went out yesterday and bought a 3M Lint Roller ($3), and used the suggestion by SomeGeoffGuy. WOW. I thought my roof was clean, but a minute of rolling the Lint Roller over it I was amazed how dirty (with tree fluffs) it actually was! GREAT idea!