Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-24-2017, 07:42 PM   #1
hogwild87

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Lt4 injectors and hpfp worth the money?

Just wondering how much more flow I can get out of the combo of these two. It's a given I'm gonna need low side I know that, and I'm sure I'll go with stock lt4 hpfp but do I really need the lt4 injectors as well? I saw where FIC is offering injectors that flow like 30% over lt4 but I ain't trying to pay 450 an injector lol
hogwild87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:59 AM   #2
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
I don't know. But I spoke with Cordes and they said that with their low side and the LT4 high side that the system could support 900 whp on e85. So I'm guessing that on something like MS109 and Meth you could do a little over 1000whp. Also congrats on the new time. Did it go nines on the stock fuel system and meth? or did you change anything?
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:20 AM   #3
Turbo_RORO

My bad I didn't answer your question. While I don't have them yet I think that if your goal is around 900 or less then they are worth it. Cordes has their injectors and I was also informed of a new HPFP that could out flow the Lingenfelter for similar money. So in the future we could have a 1100whp fuel system without meth or secondary injectors. But its gonna cost.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:06 AM   #4
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogwild87 View Post
Just wondering how much more flow I can get out of the combo of these two. It's a given I'm gonna need low side I know that, and I'm sure I'll go with stock lt4 hpfp but do I really need the lt4 injectors as well? I saw where FIC is offering injectors that flow like 30% over lt4 but I ain't trying to pay 450 an injector lol

Depends on if you are running regular gas or e85. If you run regular 91 octane pump gas the Lt1 cannot really use the extra fuel potential of the LT4 mechanical pump. You have to run more boost to keep the air fuel ratios in balance and the compression ratio is so high on the lt1 that you can only get about 650 whp before knock becomes a problem with the high compression ratio. The stock LT1 mechanical pump can handle 650 whp fine. If you want to buy 100+ octane race gas then you can use the the LT4 mechanical pump.

If you run e85 and are tuned to just run e85 it takes more fuel and e85 is a lot more knock resistant. If you plan to tune for e85 then the lt4 mechanical pump makes sense.

If you switch the mechanical pump you should change the injectors. These are DI engines and the injectors are designed to completely atomize fuel at specific high pressure ranges. The LT1 injectors are not designed to operate at the higher fuel pressures provided by the LT4 pump and they will not be as efficient with the higher pressures.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:26 AM   #5
Turbo_RORO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
Depends on if you are running regular gas or e85. If you run regular 91 octane pump gas the Lt1 cannot really use the extra fuel potential of the LT4 mechanical pump. You have to run more boost to keep the air fuel ratios in balance and the compression ratio is so high on the lt1 that you can only get about 650 whp before knock becomes a problem with the high compression ratio. The stock LT1 mechanical pump can handle 650 whp fine. If you want to buy 100+ octane race gas then you can use the the LT4 mechanical pump.

If you run e85 and are tuned to just run e85 it takes more fuel and e85 is a lot more knock resistant. If you plan to tune for e85 then the lt4 mechanical pump makes sense.

If you switch the mechanical pump you should change the injectors. These are DI engines and the injectors are designed to completely atomize fuel at specific high pressure ranges. The LT1 injectors are not designed to operate at the higher fuel pressures provided by the LT4 pump and they will not be as efficient with the higher pressures.
Thanks for the info. I've watched your build also. how is the AGP holding up?I should have prefaced that I am all about testing fuels. I recently got into the MS109 and I am liking it so far. but I have a little more experience in ethanol based fuel.
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2017, 09:33 PM   #6
hogwild87

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_RORO View Post
I don't know. But I spoke with Cordes and they said that with their low side and the LT4 high side that the system could support 900 whp on e85. So I'm guessing that on something like MS109 and Meth you could do a little over 1000whp. Also congrats on the new time. Did it go nines on the stock fuel system and meth? or did you change anything?
Thanks and yes went 9.95 on stock fuel system on 93 plus the dual nozzle meth
hogwild87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 02:05 PM   #7
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_RORO View Post
Thanks for the info. I've watched your build also. how is the AGP holding up?I should have prefaced that I am all about testing fuels. I recently got into the MS109 and I am liking it so far. but I have a little more experience in ethanol based fuel.
AGP system has been flawless so far. I'm considering selling the car so I can build a twin turbo ZL1 1LE. I think I could push the stock LT4 longblock to 1000 whp with just some right sized turbos and an add on port injection system like parish8 is doing. For me I think this would be the ultimate street/road course car.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote