Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-17-2017, 07:22 PM   #211
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Love the out come on this! Looks awesome man!
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:36 PM   #212
Block8head

Drives: 2016 Vert 2SS/2018 ZL1 Vert Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHTURTLE View Post
I'm trying to avoid the Dyno, because I know myself all too well. If the car comes in at 1 HP less than 580 at the rear wheels, I'll be spending $600.00 on a tune.
Are you running without tune?
The kit you have. is it with the tuner or without?
Block8head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:04 AM   #213
TECHTURTLE

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Block8head View Post
Are you running without tune?
The kit you have. is it with the tuner or without?
I am running Edelbrock's 93 octane canned tune. The kit I bought used, was for an automatic and came with an EFI Live tuner. Manual kits come with a SCT tuner. I have a manual so I needed the SCT but I got lucky and found one that was made for the Edelbrock kit on Ebay. I think any SCT tuner would have worked but since this one was for the Edelbrock kit and didn't include the tunes that are on the regular ones I was able to get it super cheap.

When I sent my stock file in to be updated Edelbrock just sent me the tune no questions asked.

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
TECHTURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:08 AM   #214
TECHTURTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post
Love the out come on this! Looks awesome man!
Thank you, I see you are up and running as well. Enjoy!

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:45 AM   #215
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
Congrats on the install..... I have been following it since day one....
Old 04-18-2017, 08:57 AM   #216
TECHTURTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlueX2 View Post
Congrats on the install..... I have been following it since day one....
Thank you! It's been a fun ride.

Added
Old 04-18-2017, 09:02 AM   #217
TECHTURTLE

Interceptor pod and gauge installed. Now the pod I got does not reach the vent tube so I'm not sure that the vent will be active anymore. I hit Aeroforce up to see what they say.

And it's hard to tell by the picture but that is a black and red display on the gauge.
Attached Images

Added
Old 04-18-2017, 10:15 AM   #218
TECHTURTLE

Okay so Aeroforce got back with me and the gap is normal. Air flow from the vent seems fine so all is good.

So let's talk temps... In the picture below you can see my inlet air temps. The lower number is the temp before the inter-cooler and the upper number is the temp after the inter-cooler. So far everything looks good.
Attached Images

Added
Old 04-18-2017, 10:28 AM   #219
cleoent

Drives: 16' Camaro E-Force SS
there's a recent thread on temps. You will find that after some discussion, iat2 temps from aeroforce are a false reading. We don't know from what. Intake air temp is the only reading we get and it is after the intercooler inside the manifold.
cleoent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:37 AM   #220
TECHTURTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleoent View Post
there's a recent thread on temps. You will find that after some discussion, iat2 temps from aeroforce are a false reading. We don't know from what. Intake air temp is the only reading we get and it is after the intercooler inside the manifold.
Good to know but odd as the IAT2 seemed to follow IAT just lower which made sense. Oh well, I just watch Knock Retard instead.

Added
Old 04-18-2017, 04:48 PM   #221
Block8head

Drives: 2016 Vert 2SS/2018 ZL1 Vert Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHTURTLE View Post
Interceptor pod and gauge installed. Now the pod I got does not reach the vent tube so I'm not sure that the vent will be active anymore. I hit Aeroforce up to see what they say.

And it's hard to tell by the picture but that is a black and red display on the gauge.
GM have revised the vent and the new one is shorter at bigger opening to allowed the air to flow thru and fit both 16 and 17 model year. The longer version from the 16 is no longer available.
Block8head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:15 AM   #222
brianhj

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Any issues since you've had it installed?
brianhj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:24 PM   #223
TECHTURTLE

Not a single issue (Knock on wood). And I surprised the heck out of a guy in a Nissan GT / R. He came up behind me while getting on the highway and road right on my tail. It worked out perfectly because buy the time the guy in front of me got out of the way I was right in the sweet spot... I punched it and pulled away, he kept up pretty good but was falling back. I had no idea that he was in a GT R (Not sure what year) until I let off and let him pass. And he had no idea how the "easy kill" Camaro just ate his lunch.

Added
Old 06-09-2017, 03:03 PM   #224
brettman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Awesome buddy, You just come here to see all (ROB'S blown up, my noisy SC)
J/K, How is the heat with that thing?? Should be higher then a screw, I know it is.
Have you shot it with a heat gun?
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

Car Journal http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490975

SC build http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492656

Drive, Ride, Fly It Like You Stole It

GO BIG OR GO HOME
brettman is offline   Reply With Quote